Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Callum Smith Outboxes Nieky Holzken, George Groves is Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All downhill for smith from here. When he loses to Groves is he going to have five-six rounders to pad his record out and get a gift world title shot?

Comment

• Originally posted by lolpz View Post
      I said Braehmer over and over and over again after Smith's last fight. Smith is literally garbage. Brahmer would have won this entire tournament had he not gotten injured, I said that after the Eubank-Groves fight.

Brahmer would run through both Smith and Groves.
      If he's that good, why did Cleverly dominate him fighting away in Germany? If he beat him, surely Groves can.
      Everyone on here almost universally claims that Cleverly was a paper champ and not world class anyway.
      He was actually a decent champion until Kovalev pretty much ruined him.
      I know Braehmer blamed an in injury against Cleverly but it looked a lot more like he was being over run and quit on his stool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
        Look for a link on Reddit
        Appreciated bro. Thx.

Comment

• Fair play to Holzken, he was game, had a chin and was conditioned well. Did himself a credit.

Nice jab from Smith, as expected in this one however.

Comment

• Originally posted by apollocreed View Post
            If he's that good, why did Cleverly dominate him fighting away in Germany? If he beat him, surely Groves can.
            Everyone on here almost universally claims that Cleverly was a paper champ and not world class anyway.
            He was actually a decent champion until Kovalev pretty much ruined him.
            I know Braehmer blamed an in injury against Cleverly but it looked a lot more like he was being over run and quit on his stool.
            Did you watch the Cleverly fight?

I'm a Welshman and had some money on Clev to get the win. But he was getting clearly beaten by Braehmer (who was up by two points from all three judges) and would have probably retired on the night had the injury not happened.

A great shame he picked up his virus as i'm sure he would've given Smith a torrid time over 12 round in front of a home German crowd.

Comment

• Holzken trains at the Mayweather gym what do you expect they have great sparring and training there

Comment

• Originally posted by knockoutkid View Post
                All downhill for smith from here. When he loses to Groves is he going to have five-six rounders to pad his record out and get a gift world title shot?
                Expect a different Smith back in UK. People dismiss the psychology of sports. It was a no lose situation for Holz, it was an opportunity of a lifetime and he was in shape to just bring it. For Smith it would have been 4 weeks of not knowing what was happening or preparing for and then travel to Europe, with few travelling fans and then the expectation he should just walk through someone he likely had very little knowledge about. Against Groves it’ll be very different

Comment

• That was a weird fight. Smith looked levels above Holzken, but wasn't putting any power into his shots at all. It looked more like touch sparring than an actual fight.

First dud of the tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnston View Post
                    Smith has won every round
                    I agree with you, but i also think that Eubank Jr would Knock Out Holzken

Comment

• Smith has either regressed or simply wasnt that good to start with

I favour the former coupled with the fact that he doesnt have world class power

Comment

Working...
                      X