Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are people still doubting Pacquiao's boxing skills?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
    Pac's shot until proven otherwise
    outboxing Rios wasn't the proving ground to show he's "back"
    it's natural for people to doubt Pac's skills now
    that and his legs, stamina, chin, speed, and everything else
    Winning every round against Rios is not exactly prime evidence of Pacquiao being "shot". "Shot" is a strong word. Pacquiao may be at 70% compared to his prime but that's still 70% of an elite, top-tier fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by megadeth View Post
      Find a post where I said it was "good" to fight Canelo at 152? He should've fought him at the full 154 lb limit and we could've avoided people like you having something to say about it. Even though you haters still would've found some way to discredit it. But, if u are comparing Manny's win against 145 Oscar to Floyd's win against 152 Canleo, then I will say it for the 3rd time.....YDKSAB!

Fake retirement? Floyd had fought at a high level for most of his life, I don't think he had the desire anymore and it was time to step away for a while and see if it returned. Haters like you continue to spew that "ducked" nonsense when the facts say something different. ARUM HIMSELF said that Floyd was willing to fight Cotto and Margarito if the offer was right...It wasn't! Cotto's didn't want the fight at 140 and since has said that he was NEVER OFFERED THE FIGHT AND NEVER ASKED FOR THE FIGHT! Mosley declined the fight with Mayweather not once, but 2x! So, again, how did he "duck" them. The hate is strong with you. You even feel the need to lie just to make Floyd look bad.

Isn't it funny that, that same "Oldsley" that Floyd fought, Pac wanted nothing to do with??
      Why you gotta bring up facts like that Mega? Leave Mr. "i well fight anyone anywhere any time" . . . . . . . . "But es up to ma promotha Bab Arom" alone

Comment

Originally posted by SamuelLJackson View Post
        Those shots eventually get you though. Even the guys with the best chins eventually fall if hit enough
        Yea well that aint why Juan dropped him. Juan simply turned into a big puncher overnight. He KO'd a ww like it was nothing. Everyone here even talked about how buff he had gotten before the fight.

Comment

It’s been a couple years but I think this should be brought up. I still remembered when people sh@t on Pac’s skills back then, saying that he was not a skilled fighter and that he only fought a one dimensional style and only looked good against brawlers.

I think it’s time to admit that Pac has always been a skillful fighter and a great boxer. Probably not technical in the traditional way but still skilled in his own unique style.
          Last edited by Flo_Raiden; 07-21-2019, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Bump. I still find it fascinating how people back then saw Pac's boxing skills as lacking, completely ignoring the subtle things he does such as feints, angles, and setting up traps. There were even some people that said that he didn't have that ability to counter punch as well. Crazy to see how things change over time.

Comment

Working...
            X