Andre Dirrell vs Gennady Golovkin??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
    Dirrell is done.

DeGale is no puncher and he made Dirrell hit the floor like a ton of bricks. Golovkin would body bag what remains of Dirrell.
    Supposedly, Caparello knocked him down yesterday. Getting knocked down in consecutive fights by non-punchers is a bad sign.

Comment

Dirrell gonna jump out of the ring and run to uncle Al.

Comment

Dirrell runs around the ring and GGG walks him down. Then the slicks cry their eyes out for weeks, using whatever excuses they can to minimize the win.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
          Dirrell runs around the ring and GGG walks him down. Then the slicks cry their eyes out for weeks, using whatever excuses they can to minimize the win.
          When exactly (let alone this OP) Dirrell expressed any wish to fight GGG?

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            There it is for you. Dirrell didn't beat the brakes off anybody. HE LOST TO GENNADY GOLOVKIN. But that's what losers like Direll do. They lose. I know you love black American boxers and hate everybody else but damn, try to get your facts straight.
            ... tongue in cheek some?
            ... I like Crawford, Bradley, Spence, Porter... Charlos... I respect the work of Jacobs (who beat cancer) and Wilder (also because his little sick girl)...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              When exactly (let alone this OP) Dirrell expressed any wish to fight GGG?
              At no time that I'm aware of.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                Supposedly, Caparello knocked him down yesterday. Getting knocked down in consecutive fights by non-punchers is a bad sign.
                Kovalev was also knocked down by Caparello.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  ... tongue in cheek some?
                  ... I like Crawford, Bradley, Spence, Porter... Charlos... I respect the work of Jacobs (who beat cancer) and Wilder (also because his little sick girl)...
                  Check the sig homie. Time to pay up.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
                    Kovalev was also knocked down by Caparello.
                    That is definitely true, but he wasn't knocked down by Pascal or B-Hop. Was Andre's KD due more to being off-balance/out of position? Southpaws aren't used to fighting other southpaws so weird stuff can happen. If he got up and dominated the fight, then he probably wasn't hurt. It took him some rounds to get back in the DeGale fight after the KD.

If he gets KD in his next bout by a non-puncher, then there's clearly a trend.
                    Last edited by kiaba360; 04-30-2016, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Edited the thread title - let's at least try to have some sensible discussion in here.

Andre Dirrell was not impressive last night, however much of the blame could be on Camperillo. Camp made it an ugly fight with his dismal punch output, excessive holding and defensive mindset.

That said, I think Dirrell didn't fight the smartest fight he could. He frequently smothered his opponent and in doing so, minimized his own offense.

Comment

Working...
                      X