No announcement yet.

My gaming PC is the biggest waste of money in my entire life

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghost_Rider View Post
    Only a person who's gamed on a 4k 120+ fps, 3ms - 32+ inch va gaming monitor on max settings would understand.

Playing a console game, and playing the maximal high end graphical experience is the difference between driving a civic and a supercharged lambo.
    I'd rather buy a lambo which I could probably afford for that set up

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost_Rider View Post
      Only a person who's gamed on a 4k 120+ fps, 3ms - 32+ inch va gaming monitor on max settings would understand.

Playing a console game, and playing the maximal high end graphical experience is the difference between driving a civic and a supercharged lambo.
      Yes if in 3 years a new civic will outperform the lambo.

Comment

Originally posted by LDBC Slayer View Post
        I'd rather buy a lambo which I could probably afford for that set up
        Less than 2k, plus pc gaming pays for itself since you can pirate everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          Yes if in 3 years a new civic will outperform the lambo.
          In 3 years, i will buy new components and sell my old ones for 70% of the price I got them.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Seriously, biggest waste of money I have right now, and ever had, my gaming PC.

RTX 2080, 64gb RAM, 5TB HDD (5x 1TB WD Black), 1TB SSD NVMe, AMD Ryzen 7 3800x cpu, Noctua NH-D15 SSO2 D-Type cooler, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus motherboard, Noctua NF-F12 fans all over the case, and I forgot what I have as a PSU, I know it's some Gold rated one. The case? The beastly Thermaltake Tower 900. Yes I know, The Tower 900 is better suited for liquid cooling, but I went with air cooling because I prefer the style and color of Noctua fans. Monitor is a $600 Acer Predator XB1, 27inch, 1440p, 144hz, 1ms, G-Sync.

Why is it a waste of money? I don't even use it. I have a $1300 Dell all-in-one PC which I keep in my living room, where I always am, so it's my primary PC. I only go into my bedroom (where my gaming PC is) to use the bed, or do exercise on my free standing pull-up/chin-up/leg rise/dip station. The worst part of it is that I moved the nearly $3k gaming PC away to another corner, disconnected, to make room for weight training equipment, which totals around $400. Yeah, I moved away $3k worth of of stuff, to make room for $400 worth of stuff. I don't even know if it's really $3k, it's probably less. The most expensive stuff was the monitor, the GPU, and the CPU. The case cost like $270 iirc, I forgot.

But yeah, I don't use it. I might as well sell it. It would be less than what I paid for. But at least i'll get something back. I use my PS4 Pro in my living room for gaming.
            wouldn't a simple fix be move your gaming pc into the living room? now it will get max use.

I have 5K worth setup in just pc, not including my audio and monitors and I dont even have a RTX lol.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY!. View Post
              wouldn't a simple fix be move your gaming pc into the living room? now it will get max use.

I have 5K worth setup in just pc, not including my audio and monitors and I dont even have a RTX lol.
              Lol I don’t have the energy for that right now.

I’m perfectly fine with playing consoles from my couch on my 65”.

Comment

Lol I don’t have the energy for that right now.

I’m perfectly fine with playing consoles from my couch on my 65”.
                I hear ya, I only have one real PC that one I said is 5K I use it alot for things but the only game I play on it is Forntie lol if you have fornite (epic games) you can get gta5 for free right now it, its in the store in the free section.

Comment

Console gaming is more expensive than pc gaming.

Let's say you buy an rtx 2080 for 700 dollars, then after 3 years, you sell it for 500 dollars. That's 200 dollars. And all the games are free on pc since you can just torrent them.

or

You can buy a ps5 for 600-700 dollars. Within 3 years, the price will plummet, and you'll sell it for about 300 dollars. That's 400 lost.

and if you buy 30 games, at an average of 40 dollars each, that's 1.2k

200 dollars vs 1,600 dollars.

Also to get a 4k gaming ready pc is not that expensive. You don't have to spend more than 1300. Just get a barebones set up and an rtx card.

People who are spending more than 1500 to get a 4k ready gaming pc have no idea what they're doing.

Comment

RTX 2080, 64gb RAM, 5TB HDD (5x 1TB WD Black), 1TB SSD NVMe, AMD Ryzen 7 3800x cpu, Noctua NH-D15 SSO2 D-Type cooler, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus motherboard, Noctua NF-F12 fans all over the case, and I forgot what I have as a PSU, I know it's some Gold rated one. The case? The beastly Thermaltake Tower 900. Yes I know, The Tower 900 is better suited for liquid cooling, but I went with air cooling because I prefer the style and color of Noctua fans. Monitor is a $600 Acer Predator XB1, 27inch, 1440p, 144hz, 1ms, G-Sync.

Why is it a waste of money? I don't even use it. I have a $1300 Dell all-in-one PC which I keep in my living room, where I always am, so it's my primary PC. I only go into my bedroom (where my gaming PC is) to use the bed, or do exercise on my free standing pull-up/chin-up/leg rise/dip station. The worst part of it is that I moved the nearly $3k gaming PC away to another corner, disconnected, to make room for weight training equipment, which totals around $400. Yeah, I moved away $3k worth of of stuff, to make room for $400 worth of stuff. I don't even know if it's really $3k, it's probably less. The most expensive stuff was the monitor, the GPU, and the CPU. The case cost like $270 iirc, I forgot.

But yeah, I don't use it. I might as well sell it. It would be less than what I paid for. But at least i'll get something back. I use my PS4 Pro in my living room for gaming.
                    That's a nice rig bro, i'd love to take it myself, but i can't justify that kind of ££ when i'd hardly use it.

You'll be able to get rid of it any time you want tho, if it's the right price someone will snap your hand off.

Comment

So if you used it, it wouldn't be a waste of money?

You could have picked up a Phanteks P400A case for cheaper. B450 motherboard is cheaper and is great for Ryzen. I don't know if you need all of those fans with the Phanteks case and a nice CPU cooler. I certainly don't and i've only got a Hyper 212 BE CPU cooler which is a basic aftermarket CPU cooler.

I would have personally have picked up the 3700x instead of the 3800x. Save more money and lose VERY slight performance gain. You probably save like $300 bucks with all of that easy. Oh and why do you need 64GB of RAM? Games right now MAX out at 16GB. I would have gone with max 32GB.

Comment

Working...
                      X