Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

View Poll Results: How many years are there in a decade
Ten (2010-2019) 30 88.24%
Eleven (2009-2019) 4 11.76%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2020, 03:22 AM #21
QueensburyRules QueensburyRules is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 6,575
Quoted: 2814 Post(s)
Rep Power: 16
QueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 123,741.39
Bank: 1,696.69
Total Points: 125,438.08
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDanHamza View Post
It's that time of year again folks.

This time 10 years ago, the legendary "How many years are there in a decade" was made by Yessir when he was under the impression that the year 2010 was still part of the previous decade.

The poster SUBZER0ED has gone one shade more retarded and seems to think that 2009 was part of the last decade. When of course anyone with a literal brain cell is aware that the last decade began on Jan 1st 2010 and ended on December 31st 2019.

So, the question is; how many years are there in a decade? Are there 11 or 10?
- -Is this the TUE 51-0 cleaning up boxing and Mickey Bey 30x Testosterone decade or a normal decade?
QueensburyRules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 03:42 AM #22
Szef Szef is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 15,058
Quoted: 5810 Post(s)
Rep Power: 105
Szef has a reputation beyond reputeSzef has a reputation beyond reputeSzef has a reputation beyond reputeSzef has a reputation beyond reputeSzef has a reputation beyond reputeSzef has a reputation beyond reputeSzef has a reputation beyond reputeSzef has a reputation beyond reputeSzef has a reputation beyond reputeSzef has a reputation beyond reputeSzef has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 66,305.49
Bank: 104,113.31
Total Points: 170,418.80
No Message - Scott Weiland TO A FUNNY POSTER - jas lol - -jose- No Message - RwK No Message - RwK 
It's not a donut.It's a co.ck ring.For future escapades.Love Hugh.P.S You'll thank me later. - HughJass Merry Xmas bro. - HughJass thanks for the compliment, i am not hilarious, lol, i think things i say are hilarious because they are true, when somebody tries to argue against the truth, it makes my logic even more hilarious because people tend to get so mad over a fact, it caus - Tha_Greatest Happy New Year bro - HughJass Will bring ye luck - Rocky... 
cake from your 5,000th post party - Mike D Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Merry Christmas - TBear Niech Żyje Polska - -Weltschmerz- 
Merry Christmas - TBear For making stupid comments - Mr McDowell garbage poster - steve j Have a Żywiec... - BoxingFan85 "Location: Ancient Egypt." Lmaaaaooooooo - P.K Dionysus 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - 1hourRun 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDanHamza View Post
Right. I am aware what you said.

So to clarify, you think that wins from 2009 should be included for what happened in the last decade?

You know...the decade that started in 2010??!!!
You are both correct

There was no year 0 so the first decade in year 1, ended on December 31 in year 10. So, yeah according to that method sub zero is correct because the last decade started on January first 2001 and ended on December 31 2010.

However some people count decades as if there was year 0 so according to that system you are correct

It is a matter of opinion
Szef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 04:21 AM #23
kushking kushking is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: The Desert,Peoples republic of Commiefornia,The land where insanity is law
Posts: 5,601
Quoted: 4163 Post(s)
Rep Power: 20
kushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 65,639.66
Bank: 183,415.65
Total Points: 249,055.31
Keep up the great work champ! - JK1700 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szef View Post
You are both correct

There was no year 0 so the first decade in year 1, ended on December 31 in year 10. So, yeah according to that method sub zero is correct because the last decade started on January first 2001 and ended on December 31 2010.

However some people count decades as if there was year 0 so according to that system you are correct

It is a matter of opinion
No you are wrong. There is zero debate,the decade started on jan 1 2010 & ended on Dec 31 20019 for a total of 10 yrs exactly.

Last edited by kushking; 01-11-2020 at 05:50 AM.
kushking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 06:09 AM #24
Toffee Toffee is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,951
Quoted: 1015 Post(s)
Rep Power: 5
Toffee has a brilliant futureToffee has a brilliant futureToffee has a brilliant futureToffee has a brilliant futureToffee has a brilliant futureToffee has a brilliant futureToffee has a brilliant futureToffee has a brilliant futureToffee has a brilliant futureToffee has a brilliant futureToffee has a brilliant future
Points: 46,017.79
Bank: 1,590.17
Total Points: 47,607.96
I must defend Eddie LMAO - "red This is Eddie Hearns cock. You love it you slag. - "red 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szef View Post
You are both correct

There was no year 0 so the first decade in year 1, ended on December 31 in year 10. So, yeah according to that method sub zero is correct because the last decade started on January first 2001 and ended on December 31 2010.

However some people count decades as if there was year 0 so according to that system you are correct

It is a matter of opinion
I agree with the principle.

But there wasn't a year 1 either. Nor a year 2. And so on up to about 525.

We made it up as we went along. So if convention says we count these decades from January 1st 2010 etc, then just go with it.
Toffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 01:15 PM #25
IronDanHamza IronDanHamza is offline
BoxingScene Icon
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 38,925
Quoted: 5333 Post(s)
Rep Power: 107
IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 85,805.36
Bank: 1,679.85
Total Points: 87,485.21
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps Your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 ATG Boxingscene Poster - JohnnyRebel Im glad you learned how to use internet Grandpa - Canelo and GGG 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
When counting a span of years, one never starts from the first year, hillbilly. I think we're all done here.
So do you finally understand why 2009 wins shouldn't be included toward your accomplishments from the last decade? Or no?
IronDanHamza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 01:20 PM #26
jreckoning jreckoning is offline
Heavy Costume
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: the ok part of Chicago
Posts: 34,732
Quoted: 2736 Post(s)
Rep Power: 107
jreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 8,049.66
Bank: 42,936.80
Total Points: 50,986.46
good luck in the league, you'll need it - El Mustang For being one helluva poster - Chief2ndzOnly! chi town info - al capone You're one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. Tomasz Adamek: brave ring warrior - Freedom. 
Feliz Navidad - El Mustang just because :kiss: - Bossy For a good treasured friend - jazluvr quik payup gratzie! - `STEELHEAD 49ers/Saints. thanks for your payment, have a beer on me...cheers! - jose830 
Cheers!  Here's to hopefully a great night of boxing! - UglyPug u deserve it - WeEatinBaby ATG poster - sugarsmosley lol atg poster - Mike D Thanks for the stream! - mathed 
Thank you, Happy holidays to you and all those close as well. - TBear Happy Holidays - BOXEO _ For good luck in all your affairs - jazluvr lol I keep trying to send you points but it keeps sending 11.00 - -jose- Happy holidays! - jazluvr 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Left Hook Tua Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - .::WaRCoTTo::. AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr449 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr449 Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Tunney! 
Head and Neck Cancer - -Kevin- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Disposable Arts Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jazluvr Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jazluvr 
Default

LOL. Not this again.

Old classic threads have a way of coming back.

Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
jreckoning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 01:21 PM #27
IronDanHamza IronDanHamza is offline
BoxingScene Icon
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 38,925
Quoted: 5333 Post(s)
Rep Power: 107
IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 85,805.36
Bank: 1,679.85
Total Points: 87,485.21
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps Your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 ATG Boxingscene Poster - JohnnyRebel Im glad you learned how to use internet Grandpa - Canelo and GGG 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szef View Post
You are both correct

There was no year 0 so the first decade in year 1, ended on December 31 in year 10. So, yeah according to that method sub zero is correct because the last decade started on January first 2001 and ended on December 31 2010.

However some people count decades as if there was year 0 so according to that system you are correct

It is a matter of opinion
Except this joker is saying the decade spanned from 2009-2019 which is ELEVEN YEARS!!

So we aren't both correct.
IronDanHamza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 01:29 PM #28
KillaMane26 KillaMane26 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 9,216
Quoted: 2976 Post(s)
Rep Power: 33
KillaMane26 has a reputation beyond reputeKillaMane26 has a reputation beyond reputeKillaMane26 has a reputation beyond reputeKillaMane26 has a reputation beyond reputeKillaMane26 has a reputation beyond reputeKillaMane26 has a reputation beyond reputeKillaMane26 has a reputation beyond reputeKillaMane26 has a reputation beyond reputeKillaMane26 has a reputation beyond reputeKillaMane26 has a reputation beyond reputeKillaMane26 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 98,845.80
Bank: 1,696.69
Total Points: 100,542.49
happy birthday bro cheer da fcuk up and have a beer - -jose- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lparm View Post
in honour of spinal tap iím saying it goes to eleven!
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
KillaMane26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 01:30 PM #29
BoomBapTrap BoomBapTrap is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 1,317
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Rep Power: 3
BoomBapTrap has a brilliant futureBoomBapTrap has a brilliant futureBoomBapTrap has a brilliant futureBoomBapTrap has a brilliant futureBoomBapTrap has a brilliant futureBoomBapTrap has a brilliant futureBoomBapTrap has a brilliant futureBoomBapTrap has a brilliant futureBoomBapTrap has a brilliant futureBoomBapTrap has a brilliant futureBoomBapTrap has a brilliant future
Points: 33,266.14
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 33,266.14
Bottoms up for wilders excuse - HughJass 
Default

00-09 = 10

20-29 = 10
BoomBapTrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 02:19 PM #30
Citizen Koba Citizen Koba is online now
Laughter for the people!
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Stockport
Posts: 11,308
Quoted: 5200 Post(s)
Rep Power: 30
Citizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 63,421.65
Bank: 2,384,652.43
Total Points: 2,448,074.08
No Message - MDPopescu giving gifts to legends - sugarsmosley to wipe the tears when bhop beats kovalev - jas knows his boxing - jas a good poster - jas 
Congrats on the newborn! - -KULT- Happy Father's Day, and congrats! :D - DionysusX Congrats! - MDPopescu Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony Cheers bro - Chollo Vista 
Let's go champ! - HeadBodyBodyBody 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - 1hourRun 
Default

I demand more poll options, man, you're trampling all over my freedom of choice here.
Citizen Koba is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:52 AM.