Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone feel Thurman will actually be a disappointment when he steps up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
    I don't see where the hype is. Power?

Dude struggled with Bumdu and looked very, very beatable.

I don't see the Thurman hype. FFS when Bumdu switched to southpaw Thurman was eating all sorts of shots.
    Struggled?

In what world?

He put on a clinic man. I've been telling people Bundu was akward and tough. he showed another side of himself tonight.

Comment

I think it depends on who he gets in with, I still don't see the hype surrounding him. He would probably have to KO whoever he gets in with after 2 rounds if not then he would probably lose.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        If Thurman didn't stop Bundu or Zaveck, I doubt he'll be the first guy to stop Juan Manuel Marquez. Marquez could definitely stop and outbox Thurman though, who looks susceptible to counters when he comes in.
        No one has stopped Bundu or Zaveck though. Marquez is a smaller guy who doesn't deal well with backfoot movement e.g. Bradley/FMJ. I wouldn't rule him out of getting stopped since he's been dropped in his last two fights, but hey it's a fantasy fight that will never become reality.

Comment

Thurmann dominated last night, although a decent shot from Bundhu landed here and there

I use to say Thurmann wud smash Maidana, but i'm not sure now, it's a 50/50 fight

Thurmann was moving around a lot, never seen him do that before, with Maidana he wud have to do the same, however if Maidana gets a punch in clean, i dont think Thurman will enjoy it.

Amazing potential fight

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            If Thurman didn't stop Bundu or Zaveck, I doubt he'll be the first guy to stop Juan Manuel Marquez. Marquez could definitely stop and outbox Thurman though, who looks susceptible to counters when he comes in.
            I disagree... jmm would definately be outgunned by a fighter like thurman... lets not forget that bundu is way more preserved then a fighter like jmm who has fought as a natural fw for almost his entire career, and has been in alot of ring wars..., Jmm is tiny for the division as it is, and would be out of his league if this fight would ever materialize, which i would doubt, because jmm wouldn't even entertain the idea of fighting Keith Thurman! Too much in size to give up!

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
              Thurmann dominated last night, although a decent shot from Bundhu landed here and there

I use to say Thurmann wud smash Maidana, but i'm not sure now, it's a 50/50 fight

Thurmann was moving around a lot, never seen him do that before, with Maidana he wud have to do the same, however if Maidana gets a punch in clean, i dont think Thurman will enjoy it.

Amazing potential fight
              I'd say 60-40 Thurman's favour, I don't see Maidana taking those bodyshots well. I recall him being hurt against Josesito Lopez and he's not A1 at cutting off the ring. He does have a strong punch though, so he'd never be out of it until he's stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                I'd say 60-40 Thurman's favour, I don't see Maidana taking those bodyshots well. I recall him being hurt against Josesito Lopez and he's not A1 at cutting off the ring. He does have a strong punch though, so he'd never be out of it until he's stopped.
                Yea thats true, Maidana will not enjoy Thurmans power

Could be a fight of multiple knockdowns

Comment

lets keep in mind tho that any fighter people think may be a threat to floyd is instantly hyped beyond belief i think thats what has happened with thurman yes hes a very good fighter but people acted as tho he was the next big thing and the floyd duck talk had already started even tho the guy has yet to be in a pick em fight or anything even close. Im just tired of being told who the next great fighters are before they prove it it affects the way judges judge fights the way fights are made everything can we please just let the fighters show us who is great? even tho he won he almost seems to be falling into that trap broner found himself in where people keep telling him how great he is/gonna be. Lets see him fight someone before proclaiming him the next big thing.

Comment

Coming from a Keith Thurman fan, he needs to keep Mayweather's name out of his mouth. He wouldn't have a clue what to do in there. Beyond that, I think Thurman will go on to have some good wins. He's a little further behind in the learning stage than I previously thought though.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                      No one has stopped Bundu or Zaveck though. Marquez is a smaller guy who doesn't deal well with backfoot movement e.g. Bradley/FMJ. I wouldn't rule him out of getting stopped since he's been dropped in his last two fights, but hey it's a fantasy fight that will never become reality.
                      what seems to be missed is that Thurman is a JM fighting as a WW first punch maidiana land and he will land easily Thurman goes down gets up and gets KO'd

Comment

Working...
                      X