Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 01-07-2009, 10:23 AM #11
Observer

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Abstraction has a reputation beyond reputeAbstraction has a reputation beyond reputeAbstraction has a reputation beyond reputeAbstraction has a reputation beyond reputeAbstraction has a reputation beyond reputeAbstraction has a reputation beyond reputeAbstraction has a reputation beyond reputeAbstraction has a reputation beyond reputeAbstraction has a reputation beyond reputeAbstraction has a reputation beyond reputeAbstraction has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,005.00
Total Points: 8,486.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerhiem View Post
Rubbish, he was massive favourite against Calzaghe, in the press , amoungst fans, most clued up boxing writers and experts where touting early KO's for Lacy, Ring had him borderline top 10 P4P.

Stop rewriting history.
Oh my word, Jeff Lacy was the underdog. He said so himself at a London press conference when everybody were writing him off.

BTW, the "Ring boderline top 10 P4P" is nothing to write home about son.
Abstraction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:24 AM #12
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The Great Shark has disabled reputation
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 4,018.00
I love fish. - elchinoloco School of Fish - Plutö School of Fish. - Plutö ARMY of fish! - Plutö ARMY of fish! - Plutö 
ARMY of fish! - Plutö Put him in your fish tank! - -Ash- 
Hepatitis C - -Ash- 

He's fine. He walked it off, just need to put in some work now.
The Great Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:36 AM #13
Banned

Squabbles94806 has a reputation beyond reputeSquabbles94806 has a reputation beyond reputeSquabbles94806 has a reputation beyond reputeSquabbles94806 has a reputation beyond reputeSquabbles94806 has a reputation beyond reputeSquabbles94806 has a reputation beyond reputeSquabbles94806 has a reputation beyond reputeSquabbles94806 has a reputation beyond reputeSquabbles94806 has a reputation beyond reputeSquabbles94806 has a reputation beyond reputeSquabbles94806 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 2,883.00

Jeff Lacy didn't ruin Jeff Lacy, Joe Calzaghe did that. I never really saw that fight from beginning to end, but Calzaghe fcukin scrapped "Left Hook".

It's unfortunate Lacy had to go out like that. I think the boxing world will give him one more chance to stay at the prize fighter status. I don't know who he's opponent would be. I say Brian Vera.
Squabbles94806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:39 AM #14
Undisputed Champion

hammerhiem has a reputation beyond reputehammerhiem has a reputation beyond reputehammerhiem has a reputation beyond reputehammerhiem has a reputation beyond reputehammerhiem has a reputation beyond reputehammerhiem has a reputation beyond reputehammerhiem has a reputation beyond reputehammerhiem has a reputation beyond reputehammerhiem has a reputation beyond reputehammerhiem has a reputation beyond reputehammerhiem has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,000.00
Total Points: 11,163.00
Top guy. - S a m u r a i 

Quote:
Originally Posted by minion View Post
Oh my word, Jeff Lacy was the underdog. He said so himself at a London press conference when everybody were writing him off.

BTW, the "Ring boderline top 10 P4P" is nothing to write home about son.
Lacy was even favourite in the UK.

Quote:
Joe Calzaghe is the 11/10 underdog in the battle of the unbeaten boxers this weekend with William Hill who make his opponent, American, Jeff Lacy 4/6 favourite with the draw at 20/1.
[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

Lacy: 11 Calzaghe: 2

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=3266

Lacy: 20 Calzaghe: 7

I challenge you to find a single site that had Calzaghe as favourite, all the one I have ever read had the majority of people saying Lacy by Ko.

Try reading this thread for a history of predictions for the fight in NSB

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...=Lacy+Calzaghe

Last edited by hammerhiem; 01-07-2009 at 10:43 AM.
hammerhiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:51 AM #15
Undisputed Champion

SHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,015.08
Total Points: 8,086.16

Some beatings you just don't recover from. Physically yes, but boxing is largely mental and he's mentally shot. That was as demoralising a beatdown as I've seen in the last decade.

Damn shame really.
SHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:52 AM #16
Interim Champion

Mayfeather has a reputation beyond reputeMayfeather has a reputation beyond reputeMayfeather has a reputation beyond reputeMayfeather has a reputation beyond reputeMayfeather has a reputation beyond reputeMayfeather has a reputation beyond reputeMayfeather has a reputation beyond reputeMayfeather has a reputation beyond reputeMayfeather has a reputation beyond reputeMayfeather has a reputation beyond reputeMayfeather has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 7,021.00

Calzaghe ruined Lacy
Mayfeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:55 AM #17
Banned

weekender101 is a splendid one to beholdweekender101 is a splendid one to beholdweekender101 is a splendid one to beholdweekender101 is a splendid one to beholdweekender101 is a splendid one to beholdweekender101 is a splendid one to beholdweekender101 is a splendid one to beholdweekender101 is a splendid one to behold
Total Points: 456.00

with the bookies at least, JL was the favourite against JC. That’s a fact.

I thought he'd win too. Was sorely proven wrong there.

I do, however believe time has shown him not to be as good as the hype in 2005 suggested.

IMO, however, his injury has seriously hampered him (I had to switch off after 5 rounds against PMF, a contender for worst fight of 2007)

Oh, and the "I'm retired" then 24 hours later "I'm out of retirement" thing only showed me that his heart is less than up for it these days

In a nutshell, I certainly don’t think JL is as bad as JC made him look, but on the other hand I also don’t believe JC is as good as JL made him look.

I think his time in the sport is all but over now
weekender101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:44 AM #18
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
nathan_nall has a reputation beyond reputenathan_nall has a reputation beyond reputenathan_nall has a reputation beyond reputenathan_nall has a reputation beyond reputenathan_nall has a reputation beyond reputenathan_nall has a reputation beyond reputenathan_nall has a reputation beyond reputenathan_nall has a reputation beyond reputenathan_nall has a reputation beyond reputenathan_nall has a reputation beyond reputenathan_nall has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,115.97
Total Points: 8,253.06

Media hype and message board buzz can make us see a totally different fighter than is actually in front of us. A lot of people say that they never saw world class talent in Lacy, but I thought I did. Maybe I was just caught up in the hype. I can look at fighters now, like Berto for a prime example, who have a lot of media sources pushing them on us as the "next big thing". Berto is a nice enough guy, but when he FINALLY steps up.. he's gonna get blasted!

Maybe Lacy never was world class. If I go back and watch his old fights now, I'll be just as biased as I was before... only on the opposite side of the poles. Whats clear to me, is that he hasn't fallen as much as people think. I don't think he's completely shot. I just don't know that he has the substance to hang in there with the Butes, Frochs, Taylors, and Kesslers at the top.
nathan_nall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:40 PM #19
El Boxeador Cubano

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
dchampishere has a reputation beyond reputedchampishere has a reputation beyond reputedchampishere has a reputation beyond reputedchampishere has a reputation beyond reputedchampishere has a reputation beyond reputedchampishere has a reputation beyond reputedchampishere has a reputation beyond reputedchampishere has a reputation beyond reputedchampishere has a reputation beyond reputedchampishere has a reputation beyond reputedchampishere has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 6,791.00
No Message - dchampishere No Message - dchampishere No Message - dchampishere No Message - dchampishere No Message - dchampishere 
No Message - dchampishere No Message - U_TALKING_2_ME? No Message - U_TALKING_2_ME? No Message - U_TALKING_2_ME? 

wait a min, are you guys serious? overrated?? wtf, i'm assuming must of you guys never been i a fight let alone a boxing ring with someone who is training to knock you the f**k out. look at his am record and what he did as a pro. the reality is he is human and you only have so many fights in you cuase this is the killing sport. some can fight longer than others at the top of their game but the body can only take so much punishment, and he just reached his limit thats all. but overrated come on, you saw with your own eyes his talent
dchampishere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:15 PM #20
Undisputed Champion

hookoutofhell has a reputation beyond reputehookoutofhell has a reputation beyond reputehookoutofhell has a reputation beyond reputehookoutofhell has a reputation beyond reputehookoutofhell has a reputation beyond reputehookoutofhell has a reputation beyond reputehookoutofhell has a reputation beyond reputehookoutofhell has a reputation beyond reputehookoutofhell has a reputation beyond reputehookoutofhell has a reputation beyond reputehookoutofhell has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 9,101.00
Because real men eat roast beef sandwiches for breakfast. - Mighty_Windir 

lacy always was a talneted fighter, he is tougher than he is given credit for, has a sound chin, good athleticm, a good straight right and knows how to finish off a guy. but lacy was never well managed he should have fought good fighters with good skills long before he stepped into the ring with JC.

having a fight with someone like mundine or even kessler (both are good skillful boxers)would have been more beneficial forhim than fighting fighters who were past their prime.

agree with one of the posters abve who said that JL is not as bad as JC made him look but on the other hand JC is not as good as JL made him look.
hookoutofhell is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
himself??, jeff, lacy, ruin