No announcement yet.

Ducking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ducking

In a orthodox stance when you duck a hook to your right would it be natural for your lead leg to plant out first or should your back leg move into it if you want to counter to the body? I'm having trouble in sparring with this. And also what about slipping to your right in orthodox?

Do you have a trainer or instructor at your gym to ask this to?

I think this is the type of question you'd need someone to watch you do the thing your talking about in action and then give you advice.

Comment

If you are moving to
      Your right your right foot should move first and if you are moving left your left foot should move first. But like the person above me said ask your coach things always make more sense in person.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post

I think this is the type of question you'd need someone to watch you do the thing your talking about in action and then give you advice.
        Agreed, also he is thinking too much about how throw a punch or evade a punch , it’s reflex done by training in the gym not by reading a book

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post

That's what I was thinking. Needs to hit that gym and get solid trainer.

Comment

where do you live Tariq? …...Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
              where do you live Tariq? …...Rockin'
              Massachusetts

Comment

****. With me, sometimes the guys are too quick for me and my reflexes are a little late. I don't even necessarily move my feet. Not enough time. I'll just straight up bend at the knees and waist.

You're not supposed to do that cuz you'll leave yourself susceptible to uppercuts, but in real time against a fast fighter, sometimes that's all I can muster.

Comment

Working...
                X