No announcement yet.

nutrition help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nutrition help

Can someone give me a workout schedule and diet plan I'm 15 trying to get into shape.

Originally posted by SSFBOXER View Post
    Can someone give me a workout schedule and diet plan I'm 15 trying to get into shape.
    What do you have to work with? A gym? no gym? track? no track?

Comment

I go to a fighting gym

Comment

I can come up with a solid gameplan for you but "getting in shape" is a bit vague and means different things to different people. Are you trying to add muscle? lose weight? Build stamina? or just be healthy enough to not be totally gassed walking up a flight of stairs?

Comment

Be able to go more rounds and lose weight

Comment

A basic workout schedule I can think of is
            Start running Monday - Friday, if you just started working out then do a two minute run. Run straight for two minutes and rest for 60 seconds and do that for ten sets. Every week add the amount you run by 60 seconds until your able to run for 30 minutes straight.
            Another basic workout is doing 10 sets of 10 leg raises, 1 pull up, 10 squats. Rest 60 seconds between each set and add every 5 reps each week and 2 pull ups each week until you can do 10 sets of 50 leg raises,50 squats, and 25 pull ups.
            Boxing workout another basic is 3 rounds on heavy bag,3 rounds double end bag (work on slipping), 3 rounds of sparring or mitts monday Friday.
            For a diet, seek a nutritional because what works for me might not work for you.

Comment

Be able to go more rounds and lose weight
              Building some muscle helps obliterate fat and boosts your metabolism. If you are above the weight you think you should be at try reducing your calorie intake my 300-500 per day. Since you are fighting as I understand you don't want to pack on too much mass and you won't if your intake is down. Add some strength training like body resistance exercises. I don't know your level of fitness or experience so if you are not engaging in intense cardio vascular training get started slow but steady build up to higher levels. As for sparring more rounds, if you are a sprinter you need to run if you are a powerlifter you need to be lifting in the gym so it stands to reason that sparring often and applying a form of progressive overload would work. Take the length of time you can spar now maybe next time shoot for another half a rd or even 1 minute and everytime you spar after push a bit more.

Comment

I don't like running.I just found my jump rope can i use that for cardio like 5 sets of 2min.if so how often should I jump rope?

Comment

I don't like running.I just found my jump rope can i use that for cardio like 5 sets of 2min.if so how often should I jump rope?
                  Try riding a bike than as a sub, for the rope I personally would take no break and work until about 5-6 songs have played on my device. If you need to build up to that its ok to start off with less duration since that is anywhere from 20-25 minutes straight.

Comment

So I can jump rope and build cardio as I would do running and get better to the point that I could go longer

Comment

Working...
                    X