Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Warrington Stuns Carl Frampton, Wins Decision in a War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastic fight rounding off a very good card. Difficult to overstate just how impressive Warrington was. He made a very good opponent look average. Something Frampton definitely isn't.

Comment

• Great win for Warrington. I didn't think he'd beat Selby and Frampton but he proved me wrong.
      He's had a great year and deserves a lot of credit.

His work rate is very tough to match. I think his next opponent would do well to go to the body early.

Frampton is probably past best now. If he is to go out soon I think a Quigg rematch in Ireland would be good for him.

And Leeds won too :

Comment

• Josh did good. He has a good scalp on his belt. I'm not too excited yet, we have yet to see this high work rate on the road. He's talking Valdez, but Quigg might have ruined Valdez too. Frampton was never the same either.

Comment

• Warrington-Valdez is going to be EPIC!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
            Great win for Warrington. I didn't think he'd beat Selby and Frampton but he proved me wrong.
            He's had a great year and deserves a lot of credit.

His work rate is very tough to match. I think his next opponent would do well to go to the body early.

Frampton is probably past best now. If he is to go out soon I think a Quigg rematch in Ireland would be good for him.

And Leeds won too :

Warrington was impressive, I haven't been completely sold on him before but he has proved my doubts wrong again. Would be fantastic to have Gary Russell Jr vs LSC and winner of that against Warrington

But yeah, I think Frampton is past his prime. That being said, still good boxer, no doubt. I hope he wont retire right after this, I think he could still have couple of good fights, besides I always hate seeing fighters retire as last fight being a loss for some reason. Its a nice feel-good story when they retire with a win

Comment

Working...
            X