Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Whyte Shades Joshua and Usyk: Pushes For Breazeale Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Whyte Shades Joshua and Usyk: Pushes For Breazeale Clash

According to heavyweight contender Dillian Whyte, he received a private message from IBF, IBO, WBO, WBA world champion Anthony Joshua when their negotiations stalled. The two were in talks for a rematch on April 13 at Wembley Stadium in London.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Nobody coming out of this looking particularly good. I usually quite like Whyte, but feel he should have snatched Joshua’s hand off regardless of the money. He’s unlikely to get any title shot for a while now, assuming Joshua beats Miller and fights the winner of Wilder Fury.

In the meantime Whyte can only fight risky opponents for probably less money.

(IMO Usyk beats Whyte too)

Comment

Originally posted by nick_viking View Post
        Nobody coming out of this looking particularly good. I usually quite like Whyte, but feel he should have snatched Joshua’s hand off regardless of the money. He’s unlikely to get any title shot for a while now, assuming Joshua beats Miller and fights the winner of Wilder Fury.

In the meantime Whyte can only fight risky opponents for probably less money.

(IMO Usyk beats Whyte too)
        I agree Whyte was very lucky against Parker he fought a dirty fight got assist from the ref and still almost got ktfo same with Chisora ref helps him and was still losing going in the 11th

Breazeale is 50/50 fight if he gets him in the uk if it's in US he is losing

Comment

It seems the only two making any sense in their moves is W/Fury.
          And this is obviously the outcome of backing yourself and taking the risk. It's Edward that has ended up looking boring not Tyson as Edward said!

Comment

We all wish Wilder would step up but fourty fights of ducking says otherwise. I do think he's not bluffing about fighting a fit Fury though so that should be the end of him, if not I'll have to actually give him credit for a fight.

Originally posted by thack View Post
            It seems the only two making any sense in their moves is W/Fury.
            And this is obviously the outcome of backing yourself and taking the risk. It's Edward that has ended up looking boring not Tyson as Edward said!

Comment

Whyte's an idiot. Not even kidding.

Comment

I can't figure this guy out? You want to fight Breazeale, who is with Haymon, but you don't want to fight Usyk, who is at Matchroom? And yet, you don't want to sign with Haymon, because you say Hearn has been good to you. Both wins guarantee you a title shot, why not ask Hearn for Usyk?

Comment

It has become incredibly complicated as a result of Eddie Hearn and AJ earning huge money from these boxing events and not willing to share the spoils with the opposition. It’s a bit beyond fighting for a title now and become all political. Dillian Whyte wants a bigger slice of the pie and is using his PPV number to demonstrate that claim. In effect Eddie has got himself into a pickle by the using PPV numbers to value opposition and used that as a reason for originally low balling fury and wilder, which as it stands now is 50/50. I have mentioned many times that when creating the purse anything can be used to justify a split or fixed fee it’s all a big game. The problem now is Eddie and AJs game is up and other boxers know the size of the revenue matchroom is bringing in and as a result want better terms.

Comment

Joshua and Hearn are the problem

Why didn't we get Joshua/Wilder? Why no Joshua/Fury? Why no Joshua/Whyte 2? All 3 said the money was not fair. Hearn wants these guys to take flat fees that's not fair even Mayweather gave guys 60/40 or in Maidanas case 65/35. Hearn offered Wilder $15m Flat Fee on a minimum $100m fight that's 85/15 NOT FAIR! Sounds like somebody is bluffing and don't want to fight!

Comment

Working...
                    X