Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Lomachenko is Intrigued By Prospect of Fighting Gamboa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
    u were honest about one part..now lets be honest about hte next part...THEY LOWBALLED WALTERS...THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN A 50-50 OFFER..and the best man got the TR golden ticket..

when their ratings only come up to 700k together and only about 550k each alone ..nothing about that says one man deserved 350k more than the next.

if walters ducked a equal offer i would agree with you, but they politically screwed him
    You're just never going to give Loma credit no matter what he does.
    Weren't you saying that Walters was going to beat the crap out of Loma and now your coming with inactivity excuse?
    Loma and Walters both fought twice in 2015; Walters had a better 2015 than Loma, I would say. The only difference is that Loma fought once this year before the Walters fight and Walters didn't. It's not like Loma was much busier than Walters was. And Walters was inactive for 11 months, not even a full year, coming into the fight.
    Why is it that other fighters can get credit for beating much older fighters who have been inactive for over a year, but Loma can't?
    Plus, Walters was offered the fight earlier in the year and he declined it. He even admitted to wanting a million. It's not like I'm making this up. Go search it up.

Loma gets paid more. It is what it is.
    I'm not getting any of the money I don't care how much each got paid.
    Are you getting any of Walters' money? It seems like you are because you care so much about it.
    One of the only times I'll care about what the fighters are making is when there is a injustice going on. Or something like that. There are situations where money may bother me and other people, but this wasn't one of those rare cases.
    Walters got offered what? $550,000 the first time around? That would have been his highest pay day. Instead he ended up taking less.

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
      Weren't you saying that Walters was going to beat the crap out of Loma and now your coming with inactivity excuse?
      Loma and Walters both fought twice in 2015; Walters had a better 2015 than Loma, I would say. The only difference is that Loma fought once this year before the Walters fight and Walters didn't. It's not like Loma was much busier than Walters was. And Walters was inactive for 11 months, not even a full year, coming into the fight.
      Why is it that other fighters can get credit for beating much older fighters who have been inactive for over a year, but Loma can't?
      Plus, Walters was offered the fight earlier in the year and he declined it. He even admitted to wanting a million. It's not like I'm making this up. Go search it up.

Are you getting any of Walters' money? It seems like you are because you care so much about it.
      One of the only times I'll care about what the fighters are making is when there is a injustice going on. Or something like that. There are situations where money may bother me and other people, but this wasn't one of those rare cases.
      Walters got offered what? $550,000 the first time around? That would have been his highest pay day. Instead he ended up taking less.
      I read a few places he ended up getting 550k, only 300k was declared I guess. But yeah he could have gotten that before he went inactive.

The guy you're talking to is the biggest Chickenson booster here, keep that in mind. You'd think guys like that wouldn't be putting down anyone on resume, much less a guy with the toughest 8 fight resume ever

Comment

Originally posted by EL_GRINGO View Post
        He looks in fantastic shape though ,just checked boxrec,he looks alott younger then he really is lol,he's got tons of experience though,should help him
        I've heard Gamboa's a gym rat, and it shows. I don't think I've ever seen him look obviously out of shape between fights. Yuri's work ethic and experience are definitely assets, but a world class talent like Lomachenko requires lots of activity and specialized work. Gamboa will have to be at his best to have a shot here.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          I've heard Gamboa's a gym rat, and it shows. I don't think I've ever seen him look obviously out of shape between fights. Yuri's work ethic and experience are definitely assets, but a world class talent like Lomachenko requires lots of activity and specialized work. Gamboa will have to be at his best to have a shot here.
          When is the last time he was at his best, like 5 years ago? The only time he looked good since leaving Arum is the 4 rounds vs Crawford

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
            what do you think is fair offer for gamboa to fight loma?
            I'm not well-versed in these things. I had to do some quick research. From what I'm reading, Salido got 250k, Walters got 300 and Martinez got 425. Gamboa is very likely to produce a very exciting and competitive fight, perhaps in a losing effort. 300k is probably fair. As we've agreed, Gamboa's not in the strongest position to negotiate, but I don't think I'd be willing to go below 250k, if I was his manager.

Comment

Doesn't Gamboa look like a little Mike Tyson? Both the face and the physique.

The fight between Crawford and Gamboa was awesome. Gamboa is actually faster than Crawford. He is one of the fastest boxers today. So if he comes really motivated and in great shape as usual, a fight with Lomachenko would be a true feast for boxing fans IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                When is the last time he was at his best, like 5 years ago? The only time he looked good since leaving Arum is the 4 rounds vs Crawford
                True statement. But when you consider where Crawford has gone since then, and how Gamboa performed against him, despite inactivity, you have to believe Yuri has it in him to make life hard for Lomachenko.

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post

who's getting credit? joshua for that bs klit fight? looooooool

not i dont get their money..but fair deals make fair fights..THAT IS BEST FOR BOXING FANS..

highest pay day doesnt mean most fair..they robbed him and gave him a draw to keep from paying..they politically manipulated him and i stick up for any fighter in that bag..

loma will get credit when bob has to stop stirring his pot to be good

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    I read a few places he ended up getting 550k, only 300k was declared I guess. But yeah he could have gotten that before he went inactive.

The guy you're talking to is the biggest Chickenson booster here, keep that in mind. You'd think guys like that wouldn't be putting down anyone on resume, much less a guy with the toughest 8 fight resume ever
                    WTF DOES ADONIS HAVE TO DO WITH ARUM NOT OFFERING A 50-50 TO 2 A LEVEL YOUNG FIGHTERS WHILE BOTH WERE ACTING..

AND MIND YOU THE ONE WITH A LOSS WAS SET TO MAKE 350K MORE..

are you out your mf'n mind..i swear i wanna slap mfs like you

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                      True statement. But when you consider where Crawford has gone since then, and how Gamboa performed against him, despite inactivity, you have to believe Yuri has it in him to make life hard for Lomachenko.
                      For a few rounds but even against subpar comp he's gassing mid fight and running out of ideas. I hope he proves me wrong but I think he's done.

Comment

Working...
                      X