Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Gets Off The Floor, Decisions Sergey Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
    Filthy fight...

I had no dog in it, but I had to go with Kova...

Ward held as much as Wlad but Wlad gets hated on...Ward holds but on the UK feed not once do they mention Ward holding...talk about bias...

Kova was the champ, he had the knock down, and at best for Ward he scored a draw...

The ref was straight filth...He let Ward hold and rabbit punch with no warning, the moment Kova did anything resembling illegal tactics ref was on his nuts like white on rice.

Draw at best or Kova win, but Ward DID NOT win this fight.

Put a clean ref in there that wouldnt let Ward hold Kova would have him on the floor 3x more...

Boxing is ****ed...

Lets see how Loma Walters goes....I sense another Salido fight.
    dude wtf kovalev was actually the one clinching more lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetpea87 View Post
      I had it 6-6 so Kovalev winning by one point because of the knockdown in round 2. Super close fight though I was expecting a split decision. I hope a rematch is next.
      That's what I saw and honestly from round 3 onwards Kovalev landed 4 right hands of which one was halfway blocked. So it's not like Kovalev did much against a one-armed fighter

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
          That's interesting most of ringside agreed that Kovalev won. I guess none of them know what the **** they are talking about.
          Like who? If you're talking about old senile Harold and bitter Lampley, yes, they DKWTF they're talking about.

Go back and look at the fight

Ward was picking him apart after the 4th round. Body work hurt Kovalev several times. The jab snapped his back countless times.

Kovalev lost

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            That's how I scored the first two rounds too. The problem for me is Kovalev didn't do much of anything in the later rounds, Ward won all the championship rounds for sure and he probably won rounds 7 and 8.
            Ward really didn't have many clear rounds. The ones I scored clearly for him were rounds 5, 9 and 11. Maybe the 12th but it was close. I had rounds 3 and 7 even.

But there's quite a few factors that go against a Ward win.
            -Knocked down and hurt several times in the fight.
            -Having to close a 20-17 gap first.
            -Outlanded in the fight and took the most significant shots by far.
            -He did not beat the champ to be the champ. On the contrary.

It also becomes more complicated when so many of his work was done in the clinch and he back peddled the whole fight, seldomly to actually counter.

I give him lots of credit for surviving early and coming back to do great body work that paid off and shifting gears to adapt. But I can't possibly see a win for him here.

Comment

• Originally posted by jwalkr View Post
              I don't know if I can even watch boxing anymore.
              That left a bad taste. Ward didn't deserve that win. He was in survival mode the first half of the fight and the second half he wasn't doing much more than that.

I don't understand how people can say if it's close call it a draw. How? There was no 10-8 round besides the 2nd. I actually had kov up by two points heading into the last round and I have him that round too.

Comment

• Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
                Very close fight. I hope the decision doesn't shroud how good of a fight it actually was. Boxing needed a big name fight to actually be a good fight after Manny vs Floyd.
                LOL I had ward winning, but this was one of the ugliest fights I've ever watched.

Comment

• the clowns who said that Ward would fake an injury to avoid that fight..... don't have the right to comment

the casuals who said that Ward had no chance, and that Kovalev would walk right through him..... should not want to comment

what a tough fight..... Ward adjusted well, as I knew he would, but Kovalev still got to him, and he was the champ

I wouldn't be crying if that fight was scored a draw, or even 114-113 Kovalev..... and not sure Ward would be either

the usual excuse-makers/cry-baby's who will inevitably flood this thread with tears..... are going to be highly amusing LMAO

Comment

• Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
                    Filthy fight...

I had no dog in it, but I had to go with Kova...

Ward held as much as Wlad but Wlad gets hated on...Ward holds but on the UK feed not once do they mention Ward holding...talk about bias...

Kova was the champ, he had the knock down, and at best for Ward he scored a draw...

The ref was straight filth...He let Ward hold and rabbit punch with no warning, the moment Kova did anything resembling illegal tactics ref was on his nuts like white on rice.

Draw at best or Kova win, but Ward DID NOT win this fight.

Put a clean ref in there that wouldnt let Ward hold Kova would have him on the floor 3x more...

Boxing is ****ed...

Lets see how Loma Walters goes....I sense another Salido fight.
                    here we go with the holding complainers.. my god, look at kovalevs size compared to ward (what is his fight night weight?) i mean how can kovalev let chicken leg ward dictate the inside? besides when wlad hold he does absolutely nothing, he just waits for the ref to break it up, when ward holds he goes to work on the inside.. and inside fighting is legal..he dogged kovalev on the inside, which shocked me because of kovalevs size.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                      Fcuk Lederman and Lampley

Ward controlled the fight after the 3rd/4th round with great body work, jab and left hooks. He was fcuking Kovalev up
                      Ya I come to a boxing website and this is what surprised me. Was pretty clear (to me at least) that Ward was in control from 6-12. I gave Kovalev rounds 4 and 5, but I gave Ward 3. I think from 6-12 Kovalev won 1-2 rounds max. So with the KD in round 2...close fight.

Ward won the championship rounds and won like 4-5 rounds in a row down the stretch. Not hard to see how Ward wins this fight at all. Stunned so many people are crying otherwise

Comment

Working...
                      X