Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High-Paying Trade Jobs Sit Empty, While High School Grads Line Up For University

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a Bachelors degree, but I'll tell you I definitely did not need for what I am doing now. In fact most jobs people have now you really do not need a college degree.

College should primarily for Doctors, Lawyers, Engineers, Scientists, etc... specified fields of study, and not things like communication.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
      I got a Bachelors degree, but I'll tell you I definitely did not need for what I am doing now. In fact most jobs people have now you really do not need a college degree.

College should primarily for Doctors, Lawyers, Engineers, Scientists, etc... specified fields of study, and not things like communication.
      Bachelors degree seems like the new high school diploma now a days.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
        Sounds kinda like me.

I dropped out of college to focus on my career in high tech, and I'm making a ton more than I'd have made had I finished college as planned.

Hell, I was already making more than people doing the job I was in college to train for when I started the high tech job.

Back to your post, one of my Economics teachers taught us that as a higher percentage of kids went to college in order to be white collar workers, wages for certain blue collar jobs would rise.

It's simple Supply and Demand, and labor is a commodity.
        Exactly... I can go and give my ex UC berrekly professors lectures that the can pass of to young people.... things are changing too fast...

Professors can’t keep up..... it shocked me that people got phd’s on things that are absoloutly wrong... forgive any grammatical errorors... I was speaking Hebrew a few minutes ago....

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
          Exactly... I can go and give my ex UC berrekly professors lectures that the can pass of to young people.... things are changing too fast...

Professors can’t keep up..... it shocked me that people got phd’s on things that are absoloutly wrong... forgive any grammatical errorors... I was speaking Hebrew a few minutes ago....
          You speak the truth.

We have people who are touted as highly "educated", but in reality they have little to no relevant real world knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            Bachelors degree seems like the new high school diploma now a days.
            Not mine... UC Berkeley... EECS... I don’t understand so many social issues... Fourier, Laplace, degrange, forgive my bad spelling but I’ll give lil idiots 3 math questions they mosh probably can’t ever figure out... put me to the test..

Comment

You speak the truth.

We have people who are touted as highly "educated", but in reality they have little to no relevant real world knowledge.
              I think you might like this lecture...

Unfortunately my buddy took a position at Stanford...

https://av.tib.eu/media/15093

Comment

You speak the truth.

Exactly, and we got fools and tools whe respect rappers who plagerize beats and make money... they have known clue...

I probly could rap to common melodies and be called brilliant... stupidity and maybe ignorance go hand in hand.... peace my brother...

We are surrounded with idiots... I’m moving to Israel, I can’t take dealing with prideful azz clowns...

Comment

I’m a master plumber and there’s the good and the bad side to everything, I make decent pay when I’m working but everyday u go to work you’re working yourself out of a job, these contractors don’t give a damn about u, everybody’s stabbing each other in the back to be the last man standing and not get laid off then regardless of what ppl think your skin color is a MF these trades are very racist. If u can hustle or want to hustle on the side you’ll make piles of cash but your body will get broken down eventually if u let them push u like everything’s always behind schedule so u gotta go, go, go. So it’s pros and cons but overall Gods been good to me in this field but I’m looking to get paid from using my brain instead of my back

Comment

I'll be starting a Electricians Trade School next year at 42.

Late to the party.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                      I'll be starting a Electricians Trade School next year at 42.

Late to the party.
                      Thats what im doing now. Be 2 years in june

Comment

Working...
                      X