No announcement yet.

The only guy in the lower weights that could give Loma competition is Rigo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
    The problem is Rigo doesnt want to move up and wants big money. I mean yes he is very skilled but hes unknown and doesnt draw ****. For us real boxing fans, its a great matchup. If Rigo could move up, I think it could be made but hey...
    Originally posted by BOXEO _ View Post
    Rigo's at 122 isn't he?

He should move up to 126 or 130 in 2017.
    Rigo said he had been trying but coulnd't gain any weight enough to move up. Looks like further that line is impossible without peds for him when it comes to putting muscle.

Comment

Loma and Rigo ALREADY agreed to fight at 126!... It's possible to make this fight.... Arum doesnt want it though...

Comment

I disagree. If they were the same size, perhaps I could agree with you. However, since Lomachenko is naturally wider and stronger than Rigondeaux, I don't think he stands much of a chance.

In addition, as they currently stand; Rigondeaux stands between 5'3 - 5'4 inches tall and weighs only a 122lb where as Lomachenko stands between 5'7 - 5'8 inches and weighs about a 130lb.

That is just too much size differential in the smaller weight classes for one fighter to overcome.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
          I disagree. If they were the same size, perhaps I could agree with you. However, since Lomachenko is naturally wider and stronger than Rigondeaux, I don't think he stands much of a chance.

In addition, as they currently stand; Rigondeaux stands between 5'3 - 5'4 inches tall and weighs only a 122lb where as Lomachenko stands between 5'7 - 5'8 inches and weighs about a 130lb.

That is just too much size differential in the smaller weight classes for one fighter to overcome.
          Gary Russell jr was shorter too. Rigo has reach, speed and tremendous footwork and is the only other 2 time Olympic gold champion out there... Loma isn't just going to impose his size and walk over Rigo.. Rigo's counter left will keep Loma cautious.... I don't know how Loma can take that sneaky punch away.

Comment

Originally posted by Rovi View Post
            Rigo said he had been trying but coulnd't gain any weight enough to move up. Looks like further that line is impossible without peds for him when it comes to putting muscle.
            Yup so this fight is just impossible to make...

Comment

Lomachenko would beat Rigo senseless.

Comment

Rigo would get schooled.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                  Rigo would get schooled.
                  Not as bad as Walters got schooled last night. That was embarrassing. It looked like an Olympian vs. a novice fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
                    Not as bad as Walters got schooled last night. That was embarrassing. It looked like an Olympian vs. a novice fighter.
                    lol agreed...

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      If the numbers are different the scenarios are also different. We're talking ticket and you think selling out 2000 seats is the same as selling 9000 seats and selling no seats is the same as selling 9000 seats.
                      I talked about proportions. I'm not sure if you understand that concept.

Comment

Working...
                      X