Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oscar Valdez ready to go up in weight,BUT.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oscar Valdez ready to go up in weight,BUT.....

Oscar Valdez ready to go up in weight, but willing to stay at featherweight for big matchups.

read more here: http://https://www.espn.com/boxing/s...t-big-matchups

Valdez Vs Herring sounds weird but it's pretty realistic lol. Herring is about twice his size

Comment

Id personally love to see Valdez and Berchelt @ 130lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
        Valdez Vs Herring sounds weird but it's pretty realistic lol. Herring is about twice his size
        I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing101_ View Post
          Id personally love to see Valdez and Berchelt @ 130lbs.
          That’d be a great matchup. I’d take Berchelt in a war.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
            That’d be a great matchup. I’d take Berchelt in a war.
            Eddie Reynosa has been doing a great job with Valdez,he looked impressive in his last title defence, alot like a smaller canelo lol. He often leads with the left hook, He like to set up the right hand to the body with a stiff jab, and has been countering to the body with the left hook and uppercut nicely. Since training with Eddie he has gotten alot more patient and his defense has tightened up a bit.

Berchelt is probably one of my favorite fighters right now, and Id love to him to start taking on bigger names himself. Berchelt has never been known to have one punch knockout power but he has indeed been known to have pop on his punches. He posses a nice stiff jab and is better fighting at range setting up his combinations. He uses a variety of punches from both close range and while fighting at range. What I do feel he needs to work on is his defence, He sometimes gets carried away and will trade with you, which he has has some success with but exposes himself and his chin way to much in my opinion.

Both Valdez and Berchelt has great stamina, both fighters have relatively good chins but they've both touched the canvas before in their professional careers. Overall Berchelt would be the favorite due to equal skill level but more size and power.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing101_ View Post
              Eddie Reynosa has been doing a great job with Valdez,he looked impressive in his last title defence, alot like a smaller canelo lol. He often leads with the left hook, He like to set up the right hand to the body with a stiff jab, and has been countering to the body with the left hook and uppercut nicely. Since training with Eddie he has gotten alot more patient and his defense has tightened up a bit.

Berchelt is probably one of my favorite fighters right now, and Id love to him to start taking on bigger names himself. Berchelt has never been known to have one punch knockout power but he has indeed been known to have pop on his punches. He posses a nice stiff jab and is better fighting at range setting up his combinations. He uses a variety of punches from both close range and while fighting at range. What I do feel he needs to work on is his defence, He sometimes gets carried away and will trade with you, which he has has some success with but exposes himself and his chin way to much in my opinion.

Both Valdez and Berchelt has great stamina, both fighters have relatively good chins but they've both touched the canvas before in their professional careers. Overall Berchelt would be the favorite due to equal skill level but more size and power.
              Yeah it’s a great matchup and stylistically, would inevitably be an action fight.

Valdez maybe better technically but Berchelt is a very solid fighter and his advantages in size and power would be the deciding factor IMO.

Comment

Working...
              X