Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 01-30-2020, 10:00 PM #41
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 655 Post(s)
UNBANNED is infamous around these partsUNBANNED is infamous around these partsUNBANNED is infamous around these partsUNBANNED is infamous around these partsUNBANNED is infamous around these partsUNBANNED is infamous around these partsUNBANNED is infamous around these partsUNBANNED is infamous around these partsUNBANNED is infamous around these partsUNBANNED is infamous around these partsUNBANNED is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 24,849.76

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
Ok. You said a shorter version of this, and provided a list of names, citing Golovkin's unwillingness to budge in weight as the concession needing to be made. My point was that most of the names on the list were MW fighters/champs, and therefore no concession was needed. I further contend that an offer, with an included concession, was made to fight Ward, leaving your list of fighters that Golovkin should make a concession to fight with just Lara.
Middleweight is 155-160 and both Canelo and Cotto won the MW title at a weight other than 160. They dealt with it like adults.

Ggg refused to fight them at any weight other than 160. So GGG waited and got older. When the fights finally happened he was done.

Canelo 1 might have - maybe - been a 7-5 win, but the 6-7 draw was fine.

And Canelo 2 was a loss or a draw in best case scenario

Dervenchenko beat GGG but the judges fancy a megafight Canelo 3 so they gave it to GGG

Jacobs deserved a rematch that he didnt get as that fight was 6-6

Everytime Ggg fought live opponents and not fringe contenders like Rolls or Monroe Jr or Vanes...he looked very ordinary.

People say it was because he was old, but he brought that on himself 100% sadly.

And GGG challenged Ward at 168 then changed his offer to 164 once Ward accepted. Despite GGG still saying he would fight Froch and JCC Jr at 168.....not a "duck" though.....
UNBANNED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 08:06 AM #42
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 11058 Post(s)
GGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 113,567.75
Total Points: 150,830.10
:beerchug: - -jose- Keep up the good posts, brother... - anthonydavid11 Smart man - Thraxox One of the good posters here - 1bad65 Great post as usual, Glove Mf'in Kang! - Tony Trick-Pony 
You are the man, without question - Tony Trick-Pony For unquestionably punkin' Chollo Vista bitch ass. - Bobby Deez Andy Ruiz,baby! - travestyny Thanks for all the laughs, bruvva! - Tony Trick-Pony 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNBANNED View Post
Middleweight is 155-160 and both Canelo and Cotto won the MW title at a weight other than 160. They dealt with it like adults.

Ggg refused to fight them at any weight other than 160. So GGG waited and got older. When the fights finally happened he was done.

Canelo 1 might have - maybe - been a 7-5 win, but the 6-7 draw was fine.

And Canelo 2 was a loss or a draw in best case scenario

Dervenchenko beat GGG but the judges fancy a megafight Canelo 3 so they gave it to GGG

Jacobs deserved a rematch that he didnt get as that fight was 6-6

Everytime Ggg fought live opponents and not fringe contenders like Rolls or Monroe Jr or Vanes...he looked very ordinary.

People say it was because he was old, but he brought that on himself 100% sadly.

And GGG challenged Ward at 168 then changed his offer to 164 once Ward accepted. Despite GGG still saying he would fight Froch and JCC Jr at 168.....not a "duck" though.....
Yes, Middleweight is 155-160. So if you are a Middleweight champ, you are the champ up to 160. Not merely up to whatever catch-weight you win the title at, but you represent the entirety of the division. That belt means you are the best 160 lb boxer in the world. It does not change meaning if you win the belt at 155. So, all of that he didn't win the belt at 160 is just an excuse.

You mention Ward. Quick question. Why doesn't Ward have to make any concession with regards to weight, as you insist Golovkin must do?
GGG Gloveking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 05:38 AM #43
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 655 Post(s)
UNBANNED is infamous around these partsUNBANNED is infamous around these partsUNBANNED is infamous around these partsUNBANNED is infamous around these partsUNBANNED is infamous around these partsUNBANNED is infamous around these partsUNBANNED is infamous around these partsUNBANNED is infamous around these partsUNBANNED is infamous around these partsUNBANNED is infamous around these partsUNBANNED is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 24,849.76

Quote:
Yes, Middleweight is 155-160. So if you are a Middleweight champ, you are the champ up to 160. Not merely up to whatever catch-weight you win the title at, but you represent the entirety of the division. That belt means you are the best 160 lb boxer in the world. It does not change meaning if you win the belt at 155. So, all of that he didn't win the belt at 160 is just an excuse.

You mention Ward. Quick question. Why doesn't Ward have to make any concession with regards to weight, as you insist Golovkin must do?
MW is 155-160. Starts at 155 and ends at 160. If a lesser known contender wants to fight an established star they have to be ready to make concessions. It's just how it goes.

GGG called out Ward first. Once Ward accepted the terms of the callout changed...even though the offer for Froch and JCC still stood for 168.

And remember - we're talking about CWs here. GGG said no catchweight for Canelo or Cotto but then imposed his own catchweight on Ward.........that's weak.
UNBANNED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 09:34 AM #44
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 11058 Post(s)
GGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 113,567.75
Total Points: 150,830.10
:beerchug: - -jose- Keep up the good posts, brother... - anthonydavid11 Smart man - Thraxox One of the good posters here - 1bad65 Great post as usual, Glove Mf'in Kang! - Tony Trick-Pony 
You are the man, without question - Tony Trick-Pony For unquestionably punkin' Chollo Vista bitch ass. - Bobby Deez Andy Ruiz,baby! - travestyny Thanks for all the laughs, bruvva! - Tony Trick-Pony 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNBANNED View Post
MW is 155-160. Starts at 155 and ends at 160. If a lesser known contender wants to fight an established star they have to be ready to make concessions. It's just how it goes.

GGG called out Ward first. Once Ward accepted the terms of the callout changed...even though the offer for Froch and JCC still stood for 168.

And remember - we're talking about CWs here. GGG said no catchweight for Canelo or Cotto but then imposed his own catchweight on Ward.........that's weak.
I disagree and without getting into the merits of how expecting an athlete to intentionally place himself at a disadvantage is contrary to the concepts of equity and fair play, which should be prevalent in all sports, I'll just say that Golovkin was a champ, and shouldn't be held to the standards of a contender.

As far as Froch and Chavez, I don't care what their deals were. Do you think Berto went to Floyd talking about how much split he gave Manny? Ward said he would go to 160 for Floyd, should GGG be able to hold him to that same deal? No.

Yes, we're talking about catch-weights. I want a catch for fighters that fight in two different divisions. You want one for a unification fight. You expect the same man to move down to fight guys in his same division, and move up to fight someone in a higher division.

That just seems inconsistent, and to demonstrate such, I'd like you write a formula to illustrate this. My formula goes as such: If A and B are in the same division, no catch-weight needed. If A and B are in different divisions, a catch of (A+B)/2 is acceptable. There never should be a catch for a title fight. Now, can you show me what formula you use?
GGG Gloveking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 01:08 PM #45
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 13137 Post(s)
kafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 288,730.83
Total Points: 296,761.16
:) - Beercules :) - MDPopescu Don't be so damned sensitive, you're Scottish. - Scott.Weiland. Have a Sunday beer on me - Steve plunger true poster!!! - MDPopescu 
war jezza! - mlac P4P funny poster list on BScene - Snoop Frog ok - clandestino Thnx for the green. Cheers - Boxing Goat 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDPopescu View Post
Dear kafkod... do you remember when you started this thread?
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

... namely : "GGG wasn't trying to KO Canelo!" ... it's from 09-18-2017...

source:
https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=759504
Yes, of course I remember starting that thread. Do you still agree with what I was saying there?
kafkod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 01:14 PM #46
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 13137 Post(s)
kafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 288,730.83
Total Points: 296,761.16
:) - Beercules :) - MDPopescu Don't be so damned sensitive, you're Scottish. - Scott.Weiland. Have a Sunday beer on me - Steve plunger true poster!!! - MDPopescu 
war jezza! - mlac P4P funny poster list on BScene - Snoop Frog ok - clandestino Thnx for the green. Cheers - Boxing Goat 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
Here's the thing though. A guy like Floyd Mayweather was expected to beat top level fighters well into his late 30's and even when he won those fights people still criticized those wins. When you create an environment where you hold fighters up to insane standards every fighter who has any failings will get heat.

You're right however, Golovkin is an old fighter but people don't see it that way. They expect him to be able to beat champion after champion in his late 30's the same way Floyd did in his late 30's.
Floyd had a style that aged better than GGG's high intensity pressure fighting. Even so, the last prime, elite level champion that Floyd beat was Cotto, when he (Floyd) was 34/35 years old.

Last edited by kafkod; 02-01-2020 at 01:19 PM.
kafkod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 01:16 PM #47
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1055 Post(s)
AKAcronym has a reputation beyond reputeAKAcronym has a reputation beyond reputeAKAcronym has a reputation beyond reputeAKAcronym has a reputation beyond reputeAKAcronym has a reputation beyond reputeAKAcronym has a reputation beyond reputeAKAcronym has a reputation beyond reputeAKAcronym has a reputation beyond reputeAKAcronym has a reputation beyond reputeAKAcronym has a reputation beyond reputeAKAcronym has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 613,368.50
Total Points: 666,203.52

Those saying that a CW offer of 164 for Ward by Golovkin was a way of saying he didn't want the fight, should be saying the same thing in regards to Cotto or Canelo wanting anything below 160 as a way of saying they didn't want the fight either. Cotto can fight Martinez at 159 but not Golovkin? He brought Geale down to 157 so we can safely assume he wouldn't want Golovkin at anything higher than that. Canelo can do his 155 thing for however long but will jump up to fight Chavez. If going by some of these guys' logic, anything proposed by Cotto and Canelo below 160, should be an indication that they weren't serious about fighting him until he, coincidentally, became 35 and had clearly shown signs of slowing. And lest we forget Canelo dropping the belt? How can you blame G for "waiting" when you got **** like that going on? It was all about delaying the fight from the beginning to gain whatever perceived advantages.
AKAcronym is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 01:27 PM #48

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
elfag has a reputation beyond reputeelfag has a reputation beyond reputeelfag has a reputation beyond reputeelfag has a reputation beyond reputeelfag has a reputation beyond reputeelfag has a reputation beyond reputeelfag has a reputation beyond reputeelfag has a reputation beyond reputeelfag has a reputation beyond reputeelfag has a reputation beyond reputeelfag has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,630.32
Total Points: 55,904.87

Quote:
Excuse me... I've always tried to be respectful to you, and this is how you repay me? I wasn't even talking to you, and you have the nerve to tell me to suck a dicc?! Wow...

...the things people say from the safety of their home...
He knows you a bish ass GGG nut hugger, why would you deserve respect?
elfag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 01:30 PM #49

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
elfag has a reputation beyond reputeelfag has a reputation beyond reputeelfag has a reputation beyond reputeelfag has a reputation beyond reputeelfag has a reputation beyond reputeelfag has a reputation beyond reputeelfag has a reputation beyond reputeelfag has a reputation beyond reputeelfag has a reputation beyond reputeelfag has a reputation beyond reputeelfag has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,630.32
Total Points: 55,904.87

Quote:
I disagree and without getting into the merits of how expecting an athlete to intentionally place himself at a disadvantage is contrary to the concepts of equity and fair play, which should be prevalent in all sports, I'll just say that Golovkin was a champ, and shouldn't be held to the standards of a contender.

As far as Froch and Chavez, I don't care what their deals were. Do you think Berto went to Floyd talking about how much split he gave Manny? Ward said he would go to 160 for Floyd, should GGG be able to hold him to that same deal? No.

Yes, we're talking about catch-weights. I want a catch for fighters that fight in two different divisions. You want one for a unification fight. You expect the same man to move down to fight guys in his same division, and move up to fight someone in a higher division.

That just seems inconsistent, and to demonstrate such, I'd like you write a formula to illustrate this. My formula goes as such: If A and B are in the same division, no catch-weight needed. If A and B are in different divisions, a catch of (A+B)/2 is acceptable. There never should be a catch for a title fight. Now, can you show me what formula you use?

GGG said ANYONE from 154-168.

Then when ACTUALLY TALENTED FIGHTERS responded, he said, whoops, I meant cab drivers from 154-168, Canelo you must be 160, Chavez Jr, yes you good for 168, Ward, no way youre too skilled for me at 168, you need to drain lower, I rescind my offer, fighting you would be dangerous, Im not talented enough to move up ONE division.
elfag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 01:30 PM #50
Banned

Quoted: 4200 Post(s)
Boxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 157,456.57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
Here's your prime Golovkin getting roughed up by a light MW that lost 5 of his last 7 fights.

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

What an ATG.
Man that was a great fight...probably my favorite GGG fight ever...and not really embarrassing at all really....if you want to see embarrassing check out AJ's performance vs Ruiz in their first fight
lol
Boxing_1013 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends