No announcement yet.

Every Bernard Hopkins win adds to the legacy of Joe Calzaghe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesn't really add to his legacy.

His legacy from a economic perspective has flatlined. It's static.

The Hopkins win is almost forgettable as he hasn't done anything noteworthy in there besides doing the doggystyle hump. He slapped his way into a split decision victory, getting knocked down in the process.

Aesthetically, B-Hop won the fight by walking out with less facial damage than Joe. And it didn't help matters to end your career by retiring on a Roy Jones victory while others were using him as a stepping stone to other fights right after.

Comment

No one outside of the U.K. considers Calzaghe good let alone great.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
        Clinton Mitchell laid the blueprint on how to beat Hopkins in his first ever fight.

Every win by Hopkins, Roy Jones, Calzaghe, Chad Dawson and Jermain Taylor add to the legacy of Clinton Mitchell.
        I would add that Robert Fredericks destroyed Clinton Mitchell.

Every win by Mitchell, Hopkins, Roy Jones, Calzaghe, Chad Dawson and Jermain Taylor add to the legacy of Robert Fredericks.

Comment

Roy Jones Jr. whooped Hopkins like no one else in Bernard's history.

RJJ

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Very true.

Jermain Taylor is a bonafide ATG.

Everytime Hopkins wins it adds to his legacy.

Seriously Freedom do you think before you post or do you just type the first thing that comes to your head and hit the post button?
            I just wonder how being knocked down and made to look like complete trash in a fight is a defining moment of your legacy, especially when Dawson and Taylor arguably did better than you at this one task.

Just cling to the Kessler win like you all used....you know, before a young Andre Ward undressed him.

Comment

It's hard not to like Calzaghe just because of how angry his name makes american hood rats

Reminds me of when I walk into the slimiest ghettos in my Prada suit and walk out with all the booty clapping hoez. All the guys can do is give me angry jealous glares because they know my fists are iron. Now this gentrification has spread into boxing.

You there, in the baggy pantaloons, I was informed there would be horderves.
              Last edited by Fr3$h; 04-20-2014, 12:49 AM.

Comment

WAR Calzaghe! A certified ATG, severely underrated on BoxingScene.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014
                  The haters will never give Joe the slightest credit.
                  **** Joe Calzaghe. He never sought greatness, so stop bestowing it upon him.

He was a fantastic, talented boxer who could have given us many awesome fights but he had a clear, defined path where he would rack up a string of defences against average opponents. He took one risk against Kessler, which paid off. He was also a heavy favourite for the Hopkins fight, but looked like **** in a fight so bad that no-one deserved to win.

Calzaghe's career is what it is. He made good money, he kept his "0", and I doubt he gives a **** that internet nerds think he ducked a lot of good fights. He doesn't deserve people propping up his legacy. He didn't care about it, so why should we?

Comment

Very true.

Seriously Freedom do you think before you post or do you just type the first thing that comes to your head and hit the post button?
                    This was hilarious.

Comment

Why's that?

Does Calzaghe get credit for all the fighters Hopkins beats?
                      I expected you'd be the first to post in this thread, being as you're a notorious Calzaghe hater who always refused to give him any credit.

Very true.

Originally posted by Jcsuper View Post
                      Every Bernard Hopkins win adds to the legacy of Jermain Taylor
                      Jermain Taylor is one of the most underrated boxers of the past 2500 years.

He's the bona fide GOAT
                      Difference is, Taylor was knocked out by Pavlik, who Hopkins dominated.

Joe was never stopped and retired undefeated.

Comment

Working...
                      X