No announcement yet.

My gaming PC is the biggest waste of money in my entire life

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My gaming PC is the biggest waste of money in my entire life

Seriously, biggest waste of money I have right now, and ever had, my gaming PC.

RTX 2080, 64gb RAM, 5TB HDD (5x 1TB WD Black), 1TB SSD NVMe, AMD Ryzen 7 3800x cpu, Noctua NH-D15 SSO2 D-Type cooler, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus motherboard, Noctua NF-F12 fans all over the case, and I forgot what I have as a PSU, I know it's some Gold rated one. The case? The beastly Thermaltake Tower 900. Yes I know, The Tower 900 is better suited for liquid cooling, but I went with air cooling because I prefer the style and color of Noctua fans. Monitor is a $600 Acer Predator XB1, 27inch, 1440p, 144hz, 1ms, G-Sync.

Why is it a waste of money? I don't even use it. I have a $1300 Dell all-in-one PC which I keep in my living room, where I always am, so it's my primary PC. I only go into my bedroom (where my gaming PC is) to use the bed, or do exercise on my free standing pull-up/chin-up/leg rise/dip station. The worst part of it is that I moved the nearly $3k gaming PC away to another corner, disconnected, to make room for weight training equipment, which totals around $400. Yeah, I moved away $3k worth of of stuff, to make room for $400 worth of stuff. I don't even know if it's really $3k, it's probably less. The most expensive stuff was the monitor, the GPU, and the CPU. The case cost like $270 iirc, I forgot.

But yeah, I don't use it. I might as well sell it. It would be less than what I paid for. But at least i'll get something back. I use my PS4 Pro in my living room for gaming.

Man that is the ultimate set up though
    P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

I'm assuming you don't move it into the living room because it takes up too much space.

Comment

Originally posted by SinderellaMan View Post
        Man that is the ultimate set up though
        Honestly dude i’d sell it to you for way cheaper than I paid for it if you want it. I will show you the prices for everything on my newegg order history. I’ll take pics of it. It’s barely been used, everything works. I sh/t you not, I may have turned it on once to play like Resident Evil 4. Maybe twice. It could not have been more than twice. Just a waste of money. You can have everything including the $600 Acer monitor. I also have a lot of the boxes where everything came in

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
          I'm assuming you don't move it into the living room because it takes up too much space.
          There is room.

The idea was to have the Dell all in one for myself, for basic browsing, and for visitors to use, when family would come by. And have the gaming PC in the bedroom, “the man cave”. But yeah, just not all that into pc gaming anymore.

Comment

I just thought to myself, okay I got a good job now, I can afford a dream PC, a beast ass PC. A PC that broke, poor, teenage me can only dream of and would think i’d never be able to get something like that.

Then I did it, and couldn’t care less about it. F/ck

Little ol basic PS4 Pro and Nintendo Switch keeps me entertained enough that I couldn’t care less about PC gaming.

Plus i’m not a fan of sitting on a chair in front of a monitor anymore. I prefer sitting on a couch and playing games from my 65” LG oled.

If I can’t get rid of it, I might end up just sucking it up and playing some games on it just to not let it go to complete waste. But i’d be really pushing myself.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              There is room.

The idea was to have the Dell all in one for myself, for basic browsing, and for visitors to use, when family would come by. And have the gaming PC in the bedroom, “the man cave”. But yeah, just not all that into pc gaming anymore.
              I just got into it. I sold my Xbox1 to my son. My rig however isn't close to yours but it gives me something to do waiting out the virus. My kids and wife got together and bought me a PC in parts. A Ryzen 5 2400g which was more than enough for daily use. I picked up an RX480 reference card for $130 Canadian and started gaming on line. It's very addicting.. Ironically right now I'm playing The Division 2.

Comment

I enjoy gaming but I've never understood people spending thousands upon thousands in these crazy spec gaming PC's.

Like yeah, pc master race and all that but seriously I just enjoy jamming my console on the sofa like a pleb tier peasent

Comment

Originally posted by LDBC Slayer View Post
                  I enjoy gaming but I've never understood people spending thousands upon thousands in these crazy spec gaming PC's.

Like yeah, pc master race and all that but seriously I just enjoy jamming my console on the sofa like a pleb tier peasent
                  Only a person who's gamed on a 4k 120+ fps, 3ms - 32+ inch va gaming monitor on max settings would understand.

Playing a console game, and playing the maximal high end graphical experience is the difference between driving a civic and a supercharged lambo.
                  Last edited by llll; 05-14-2020, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Seriously, biggest waste of money I have right now, and ever had, my gaming PC.

RTX 2080, 64gb RAM, 5TB HDD (5x 1TB WD Black), 1TB SSD NVMe, AMD Ryzen 7 3800x cpu, Noctua NH-D15 SSO2 D-Type cooler, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus motherboard, Noctua NF-F12 fans all over the case, and I forgot what I have as a PSU, I know it's some Gold rated one. The case? The beastly Thermaltake Tower 900. Yes I know, The Tower 900 is better suited for liquid cooling, but I went with air cooling because I prefer the style and color of Noctua fans. Monitor is a $600 Acer Predator XB1, 27inch, 1440p, 144hz, 1ms, G-Sync.

Why is it a waste of money? I don't even use it. I have a $1300 Dell all-in-one PC which I keep in my living room, where I always am, so it's my primary PC. I only go into my bedroom (where my gaming PC is) to use the bed, or do exercise on my free standing pull-up/chin-up/leg rise/dip station. The worst part of it is that I moved the nearly $3k gaming PC away to another corner, disconnected, to make room for weight training equipment, which totals around $400. Yeah, I moved away $3k worth of of stuff, to make room for $400 worth of stuff. I don't even know if it's really $3k, it's probably less. The most expensive stuff was the monitor, the GPU, and the CPU. The case cost like $270 iirc, I forgot.

But yeah, I don't use it. I might as well sell it. It would be less than what I paid for. But at least i'll get something back. I use my PS4 Pro in my living room for gaming.
                    What would you take for it?

Comment

Working...
                    X