Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holy Crap! Anyone Remember David Reid? What a sad story

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He doesn't have anyone to help him? Family, friends, coaches, anyone?

Comment

One thing about this sport that I hate is how there is no one out there to help you manage your money. Every one wants a part of the pie from being your cook to the promoters. It's a cycle where if they let the guy spend money unwisely, they will just keep on fighting to not become bankrupted, but that's the trap, they all end up financially fvked up, or at least 95%.

Comment

All these so called fans who talk fighters giving the public " exciting fights", where are the for guys like Reid, Mcclellan, Quarry, (James Toney(soon)? They are somewhere reading a story about the fighter & the extent of their caring is saying "that's so sad". This should be a lesson to keyboard warriors who fault real boxing. Floyd is right when he says"there's nothing cool about taking punishment!".

Comment

He is a really nice guy. His rise and fall came very quickly. He needs professional help. Sad to hear this type of story

Comment

Originally posted by thesenuts View Post
            It's sad but it's not THAT sad. This dude is a grown man, not some teenager. He makes his own decisions.

Let the man be
            Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            That's what I was thinking, yes it's sad but the guy earned millions in the span of only a few years, he should have looked after his money, not many people earn the popularity, fame, championships and money that he earned in less than 20 professional bouts. He got beat up by an ATG, if he can't handle it then oh well.
            You don't have to be a psychologist to see that David is mentally ill. How ill I'm not qualified to say, but it seems evident that he's in a pretty bad state. And you don't have to be a doctor to guess that Reid's boxing career might've had something to do with his present mental condition. It's not very likely that David is capable of making sound decisions.

Reid probably didn't earn nearly as much in his short career as many people think. Even if he did, it's pretty heartless to imply that he deserves to be where he is today.

Comment

Boxing is an u forgiving sport. Feel bad for the guy. Smh Tito ruined him. Sad to hear his life is like this now in days. Wow.

Comment

Boxing is an u forgiving sport. Feel bad for the guy. Smh Tito ruined him. Sad to hear his life is like this now in days. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by megadeth View Post
                  All these so called fans who talk fighters giving the public " exciting fights", where are the for guys like Reid, Mcclellan, Quarry, (James Toney(soon)? They are somewhere reading a story about the fighter & the extent of their caring is saying "that's so sad". This should be a lesson to keyboard warriors who fault real boxing. Floyd is right when he says"there's nothing cool about taking punishment!".
                  That precisely what i was thinking.

Comment

that was a sad read

Comment

Him and Tito put on a hell of a fight I felt bad for him as Tito started to blitz him at the end of the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X