No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao must clean house: Operation Swift Broom

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Pacquiao must clean house: Operation Swift Broom

Is Manny Pacquiao running his own show on Team Pacquiao or not? (Philboxing.com)

Forget me not.

Is Manny Pacquiao is suffering from amnesia, he wouldn’t be the first superstar fighter to be so afflicted?

If Pacman is forgetting or glossing over the undeniable fact that his Pugilistic Professor Coach Freddie Roach is the engineer who drives the MP Train, then he is making a potentially disastrous mistake which could lead to his in ring demise against Miguel I'm No Angel Cotto.

And maybe he has. Maybe this swirling dissension in his camp is not just “Manny being Manny” but is symptomatic of a multimillionaire athlete surrounded in the main by tuhmbsucking sycophants whose song never changes. “You the Man-ny, you the Man-ny” is their vanity siren call to their fearless but maybe feckless leader.

Permit this quick aside. Wasn’t it only months ago that it was Team Cotto that was wrecked and nearly wrecked by dissension between the fighter and his hot tempered uncle/trainer Evangleista Cotto?

Surely you remember their physical confrontation which escalated to the police being called in and Tio Loco tossing a brick through the window of Miguel’s fancy car?

But Miguel did something smart after the big blowup in Caguas. He cut his professional and personal ties with Crazy Uncle, his father’s own brother, and moved on to the Johusa Clottey bout without him, naming Jose Santiago as his chief second.

Now, over in the Strawberry Patch in beautiful downtown Baguio, the hate fest between Roach and rapacious agent Michael Koncz continues to simmer and boil.

These two just can’t play nice. They mix like oil and water and it’s past time for supposed I’m My Own Boss Megamanny to put the lid on the now in the open feuding.

I mean, Manny is the Boss of all things Manny, right? That may come as a news flash to Domestic Engineer Jinkee but shouldn’t Pacman be on top of the inner workings of Team Pacquiao.

They say there is no “I” in T-E-A-M but there is an “i” in “irate” and you may be sure Roach’s Boston Irish blood is boiling after perusing my exclusive report about remarks the crafty Canadian made in a Manila TV studio about telling the boxer to dump Roach.

Folks, this is starting to remind me of “Fatal Attraction” when that crazed woman threw the rabbit in the fiery pot.

I never thought Roach would be making a boxing comeback as 2009 winds down but it would be wise for pacifist Koncz to stay out of Roach’s face for the time being lest there is an unwholesome physical confrontation.

I’m sure, under Jinkee’s watchful eyes, the Manny Mansion in the Philippines is always tidy. You can probably eat off the floor but, hey, I don’t want to give Mr. Koncz any ideas as to where he should ingest his daily heaping helping of balut.

And, similarly, I bet Manny’s Los Angeles domicile is kept neat and orderly.

Abraham Lincoln was right in saying a house divided cannot long stand.

Team Pacquiao is a house divided.

The Bunny Boiler drama needs to hit the mute button.

Manny needs to grab a broom, sweep this Koncz versus Roach dirt, under the carpet and he needs to do it today.

Clean your own house, Manny, because all Cotto cares about is cleaning your clock.

The time for the Team Pacquiao Clean Sweep, or call it Operation Swift Broom, is now.

linkhttp://www.examiner.com/x-5699-NY-Bo...on-Swift-Broom
Working...
X