Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember a few months ago, report said a major Brit title holder failed a drug test??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember a few months ago, report said a major Brit title holder failed a drug test??

It just clicked in my head. Remember this spring when it was announced that a major title holder in the UK failed a PED test? I think a doc declared it. We were all guessing as to who it was but everyone pretty much assumed Fury would be the least likely.

I'm not witch-hunting Fury, just seeing if anyone else remembers and has a link to one of those stories.

Now that you mention it I do recall that. Damn

Comment

I remember the article. A doc from Harley Street was found to have been supplying PEDs to major British athletes and blew the whistle on a number of them when caught. I think most people at the time believed the boxer mentioned was Chris Eubank jr, for some reason.

Comment

This isn't the original source of the article but more or less covers the main points.

https://www.steroid.com/blog/British...0-Athletes.php
        Last edited by Fury4daWIN; 06-30-2016, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Thing about this, though, is that that doctor clearly knew exactly what he was doing, given that he was prescribing drugs for athletes competing in sports with far stricture drug testing regimens than boxing. I'd say it's hardly likely he would have prescribed something as easily traceable as nandrolone, knowing its long half-life and ease of detection. That's an amateur's drug.
          Last edited by Fury4daWIN; 06-30-2016, 01:33 AM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Originally posted by WTF Huck! View Post
            I remember the article. A doc from Harley Street was found to have been supplying PEDs to major British athletes and blew the whistle on a number of them when caught. I think most people at the time believed the boxer mentioned was Chris Eubank jr, for some reason.
            Exactly. For some reason I remembered talk of Eubank Jr being on the junk, then it occurred it me it was that rumor from the doc that caused a number of people here to speculate it would be Chris.

Thx for the article. I can only wonder if there's any correlation or if it has anything to do with delayed results, re-testing, etc. (in regard to Fury)

Comment

Thing about this, though, is that that doctor clearly knew exactly what he was doing, given that he was prescribing drugs for athletes competing in sports with far stricture drug testing regimens than boxing. I'd say it's hardly likely he would have prescribed something as easily traceable as nandrolone, knowing it's long half-life and ease of detection. That's an amateur's drug.
              Very true, as Nan is avoid among tested athletes. On the other hand, people tend to be caught when doing something careless, not when they're observing caution.
              Last edited by Redd Foxx; 06-30-2016, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Dem Brits b cheatin'

Last edited by Beercules; 06-30-2016, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Ha I swear Peter Fury did an interview saying they were using a Harley St doctor for Hughie's acne problem.

Edit: yep he did say that ha, I don't think he'd talk so openly about a doctor if they were using him for peds though
                  http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news...ays-peter-fury
                  Last edited by Butt stuff; 06-30-2016, 02:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X