No announcement yet.

Cotto to Retire after his new deal with TR Expires

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
    Daniel Santos is a bigger, stronger harder puncher and better boxer than QUintana. And Quintana schooled paul for 12 ounds and stunned him a ouple of times.

So STFU and stop being a idiot(I Know thats impossible for you to do),!!!
    Actually champ, last time I saw it, pwill blasted Quintan out early in round 1. santos lost to sergiy and is inactive as hell. maybe you should just leave him out of it. Pwill blows him out like serg did. (yes, he kicked santos ass).

Comment

If Cotto keeps fighting twice a year against the kind of competition he has the last three, it will be in his best interest to retire before he suffers permanent damage.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
        He's not a first ballot HoF'er yet.

In all sports, the HoF is so easily tossed around. If Cotto can take the straps off of Mosley and Berto, while beating Pacquaio and Margarito

Then we can start having serious discussion about my boy. Till then...Pacquaio. He absolutely needs to win that fight.

I didn't include Mayweather cuz I'm still wondering about his relevance in today's game.
        Co-sign. I can't see how a fighter beats a 37 year old great by landing less power punches and he's a hall of famer. Get the f#ck out of here with that bull****. And the fact that he is talking about retiring in two or three years means he either needs to suffer a severe beating to justify it or else he needs to win the rest of his fights going away with no more Michael Jennings and Alfonzo Gomez like opponents. This is what separates guys like the Marquez bros, Vasquez, and even Hopkins from guys like Lopez and Cotto. They fight for glory and not money Saying Cotto belongs in the HOF are the type of nuthugging comments that cause me to go off on his fans. Cotto's resume has a lot of good fighters on it and not enough great ones. Same thing with Mayweather, but he has never squeaked out decisions without clearing the controversy with them.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
          He is not a first ballot HOFer now. Not at all.
          If it's the right year, he could be. People forget how easy it is to get into the Boxing HOF. It's not like the Baseball HOF, much less deserving people get in than Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
            If it's the right year, he could be. People forget how easy it is to get into the Boxing HOF. It's not like the Baseball HOF, much less deserving people get in than Cotto.
            I agree with that, but I feel like the more undeserving fighters we let in the HOF of boxing the more it cheapens it. We need to keep it for the fighters who absolutely dominated the majority of the elite opponents they fought. Cotto has not done that.

Comment

cotto should try politics

Comment

Working...
              X