Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone knowledgeable in the bible confirm this?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Khalid X View Post
    Everything I stated is accurate as far as what is going on in the bible. If not, please point it out.

1. Hebrews were taking out of Egypt
    2. Hebrews wanted to enter into a relationship with YHWH.
    3. God outlined the terms of that said relationship
    4. As part of that, God said he is a Jealous God in the sense he won't tolerate any unfaithfulness and worshiping of any other god's (Jealous = demanding exclusive devotion).

It's no different that any other agreement we see today (whether it's marriage, terms of employment etc) in the sense that there are certain requirements that have to be met as part of that agreement.
    there's actually nothing wrong with this, but our modern society doesn't believe in keeping any kind of agreements between people, for example divorce is easy. we live in an entitlement society where everybody owes us and we are allowed to **** them over, post modern humans get angry when they want to cancel a promise or agreement they made willingly and now don't want to keep their responsibilities for. God holds us accountable for our actions, that makes us angry at Him

Comment

• Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post
      Not really. Jealousy has propelled many a men to greatness.
      Greatness can be subjective. What seems like success on the outside might hide emptiness inside.

Personally, harboring Jealousy has never given me strength, only weakness.
      Last edited by DARKSEID; 11-17-2015, 11:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™
        Jealousy is a weak ass trait to have if you're a grown man let alone a god.

Someone carves out a baby cow out of a bunch of necklaces and you're jealous?

Jesus Christ.

God's "jealousy" is only used in a poetic sense to convey God's feeling of betrayal when his creations choose sin over righteousness, waywardness over grace, violence over forgiveness, ignorance over understanding, and hatred over peace.

The golden bull is a symbol of making riches your God. Carving an idol of gold represents worshipping riches.
        Last edited by DARKSEID; 11-18-2015, 12:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by -DEfiance View Post
          God's "jealousy" is only used in a poetic sense to convey God's feeling of betrayal when his creations choose sin over righteousness, waywardness over grace, violence over forgiveness, ignorance over understanding, and hatred over peace.

The golden bull is a symbol of making riches your God. Carving an idol of gold represents worshipping riches.

Comment

Opinions birth ideas. Everything is just someone's opinion, but if we didn't have any then we would go nowhere.

It's the individual's responsibility to gather the truth and wisdom from the lies and misdirection.

Just because something is an opinion doesn't mean it doesn't have value.
            Last edited by DARKSEID; 11-18-2015, 01:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by -DEfiance View Post
              Opinions birth ideas. Everything is just someone's opinion, but if we didn't have any then we would go nowhere.

It's the individual's responsibility to gather the truth and wisdom from the lies and misdirection.

Just because something is an opinion doesn't mean it doesn't have value.
              Quoted the wrong post, meant to quote this one;

Originally posted by -DEfiance View Post
              Greatness can be subjective. What seems like success on the outside might hide emptiness inside.

Personally, harboring Jealousy has never given me strength, only weakness.
              How much truth are you really trying to gather when here u are moving goalposts?

Comment

Quoted the wrong post, meant to quote this one;

How much truth are you really trying to gather when here u are moving goalposts?
                What goalposts did I move when nobody set the line?

If you think harboring jealousy is a good thing, then I respect your cause. I've personally found that harboring jealousy is a worthless unnecessary burden.
                Last edited by DARKSEID; 11-18-2015, 01:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                  You cut this important part out...

"Ive explained why i could condemn my parents for their actions, even though they gave me life.
                  You havent explained why God giving you life means you cannot condemn him."

And please dont be condescending with your "get it yet?". Its not necessary.
                  What do you want me to say? Do I need to say it a certain number of times before you get it? Seriously, what gives? But I'll try yet again....

Because He gave me life, I accept His rules, actions, etc. It's no more complex than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Khalid X View Post
                    Everything I stated is accurate as far as what is going on in the bible. If not, please point it out.

1. Hebrews were taking out of Egypt
                    2. Hebrews wanted to enter into a relationship with YHWH.
                    3. God outlined the terms of that said relationship
                    4. As part of that, God said he is a Jealous God in the sense he won't tolerate any unfaithfulness and worshiping of any other god's (Jealous = demanding exclusive devotion).

It's no different that any other agreement we see today (whether it's marriage, terms of employment etc) in the sense that there are certain requirements that have to be met as part of that agreement.

I actually would love to see someone point out how any of this is inaccurate and is not what is going on in the bible. Also, as I asked Reed, what is wrong with God making a statement about being jealous, given the context of what is going on?
                    You are rationalizing this in a way that is comical at this point. Like Cleto said, "he's not jealous, he's just angry that someone replaced him".

THAT IS JEALOUSY!.....hahahaha

The reason we find it funny is because you would think that an all powerfull, all knowing god wouldn't be hindered by basic human emotions like jealousy. That's all we were pointing out. Just one of many things that don't make any sense in the Bible.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                      LMFAO!!!

You don't even know what a strawman fallacy is, and you think you're going school someone else on the basics of Debate??
                      I know exactly what a strawman is, and the first time you accused me of this, I proved over and over it wasn't. Your problem is you cannot have a serious, open minded discussion about anything as you have proven in conversations with me, Noose, Reed and everyone else you argue with here.

Nothing I said was wrong, he interjected "god" into the discussion and if you know anything about debate, you don't get to put your conclusion in the premise.

I'm not going to discuss god's nature seriously, until you give me evidence of it's existence. He asked me "Do you understand god?", it's a loaded question to say the least.

It's like me asking, "Do you understand unicorns?"

We used to have decent discussions, but you have become the most annoying **** (for my UK friends ) in this place and it's not even close.

Comment

Working...
                      X