No announcement yet.

The #1 and #2 P4P fighters fight tomorrow in front of a sold out crowd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
    This is Wade's first ever middleweight fight.
    Really I wasnt aware of that , just throw another log on GGGs BS fire which is starting to rage , dude gotta stop fighting these B graders and hook into some real fights , if he cant get the ones he wants dont go belt Wades go do the real challenges that are available .

Comment

I'll probably be rooting for the upsets.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
        Wade is mandatory for the middleweight belt and has never fought at middleweight. IBF is a ****ing joke.
        Ya know I was going back to Derevyanchenko's BoxRec page, since he is rated on the IBF @ 160, and apparently he's only once made 160 in his eight professional fights. One of the fight's details says 'Derevyanchenko rated @ 160 where he is campaigning by Management request', which must be why BoxRec and IBF have him rated at MW.

Strikes me as odd that you can just ask the organizations to rate you in a weight division even if you don't actually fight there

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
        Answer the other question. Is that belt worth keeping? If he were a 27 year old MW then that's cool. He's 34 and needs a big fight. I'd rather see big fights than fights for trinkets.
        I edited my comment but yes I would absolutely keep the belt. GGG isn't a household name like Canelo, the belts do matter for him.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
          I edited my comment but yes I would absolutely keep the belt. GGG isn't a household name like Canelo, the belts do matter for him.
          The belts won't make him a household name. Fighting big fights makes him a household name. If it was the belt he would've had Cotto stripped.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
            How many did Barrera have?

Those two fight suck. They're part of the problem with boxing. However, people like you are only pointing one way and ignore the bull**** from the boxers you like.
            The Wade fight is meh, but Arroyo is actually a really good fighter. He's lost some of his lustre because of his very close sd loss to Roenrueng, but it really could have gone either way. Being in Thailand, it went to the Thai champ.

He's being overlooked as an opponent though and will show in future fights.He's got good power and is reasonably quick. I don't think he'll ever beat the true class of the division, but he's no mismatched guy like Wade etc. He's a very good stay busy fight until they get their **** together and get RG vs Estrada II, or another unification fight.
            Last edited by BennyST; 04-22-2016, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
              He's being overlooked as an opponent though and will show in future fights.He's got good power and is reasonably quick. I don't think he'll ever beat the true class of the division, but he's no mismatched guy like Wade etc. He's a very good stay busy fight until they get their **** together and get RG vs Estrada II, or another unification fight.
              Isn't Arroyo older than Gonzalez?

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
                I can look at Ward's resume and know he's the real deal. I can understand Ward taking on a tune-up fight his first fight in a new division. Barrera was Kovalev's mandatory so he would've had to fight him if not for Ward. What I don't understand is why this fight is taking place.
                Didn't you answer your own fking question there, slick?

Comment

Working...
                X