Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Koch brothers make $1.4billion from tax cuts they paid $20mil to pass.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REAL TALK] Koch brothers make $1.4billion from tax cuts they paid $20mil to pass.

A new analysis estimates that Charles Koch and David Koch and/or Koch Industries could save between $1 billion and $1.4 billion combined in income taxes each year from the Trump tax law
    Their efforts included town halls, door-to-door canvassing, and television ads—not to mention direct lobbying
    Kochs made securing big tax cuts for themselves and their corporation a key goal for their political network in 2017. The Koch groups spent over $20 million promoting the tax bill that ultimately became law,
    total, the Kochs are planning to inject $300-400 million into the 2018 elections, seeking to defeat those who opposed their tax cuts.
    https://americansfortaxfairness.org/...w-helped-pass/

The bulk of the benefits will go to those who make more than $300,000 a year, according to the non-partisan Tax Policy Center. And, by 2027, those earning less than $75,000 annual will see a tax hike while the cuts for the ultra-rich remain
    Last edited by Furn; 01-27-2018, 07:44 AM.

So as long as I make more than $300K per year, I'm good to go. Thanks for the tax tip!

Comment

Big Pharma and biotech also benefit from the way they use their big money to influence government policy.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Big Pharma and biotech also benefit from the way they use their big money to influence government policy.
          Yup, healthcare industry donated $20 million to Obama campaign in 2008. Big pharma close to a million for Obama and 3/4 million for Hillary. Now we have the biggest opiate problem this country has ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            Yup, healthcare industry donated $20 million to Obama campaign in 2008. Big pharma close to a million for Obama and 3/4 million for Hillary. Now we have the biggest opiate problem this country has ever seen.
            When there are big profits to be made there is a high risk of corruption.

How the American opiate epidemic was started by one pharmaceutical company
            http://theweek.com/articles/541564/h...utical-company

Comment

First and foremost what the hell is your link, american for tax fairness? Sounds like some typical commie bull**** and its layout looks like a highschool kid put it together.

and

Second, I see you are obsessing about other peoples money again. While you're at it, mind telling us how much Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, and every other billionaire will make from these tax cuts? I'm dying to know, because it really affects my day to day life.

Comment

The ROI on "political investments" can be impressive. The system is broken when people can spend money to "promote" bills that would greatly help them.

Comment

I wonder how much 1ba65 and crew got paid to cheerlead on here. For them.

Comment

Originally posted by LaidOut View Post
                    So as long as I make more than $300K per year, I'm good to go. Thanks for the tax tip!
                    I’m with you but having to pay 60-90k in taxes pisses me off when they are saving billions.

Comment

Working...
                    X