Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 08-13-2010, 06:29 PM #1
Contender

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
LIGHTYEAR has a reputation beyond reputeLIGHTYEAR has a reputation beyond reputeLIGHTYEAR has a reputation beyond reputeLIGHTYEAR has a reputation beyond reputeLIGHTYEAR has a reputation beyond reputeLIGHTYEAR has a reputation beyond reputeLIGHTYEAR has a reputation beyond reputeLIGHTYEAR has a reputation beyond reputeLIGHTYEAR has a reputation beyond reputeLIGHTYEAR has a reputation beyond reputeLIGHTYEAR has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,000.00
Total Points: 6,173.00
Default Berto vs Kotelnik: Don King HBO

Effusive King: Waiting on Boss With Hot Sauce, Mayweather; Kotelnik feens for Berto

* August 13th, 2010 6:05 pm

Among other things, Donald King and Floyd Joy Mayweather Jr. share a fascination with stacks of cash
Photo: Getty Images

Don King likes to tell people that, to have a successful restaurant, a proprietor can't just rely on servinf up mouthwatering cutrs of steak, no matter how tender or juicy.

“That don't cut it,” King often barks. “You've got to serve up a sizzling, tasty steak and then you've got to pour some love on top.

“You've got to put some comeback sauce on top of the steak so the customers can't help but keep coming back over and over.”

Which reminds me, in speaking to King just minutes ago, he referred to promotional free agent loyd Mayweather Jr. by a nickname I had never heard applied to him.

“Floyd, I call him the Boss With The Hot Sauce,” King said from his South Florida home. “I am getting ready to call Floyd right now to see what time he is coming in here.”\

King said he never asks Mayweather if he is disgruntled with adviser Al Haymon and/or promoter without a contract, Golden Boy.

“I don't have to ask Floyd about that because, if everything was good, he wouldn't keep coming back to see me. I love having dinner with Floyd”

Just a few weeks ago, Mayweather posted a photo of a 20 pound, $500 lobster he and King inspected at a Boca Raton restaurant.

While he awaits Mayweather's return, King offered up some breaking boxing news.

With his 79th birthday just a week away, King was totally charged up and enthusiastic about his last show and future cards.

King said that he and Lou DiBella have made a verbal agreement for a fight between rugged Andriy Kotelnik, coming off a close but impressive defeat at the hands of Devon Alexander, and undefeated Andre Berto.

“I just spoke to HBO. Kotelnik can be ready for November, no problem,” King said. “I'm keeping the kid here, keeping him at my training camp in Ohio. He trained there to fight Devon. That was a great fight last Saturday night in St. Louis but Devon won it.”

I asked King if he was sure Kotelnik would be ready so soon after going 12 hard rounds with the unbeaten Alexander.

“Hell, yes, we want that Berto fight,” King said.

“With Gary Shaw, we're making Devon against Tim Bradley for Jan. 29 so maybe HBO will want to see the winners of Kotelnik-Berto and Bradley-Alexander fight next year.”

King remains puffed up about the Missouri show which attracted nearly 10,000 fans at the Scottstrade Center.

“Even the knockout of Cory Spinks (by Cornelius K9 Brundiage was a good fight,” King said. “We had four championship fights and the turnout was good. You have a good mix of white and black fans and usually it's the white fans who get the best, higher priced seats but we got the whole area behind us.

“I spent a week in St. Louis and we worked hard, the oldtime promotional way. We had great support from Sen. McCaskill and from Gov. Brewer. We had community unity.”

That's a bit different than the unity he seeks with Mayweather, AKA the “Boss With The Hot Sauce.”

King also is greasing the HBO wheels for a possible Ricardo Mayorga-Sergiy Dziniriuk middleweight title bout.

"People don't believe Mayorga will get back in the ring but I'll put him in training camp, in isolation, as well."

But, make no mistake, King is cooking again, cooking with gas.

Larry Holmes was right, you can't cook with cold grease, y'all.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

Micheal Marley
LIGHTYEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:33 PM #2
The Darkest Timeline...

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Evil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,000.00
Total Points: 30,510.00
have a beer - -MAKAVELLI- Some fruit for a stalwart of this magnificent craft. - Robin Hood One ring to rule em all... - -KULT- even phantom need to eat.. - -KULT- some more food.. - -KULT- 
Happy beerday bro - Talisayen Feliz Cumpleanos - MANIAC310 happy birthday homie - hhs661 happy bday bro - chiguy91 Thanks. I can't sent you green. - Carpe Diem 
merry x-mas! - chiguy91 you're the reason i dont need to check twitter lol - -MAKAVELLI- One of NSBs best - BostonGuy 20k - MELLY-MEL... Beer on the house on your 20k post... - jose830 
i enjoy your posts mate, grats on 20k - Alx. To 20k more - Sweet Pea 50 Here's one on me. Congrats! - Led® your posts are always hilarious and entertaining - Alx. Pretend it's Hopkins, phaggot. - T.B.E. 48-0 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - ThePhantom5 Childhood Cancer - ThePhantom5 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -KULT- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -KULT- Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 

Aw hell to the no.
Evil Abed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:38 PM #3
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
onechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,005.00
Total Points: 19,980.00
up your as* puto - Ogecca MaMa you need more gifts, have a beer - sugarsmosley 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa 

What the **** berto.He can fight bailey,jones,Aydin,angulo.But chooses
Kotelnik?I hope kotlnik knocks his ass out.
onechance87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:39 PM #4
Quintessence

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Heru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,846.82
Total Points: 25,008.86
Keep up your posting - J. HITTER bottoms up - gancho_al_igado Badass poster - Stone Roses! For supporting Palestine - Stone Roses! Have another Champ - Stone Roses! 
a bribe to get you in the thunderdome and post homie, lol, nyahahahahahaha c u soon homie, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest give it to guzman's fat ass - Dick Buffman Give some of this to Guzman - Dick Buffman for Guzman's beer gut - INSECT merry xmas - Subtraction 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Mangler Jewnior World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Dick Buffman 

Man, if this is true, I'm emailing HBO and telling them I will boycott (networks/companies hate that and actually listen sometimes) if they make the fight.

Enough soft touches for Berto on HBO. Jones, Williams, Mosley, Cotto, or Angulo or **** off.
Heru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:40 PM #5
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
onechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,005.00
Total Points: 19,980.00
up your as* puto - Ogecca MaMa you need more gifts, have a beer - sugarsmosley 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa 

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUELOQUE View Post
Man, if this is true, I'm emailing HBO and telling them I will boycott (networks/companies hate that and actually listen sometimes) if they make the fight.

Enough soft touches for Berto on HBO. Jones, Williams, Mosley, Cotto, or Angulo or **** off.
I agree bro.
onechance87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:43 PM #6
Deleted

Quoted: 2527 Post(s)
Dirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,184.80
Total Points: 58,880.80
No Message - jazluvr have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Because you're delusional - Boxing Goat Khan's Army - Box-Office 
Maybe this is bigger than collazo!Enjoy it! - fundicao For your mouth. - Scott.Weiland For owning American posters - jas kick this retarded cretin - Rammstein For exposing bias ignorant racists like BD - hectari 
Good broner thread - jas Kick this retard. - -Weltschmerz- Cant green you. But heres a beer....cunt :lol1: - -MEGA- No Message - Scott-Weiland "Cotto must give great head. They don't call him Kneeguel for nothing." Holy fucking shit. LOL!!! - SlySlickSmooth 
Welcome back - 1lparm Aww god loves a tryer - Salim_Shady If GGG was half black like DeGale/Ward/Brook, he would be your #1 favorite fighter. True or false? - Cruisin' Big hairy Russians stole your girlfriend - Cruisin' Buy some lube before you put this limited edition Ward dildo in your @ss queer - Krusher P4P #1 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jas Gay and Lesbian Pride - KOVALBOXER 

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUELOQUE View Post

Soft touch? Kotelnik just easily outboxed Alexander. I know hes not a 147lber but I think he could give Berto trouble. Could be worse.
Dirk Diggler UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:45 PM #7
Fair but Firm

Quoted: 4377 Post(s)
IMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,283.23
Total Points: 67,151.16
for knowing your stuff! - natas206 thanks for the info. - TRUTH For that homerun of a post, bud. - Sweet Pea 50 An apple for one of BoxingScene's most knowledgeable posters - danc1984 BOOM - Fiend 
Excellent poster - ADDICT MOH. For continously educating NSB. - BattlingNelson been a while mate! - Tamis_Siensya No Message - WESS To a poster I have a lot of respect for. Cheers, bud. - Mike D 
Firm but fair...like it says under his name. World level poster and good dude. - Mike D No Message - __________ 

Berto might as well move down in weight.
IMDAZED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:46 PM #8
Trading Block Tycoon

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
-EX- has a reputation beyond repute-EX- has a reputation beyond repute-EX- has a reputation beyond repute-EX- has a reputation beyond repute-EX- has a reputation beyond repute-EX- has a reputation beyond repute-EX- has a reputation beyond repute-EX- has a reputation beyond repute-EX- has a reputation beyond repute-EX- has a reputation beyond repute-EX- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,328.82
Total Points: 32,582.09
Thx man, i'm out of k for you but this will do, points will follow! - Tu Pai Earned yourself a nice cold one. Always comin thru in the clutch haha thanks homey - Natedatpkid King of Trading Block! - Tu Pai for the man of the downloads thread.... - BritishBoxing92 Upload Lord! - The Surgeon 
you really are the king of the trading block! - Tha Executioner Thanks a ton for always providing the links! - chiguy91 thanks once again bro! - chiguy91 King of the Trading Block - Toney Loc For the Movies - garryx2013 
No Message - EdMon917 No Message - EdMon917 Thanks for the uploads bro! - komodo couldn't green you atm, thanks again. - chiguy91 thnx for upload - Teddy Brenner 
For all your contributions to the trading block. You are a fucking legend! - Smelly Panda All hail to the King! - Smelly Panda thanks for the Soto Karass-Berto video - Freedom2013 Thanks for the HD Videos - Ragnarok Long live a king of the Trading Block. - PittyPat 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - deliveryman Childhood Cancer - hishaam15 Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - -Ash- Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - garryx2013 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - komodo 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - chiguy91 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - chiguy91 

Smh if Berto makes this move...

Plenty of names at 147...or 154
-EX- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:47 PM #9
Banned

King Koopa has a reputation beyond reputeKing Koopa has a reputation beyond reputeKing Koopa has a reputation beyond reputeKing Koopa has a reputation beyond reputeKing Koopa has a reputation beyond reputeKing Koopa has a reputation beyond reputeKing Koopa has a reputation beyond reputeKing Koopa has a reputation beyond reputeKing Koopa has a reputation beyond reputeKing Koopa has a reputation beyond reputeKing Koopa has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,990.00

Hmmm...

If Kotelnik can carry his same skill set up to welter it could be competitive fight. I don't see any knockouts occurring, but Berto winning a comfortable 116-112 decision

However...

Welterweight may be too much for a fighter who's never fought over 140, and if this is the case then, Berto wins 118-110 at the closest, maybe even a shut-out

Either way, not a winnable fight IMO for Kotelnik
King Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:48 PM #10
Banned

mushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 8,799.00
sit on that you cunt - project xxx1 I know you need it - kyshenko team Add this to your collection - led you deserve a kick for being so stupid - Freedom. stop being racist - Freedom. 
you can pretend it's Floyd - Freedom. You'll need it for Chavez Jr - vacon04 ownage of a pactard - I'm so sorry love your style of posting, keep it up - Primera Pretend its Chavez Jr and sit on it. - Sir. Afiln 
No Message - whoseyourdaddy p4p best chavez jr fan - Perro For the 15th to dry your tears - dan_cov For Chavez Jr when you visit him in hospital - dan_cov 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mathed Gay and Lesbian Pride - kyshenko team Gay and Lesbian Pride - MANIAC310 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTYEAR View Post
Effusive King: Waiting on Boss With Hot Sauce, Mayweather; Kotelnik feens for Berto

* August 13th, 2010 6:05 pm

Among other things, Donald King and Floyd Joy Mayweather Jr. share a fascination with stacks of cash
Photo: Getty Images

Don King likes to tell people that, to have a successful restaurant, a proprietor can't just rely on servinf up mouthwatering cutrs of steak, no matter how tender or juicy.

“That don't cut it,” King often barks. “You've got to serve up a sizzling, tasty steak and then you've got to pour some love on top.

“You've got to put some comeback sauce on top of the steak so the customers can't help but keep coming back over and over.”

Which reminds me, in speaking to King just minutes ago, he referred to promotional free agent loyd Mayweather Jr. by a nickname I had never heard applied to him.

“Floyd, I call him the Boss With The Hot Sauce,” King said from his South Florida home. “I am getting ready to call Floyd right now to see what time he is coming in here.”\

King said he never asks Mayweather if he is disgruntled with adviser Al Haymon and/or promoter without a contract, Golden Boy.

“I don't have to ask Floyd about that because, if everything was good, he wouldn't keep coming back to see me. I love having dinner with Floyd”

Just a few weeks ago, Mayweather posted a photo of a 20 pound, $500 lobster he and King inspected at a Boca Raton restaurant.

While he awaits Mayweather's return, King offered up some breaking boxing news.

With his 79th birthday just a week away, King was totally charged up and enthusiastic about his last show and future cards.

King said that he and Lou DiBella have made a verbal agreement for a fight between rugged Andriy Kotelnik, coming off a close but impressive defeat at the hands of Devon Alexander, and undefeated Andre Berto.

“I just spoke to HBO. Kotelnik can be ready for November, no problem,” King said. “I'm keeping the kid here, keeping him at my training camp in Ohio. He trained there to fight Devon. That was a great fight last Saturday night in St. Louis but Devon won it.”

I asked King if he was sure Kotelnik would be ready so soon after going 12 hard rounds with the unbeaten Alexander.

“Hell, yes, we want that Berto fight,” King said.

“With Gary Shaw, we're making Devon against Tim Bradley for Jan. 29 so maybe HBO will want to see the winners of Kotelnik-Berto and Bradley-Alexander fight next year.”

King remains puffed up about the Missouri show which attracted nearly 10,000 fans at the Scottstrade Center.

“Even the knockout of Cory Spinks (by Cornelius K9 Brundiage was a good fight,” King said. “We had four championship fights and the turnout was good. You have a good mix of white and black fans and usually it's the white fans who get the best, higher priced seats but we got the whole area behind us.

“I spent a week in St. Louis and we worked hard, the oldtime promotional way. We had great support from Sen. McCaskill and from Gov. Brewer. We had community unity.”

That's a bit different than the unity he seeks with Mayweather, AKA the “Boss With The Hot Sauce.”

King also is greasing the HBO wheels for a possible Ricardo Mayorga-Sergiy Dziniriuk middleweight title bout.

"People don't believe Mayorga will get back in the ring but I'll put him in training camp, in isolation, as well."

But, make no mistake, King is cooking again, cooking with gas.

Larry Holmes was right, you can't cook with cold grease, y'all.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

Micheal Marley
Kotelnik claims to be 5'7 1/2 ya right.
mushahadeen is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
berto, king, kotelnik: