No announcement yet.

Nas Offered Def Jam Presidency

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nas Offered Def Jam Presidency

"Yes and no," Nas said about being offered the presidency. "I don't know what's in store for the future. I'm happy to do whatever makes sense. I would love to add on and help hip-hop, I feel Def Jam is a great label for hip-hop music but I feel they could be doing a lot more for hip-hop, that's what it's about. Obviously people they have, have their own agendas and own direction and I respect that too. I think I can add on but I don't know, at this point and time, I'm just taking it day-by-day, I'm not getting too caught up into all of that."Source

Everyone has been offered the job at some point **** I think got asked a few times myself.

Comment

should bring back face, give him a budget and watch him turn things around. look at the artists he signed to def jam south(when it was around) and the artists he wanted to sign but wasnt given the opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by The Fix View Post
        should bring back face, give him a budget and watch him turn things around. look at the artists he signed to def jam south(when it was around) and the artists he wanted to sign but wasnt given the opportunity.
        Who were they?

He should take the job. Nas could really put himself in a position to embarrass Jay-Z. By bringing hip hop back to the forefront of the label, where all Jay did was allow it to fail, he wins.

Jay fans will find solace in the fact that he had it first, but if Nas does it how it's suppose to, he's gonna get more rappers and fans on his side.
        Last edited by Heru; 11-09-2009, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Nas definitely needs to bring Def Jam back. Def Jam use to be the ****! Look at all the rappers from Def Jam Vendetta. Back when DMX ran **** and you had Red & Meth as big boys in the company. Now you never hear anything about Def Jam except the Icon video game that came out years ago with a bunch of rappers that aren't even Def Jam. Bring em back Nas!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
            Nas definitely needs to bring Def Jam back. Def Jam use to be the ****! Look at all the rappers from Def Jam Vendetta. Back when DMX ran **** and you had Red & Meth as big boys in the company. Now you never hear anything about Def Jam except the Icon video game that came out years ago with a bunch of rappers that aren't even Def Jam. Bring em back Nas!!!
            lol. Def Jams glory days were well before the vendetta days, and DMX. they were making money but I'm talking about real hip -hop classic ish.

Comment

I could see Nas doing a great job in that position. but he would need to stop smoking weed or atleast not do it as much.

Comment

Working...
              X