No announcement yet.

Golovkin's Belts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by buddyguns View Post
    I've been trying to explain to fools that K2 is GGG's biggest problem. So far, they haven't secured him a big fight and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

I wish I could be simple minded enough to think that professional fighters who have been fighting since childhood are afraid of another man. It's a cute narrative for grown men who have never been in a fight and need to live through others accomplishments.

But in the real world, it's called prize fighting. It's pretty obvious that K2 isn't making the prizes attractive enough.
    It's not on K2 to make an offer to Canelo. They're doing a fantastic job with Ggg, nothing they can do if other guys don't think they have a chance and would rather forfeit

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      It's not on K2 to make an offer to Canelo. They're doing a fantastic job with Ggg, nothing they can do if other guys don't think they have a chance and would rather forfeit
      If GGG's inability to secure a big fight derives solely from other fighters fear of him, then all of this is for nothing. In that light, we can assume that BJS will camp out on his belt as it's his only negotiating piece. He has no incentive to fight GGG only to put the last belt in the hands of a man that he can't beat. At that point, the plan to stay in the middleweight division to unify it just fell to ****.

So if K2 is worth their salt, they should be able to lure a scared fighter into the ring to hand over the last belt to GGG. Is this conceivable?

Comment

Originally posted by buddyguns View Post
        If GGG's inability to secure a big fight derives solely from other fighters fear of him, then all of this is for nothing. In that light, we can assume that BJS will camp out on his belt as it's his only negotiating piece. He has no incentive to fight GGG only to put the last belt in the hands of a man that he can't beat. At that point, the plan to stay in the middleweight division to unify it just fell to ****.

So if K2 is worth their salt, they should be able to lure a scared fighter into the ring to hand over the last belt to GGG. Is this conceivable?
        Maybe. At this point he brings good money vs most B siders. But also a sure Ko loss so not clear cut

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
          WBC - Golovkin was mandatory. Canelo vacated. What the **** is your point? That Canelo is a ***** and avoided fighting Golovkin as his mandatory at 160?

IBF - You ****ing liar. N'Dam was ranked #1, and Lemieux was ranked #4. The title became vacant when Jermain Taylor lost it. Hence, N'Dam vs Lemieux was for the vacant title.

WBA - He won the interim WBA belt.

Did you know that Daniel Geale was the WBA Super belt holder after he defeated Felix Sturm, and was supposed to fight the winner of Proksa/Golovkin, but then he avoided that fight and thereby lost the title (leading to Golovkin getting promoted to the WBA Super)?

I don't even know why I bother. The majority of the anti-GGG fan brigade can't even get their facts straight, and obviously have a illogical vendetta against Golovkin. Sad... makes me think the average boxing fan here is mentally ******ed, or just has some sort of grudge against GGG.

Keep pretending like he didn't fight Martin Murray, or Lemieux in his last four fights. Keep pretending like Dominic Wade wasn't a mandatory. I'll give you Willie Monroe, but don't be a dip**** and act like he didn't fight two guys ranked top 10 in his division recently. It's better than 99% of all the other boxers out there. Wilder, Ward, Rigondeaux, Kell Brook, etc.--- wake me up when they fight a top 10 in their weight class again.
          I'm not a f***ing liar. I was going by consensus ranks not IBF. Yes IBF had Lemieux #4 and ndam #1. But then again they had Dominic Wade at #2 and have tureano Johnson as #1 so excuse me if I don't agree with their rankings. You think Johnson is the number one middleweight and Dominic wade number two? Doesn't Lemieux at 8 and ndam at 7 sound a little more realistic?

Comment

Originally posted by i'm a fun haver View Post
            Canelo could've fought GGG, but he chose to just hand the belt over.
            No, Canelo chose not to have the WBC deadline held over him as a threat in negotiations. By vacating Golovkin now has no power. Agree to Canelo's terms or fight Willie Monroe Jrs over and over

Comment

this gujy ios trying to blame someone for another person giving up the belt and not fighting them...............think ab that ......i ask you to race me for 100 cash and u say nah heres the money ....so its MY fault ??????????

Comment

I think BJS will fight GGG. First, he now sees what flak Canelo has taken, and called him on it. Second, he knows he won't win, but in a gypsy sort of way, he'll win just by fighting GGG. Sort of like Lemieux. Hell, I'm a Lemieux fan BECAUSE he chose to put his belt on the line right after winning it. It'll be the same with BJS, win, lose or draw.

Comment

Originally posted by TSS View Post
                  Dude are you serious? You don't think beating people like Milton Nunez, Marco Antonio Rubio, and Lemoo (who got stopped by Rubio) is an impressive group of wins that have led to little Gina becoming the unified middleweight champion? What are you smoking?
                  this has to be the least impressive rout to being the champion ever. 3/4 titles handed to the man. Good fighter but these politics are making me sick. Canelo needs to grow a pair. fight at 154 or 160. You cant highjack a belt without fighting ranked opponents. what was he thinking. Gennady better fight a top 5 contender next. Im tired of the bum of the month brigade. Lemieux was a legit top ten guy in recent years but GGG is old. Gotta get the big wins in to cap off his career

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
                    this gujy ios trying to blame someone for another person giving up the belt and not fighting them...............think ab that ......i ask you to race me for 100 cash and u say nah heres the money ....so its MY fault ??????????

That doesn't make sense and isn't the same thing as this Canelo and Golovkin situation. Golovkin could hold this WBC deadline over Canelo's head in negotiations effectively saying "I'm not giving in to your demands, if you don't sign to fight me by the deadline you won't have your belt". Well, Canelo said f the belt, have it, now give in to my demands or you can keep fighting Dominic wades and Monroe jr. Really it's smart. Canelo can always fight Saunders.

Comment

Originally posted by Cody8804 View Post
                      I'm not a f***ing liar. I was going by consensus ranks not IBF. Yes IBF had Lemieux #4 and ndam #1. But then again they had Dominic Wade at #2 and have tureano Johnson as #1 so excuse me if I don't agree with their rankings. You think Johnson is the number one middleweight and Dominic wade number two? Doesn't Lemieux at 8 and ndam at 7 sound a little more realistic?
                      They don't rate other belt holders, so Golovkin, Canelo, and Billy Joe Saunders are off the list. Cotto is off the list because he hasn't fought at middleweight after losing his title. Danny Jacobs is off the list I'm assuming because he holds a WBA interim, or whatever, title. Peter Quillin is off the list I'm assuming because he had WBO / WBA belt, and now no longer has either one, plus he hasn't had any wins since he lost to Jacobs (well duh).

Wade was actually rated #3, as #2 was vacant. Don't ask me how they do ratings, but it is what it is. Tureano Johnson isn't bad. I think he does deserve top 10 middleweight status. Not entirely sure if the fight vs Stevens should have been stopped when it did (actually, I don't think it should have been stopped), but if it wasn't he would have won off the scorecards easily enough even if he had been knockdown.

Do I still agree with their rankings? Nah, especially not with Wade. Johnson I don't mind as much.

Comment

Working...
                      X