Collapse
No announcement yet.

WBC Super Middleweight Champ Anthony Dirrell

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think chavez jr said he one of the fighters he be willing to face, chavez looking for the Froch fight but if not he want GGG, or DIrrell

Comment

I wouldn't say he had a decent performance vs. Bika. That was one of the worst fights I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
        He is not interested in fighting Groves, and he's especially not interested in defending the title in England, which is where the fight will most definitely take place. He flat out said that's not happening, so we'll see if another Haymon fighter gives up a belt rather than fight someone.

Hilariously, he says Groves hasn't fought good enough competition to earn a shot.
        I would think fighting in England would give him some exposure to the UK fans to help setup a fight with Froch.

Comment

there is a good chance he fights gilberto ramirez but he is chavez jr's second choice behind froch

Comment

How in the hell is Groves anyones mandatory?? he lost 2 fights in a row and then beat some random dude

Comment

Dirrell vs JCC jr coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                I would think fighting in England would give him some exposure to the UK fans to help setup a fight with Froch.
                I don't know dude. I don't see a whole lot between him and Groves; he'd definitely have a hard time getting a decision over George in the UK. It would be a close fight.

I'd bet on him losing the belt and fading into obscurity.

Comment

Still no word on Anthony Dirrell, his last fight was in August of last year.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...1908&cat=boxer

Comment

I thought he was negotiating vs Ward

Comment

his brother tried, but the dirrell family name rears its ugly head.

anthony dirrell will defend WBC title spring 2018

andre is looking at a possible mid 2019 showdown with daniel dawson on ESPN FNF.

Comment

Working...
                      X