Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would prime Holyfield be the champ in todays HW division?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. He's the most complete HW I've ever seen. Both in skill and attributes. Evander has more than enough skills and tools to beat all of these new guys.

Comment

No, we have VADA testing now.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        You mean when he had severe heart problems? Oh he lost to John Ruiz when he was 40 years old, I guess that means he couldn't compete with Luis Ortiz

Like who? Who did Holyfield lose to that especially Wilder would wipe the floor with? Here's a guy who was outboxed by Szpilka ffs. haha

Absolutely silly. Luis Ortiz looked like dog crap against pretty much everyone he's fought except Wilder; Allen, Scott, even in his last fight yet you're trying to say a prime Holyfield couldn't compete with him.

Dear me, these kids today.
        lmao you're just proving my point even further.

-Lewis was losing to McCall/Rahman level guys.
        -Holyfield had heart problems but was still beating champions
        -Foreman was obese, in his mid 40's defeating champions
        -Moorer was knocked out by an obese fighter in his mid 40's
        -Tyson was losing to Douglas level guys

The 90's division in a nutshell.

1 year before fighting Ruiz, Holyfield was earning $25,000,000 to fight Lewis 2x after he drew with him the 1st time. He was racking up wins over Tyson, Mercer, Moorer, Bean, etc. after he was diagnosed with his heart condition too.

But don't tell me you're one of those people that discredits Wilder's win over Luis Ortiz because he has high blood pressure lmao, or acts like Wilder is some scrub every time somebody actually manages to punch him in the face.

Luis Ortiz didn't lose a single round against Allen, Scott, or Kauffman either, he's shut all these guys out.

And Szpilka never outboxed Wilder lmao, just another lie, he hit Wilder with about 5 clean punches the entire bout.

You're down to hyping up John Ruiz now, it's pathetic, STOP. Just stop, you're going to embarrass yourself if we continue this.
        Last edited by Cutthroat; 01-20-2019, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
          lmao you're just proving my point even further.

-Lewis was losing to McCall/Rahman level guys.
          -Holyfield had heart problems but was still beating champions
          -Foreman was obese, in his mid 40's defeating champions
          -Moorer was knocked out by an obese fighter in his mid 40's
          -Tyson was losing to Douglas level guys

The 90's division in a nutshell.

1 year before fighting Ruiz, Holyfield was earning $25,000,000 to fight Lewis 2x after he drew with him the 1st time. He was racking up wins over Tyson, Mercer, Moorer, Bean, etc. after he was diagnosed with his heart condition too.

But don't tell me you're one of those people that discredits Wilder's win over Luis Ortiz because he has high blood pressure lmao, or acts like Wilder is some scrub every time somebody actually manages to punch him in the face.

Luis Ortiz didn't lose a single round against Allen, Scott, or Kauffman either, he's shut all these guys out.

And Szpilka never outboxed Wilder lmao, just another lie, he hit Wilder with about 5 clean punches the entire bout.

You're down to hyping up John Ruiz now, it's pathetic, STOP. Just stop, you're going to embarrass yourself if we continue this.
          I get it.

You're one of those idiots who think Luis Ortiz is a beast, because you're a wilder fan

Why do you keep mentioning John Ruiz? Holyfield was 40 years old when he lost to him. What does that have to do with a PRIME holyfield?

Comment

It's a little hard to say. I think Holyfield was pound for pound a much higher calibre fighter than anyone currently active at the top level, but back then there wasn't as many huge heavyweights like Wilder, Fury or Joshua. Against the fighters that would have been big heavyweights by today's standards as well as those back then, his record's a little shakier, with him going 1-2 against Bowe and 0-1-1 against Lewis (should have been 0-2) with only the win against Foreman being a decisive win against a high-level big guy. Although obviously it's debatable whether you can compare the current crop of guys against Bowe or Lewis. Regardless of how he'd deal with the current top 3 there's no question in my mind that he'd eat the next rung of contenders down from that alive - the likes of Ortiz, Whyte, Parker or Povetkin just wouldn't be able to hang with the heat he'd bring.

Comment

Simple answer is yes. He would easily be champion.

Comment

thanks for all of the input

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
                  It's a little hard to say. I think Holyfield was pound for pound a much higher calibre fighter than anyone currently active at the top level, but back then there wasn't as many huge heavyweights like Wilder, Fury or Joshua. Against the fighters that would have been big heavyweights by today's standards as well as those back then, his record's a little shakier, with him going 1-2 against Bowe and 0-1-1 against Lewis (should have been 0-2) with only the win against Foreman being a decisive win against a high-level big guy. Although obviously it's debatable whether you can compare the current crop of guys against Bowe or Lewis. Regardless of how he'd deal with the current top 3 there's no question in my mind that he'd eat the next rung of contenders down from that alive - the likes of Ortiz, Whyte, Parker or Povetkin just wouldn't be able to hang with the heat he'd bring.
                  Good post. His record against big men is shaky.

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
                    Im on the fence with this.
                    he would clear out the division

Comment

Working...
                    X