• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesla’s Stock Plummets After It Cuts Price of All Models

"Tesla disappointed the market."

Kristin Houser7 hours ago

Happy New Year?

2019 is not off to a great start for Tesla.
    The federal tax credit U.S. customers receive for buying one of Tesla’s electric vehicles (EVs) dropped from $7,500 to $3,750 on Tuesday. To compensate, Tesla cut the price of all its vehicles by $2,000.
    While the move may please customers, shareholders are apparently less than thrilled: Tesla’s stock fell by more than 9 percent Wednesday morning — a sign that Tesla could be in for another tumultuous year.
    Good…

Based on the state of Tesla’s stock, one might think 2018 ended terribly for the company, but it actually had a solid fourth quarter. According to a press release, Tesla produced 86,555 EVs and delivered 90,700 in Q4 — an 8 percent increase over the company’s previous records in both categories.

And the year as a whole went well, too. Tesla delivered more than 350,000 EVs in 2018, a nearly three-fold increase over the previous year, prompting the company to note in the press release that its “achievements in 2018 likely represent the biggest single-year growth in the history of the automotive industry.”
    But Not Good Enough

The issue is that, while these figures do show positive growth, investors were expecting more.
    “Tesla disappointed the market,” Frank Schwope, an analyst with NORD/LB, told Reuters. “The deliveries are below our estimates and the consensus estimates.”
    The price cut is also an issue for investors, according to Craig Irwin, an analyst with Roth Capital Partners. With it, Tesla confirmed that it relied at least partially on that $7,500 credit to encourage sales — and that’s not something investors want to hear.

“The price cut is what’s driving the stock lower,” he told Reuters, “as it openly acknowledges the sunset of subsidy dollars is a material headwind.”

Ultimately, Tesla is just two days into 2019, and Schwope is already predicting another rough year ahead: “I don’t expect that Tesla operates in the black in 2019.”

https://futurism.com/teslas-stock-plummets-price-cut/

Dang, my brother works for Tesla. Not looking good

Comment

Making cars is hard

Comment

Tesla needs a SUV or a truck, there's a reason GM and Ford are doing away with most car models, SUV and trucks are on fire right now.

Comment

I was an early investor in Tesla and the concern that the company couldn't indefinitely rely on tax credits was always there. I'm not really worried about its longterm future. It needed them to break through but as EVs become a larger market share tax incentives are going to shrink.

"Tesla confirmed that it relied at least partially on that $7,500 credit to encourage sales — and that’s not something investors want to hear." — Then they're either living in denial of simple reality or weren't listening to both the company & all analysts for the past decade. It was reiterated over and over.
          Last edited by ////; 01-02-2019, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
            Tesla needs a SUV or a truck, there's a reason GM and Ford are doing away with most car models, SUV and trucks are on fire right now.
            It would be hard making an electric Truck/SuV..

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
              It would be hard making an electric Truck/SuV..
              Someone posted an electric truck here a few weeks back from some other company, so it's possible, especially from a company that built an electric autonomous semi like Tesla.

They should really consider it, cause cars are a tough sell right now.

Comment

Why did the tax credit decrease? It seems like everytime the Government gets mad at a company or the CEO of the company issues like these arise. I knew something was going to happen after Elon was fined by the SEC. Government didn’t think that was a harsh enough penalty and Elon didn’t show any remorse.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                  Why did the tax credit decrease? It seems like everytime the Government gets mad at a company or the CEO of the company issues like these arise. I knew something was going to happen after Elon was fined by the SEC. Government didn’t think that was a harsh enough penalty and Elon didn’t show any remorse.
                  Trump is in office. The credit was to encourage Ev sales. You know decrease climate change. Trump is against that. So decreSe the credit. I’m certain that I will be eliminated in time.

I doubt tesla needs these credit to be successful. They are fine. Tesla are Fuking everywhere in California. I was just in San Antonio and saw tesla there along with a freshly built dealership and superchargers. I came to San Antonio last year and all the years before Tesla’s inception and never saw Tesla’s. Next year they will be all over Texas.

If they succeed in crazy Texas they will succeed anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                    Someone posted an electric truck here a few weeks back from some other company, so it's possible, especially from a company that built an electric autonomous semi like Tesla.

They should really consider it, cause cars are a tough sell right now.

they are only suitable for local delivery, because of range

and it would require a considerable financial investment for a localized company to commit to electric technology

the SUV market is probably their best bet

I am not interested in the electric movement one little bit, so I hope they fail..... globalist governments will take the opportunity to seize the global warming myth to regulate combustion engines out of existence..... electric technology simply offers much more opportunity for control

it is happening already

Comment

Working...
                    X