Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the best young heavyweight contender?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilder is the most proven so far. Fury just behind, but some of his wins have left more questions than answers.

Joshua will end up the best of the lot imo. Outside Wlad hes the most physically intimidating heavyweight on the planet. Most of his opponents so far have looked like they were trying to escape the ring before they git stopped.

Parker is a sick fighter, cant wait till he steps up. He's arguably more fluid and skillfull than Joshua, but doesnt have the same physical attributes. Big fight down the road.

Hughie Fury i dont see being that great. Defensively hes pretty sound and he seems like he has good footwork, but his accuracy is terrible. Against Rudenko he barely landed a clean punch despite dominating the fight. Probably reach world level, hes still very young so maybe he can improve.

Im really excited for the next gen of HW's. Maybe individually they will not be as good as Wlad, but I can see a lot of exciting fights. You can throw a rejuvenated Povetkin and Jennings into the mix too.

Comment

I would say Keith "machine gun" Tapia but he's a prospect still, yet a real talented and fast for a heavyweight with great footwork...
      Last edited by PrBoxing88; 06-01-2015, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
        Wilder is the most proven so far. Fury just behind, but some of his wins have left more questions than answers.

Joshua will end up the best of the lot imo. Outside Wlad hes the most physically intimidating heavyweight on the planet. Most of his opponents so far have looked like they were trying to escape the ring before they git stopped.

Parker is a sick fighter, cant wait till he steps up. He's arguably more fluid and skilful than Joshua, but doesnt have the same physical attributes. Big fight down the road.

Hughie Fury i dont see being that great. Defensively hes pretty sound and he seems like he has good footwork, but his accuracy is terrible. Against Rudenko he barely landed a clean punch despite dominating the fight. Probably reach world level, hes still very young so maybe he can improve.

Im really excited for the next gen of HW's. Maybe individually they will not be as good as Wlad, but I can see a lot of exciting fights. You can throw a rejuvenated Povetkin and Jennings into the mix too.
        Yes, that's one thing we can all agree on: there's the potential for some interesting HW matchups during the next few years.

Comment

I really like Wilder and Joshua. I love Wilder's combination of speed and power and Joshua's a very nice, powerful young fighter. I think that fight for the undisputed title would be a blockbuster.

I also really like Parker. Nice size, good skills. Could go far.

I'm not really sold on Fury. He's a huge man but doesn't seem to have much power at all. And in the HW division that's a rather large liability.

I too am looking forward to the future of the division.

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
            He holds the exact same belt that Vitali Klitschko held. Were you saying the same thing when Vitali Klitschko held the belt?
            Most would agree, Deontay's a paper titleholder.

Vitali was considered clearly the #1 contender by virtually everybody, but not the champion.

Wilder is not ranked the #1 contender by BoxRec, The Ring and most others.

Comment

It's close but I'll go with Tyson Fury.

Comment

I'd say Joshua. Early days for him still though.

Comment

Parker, mainly because he has fought better opposition at a younger age than Joshua..

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    I'd say Joshua. Early days for him still though.
                    Do you think he can beat chicken legs?

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                      Do you think he can beat chicken legs?
                      A bit early to tell isn't it? Joshua just looks real good and has done everything asked of him in impressive fashion.

What do you think of the Young brit?

Comment

Working...
                      X