Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mike Coppinger a solid source for boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. He's fair and neutral and doesn't shill for certain promoters like Steve Kim or Fat Dan

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
      Damn thats crazy! Good for him.

Whys he got so many haters tho? Did he like piss off a ton of fans back in the day or something?
      I really like Coppinger. I just think he doesn't despise PBC/Haymon like a lot of boxing commentators so he gets hate. He and Kellerman getting boxing studio shows on FOX and ESPN could be a great deal for the sport.

Comment

Absolutely! One of the best Boxing Insiders currently for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Like the other guy said, his opinions suck. But he's a hard worker when it comes to getting stories. He covers Hockey too. Can't deny his work ethic.
          Why does his opinions suck? Like he just makes bad predictions or something?

I saw some fight fans hate that he was being condescending towards other fight fans or something like that.

I remember someone showed me he was talking down to that Beyond The Gloves chick lol But come on its not like she got where she did with her amazing boxing knowledge right? LOL

I guess I just really wanna know when's the next WBSS fight. last time I wanted to see the last great Japanese fighter everyone here was hyping was Hasegawa and by the time I was able to try to see him fight Montiel derailed that train.

I love quick KO's bro especially the prime Tyson like ones that Inoue's been giving us fight fans.

Comment

I saw some fight fans hate that he was being condescending towards other fight fans or something like that.

I remember someone showed me he was talking down to that Beyond The Gloves chick lol But come on its not like she got where she did with her amazing boxing knowledge right? LOL

I guess I just really wanna know when's the next WBSS fight. last time I wanted to see the last great Japanese fighter everyone here was hyping was Hasegawa and by the time I was able to try to see him fight Montiel derailed that train.

I love quick KO's bro especially the prime Tyson like ones that Inoue's been giving us fight fans.
            He's very condescending. And a lot of his opinions make his sound like a casual fan. He said something really stupid once. I can't remember what it was but it was something Elie Sechback would say. But I like him as far as his news stories.

Comment

Here you go. This is the type of stuff he does

Comment

Is Mike Coppinger a solid source for boxing?

We all saw he was breaking news that the WBSS is in financial trouble and thats why they haven't announced the next rounds of semi finals yet.

Is this guy reliable and trustworthy? Or is he out just to make a name for himself?

I see a lot of fans hate on him for a lot of things mostly all personal stuff but how's his inside sources and reliability on breaking news? like has his past breaking news been reliable and accurate?
                yes he is very credible guy, a lot of blogs and news sites have quoted him.

But now he is signed to Al Haymon and PBC so he might be more bias toward them

Pugmire is the neutral party no dog in the fight and a good source for LA Times
                Last edited by hectari; 12-13-2018, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                  yes he is very credible guy, a lot of blogs and news sites have quoted him.

But now he is signed to Al Haymon and PBC so he might be more bias toward them

Pugmire is the neutral party no dog in the fight and a good source for LA Times
                  yeah I like Lance he's like the only boxing journalist who's not a insecure douche. he's a straight shooter even if it costs him his access and relationships he was one of the few who went hard on Canelo for getting popped for clen.

Comment

yeah I like Lance he's like the only boxing journalist who's not a insecure douche. he's a straight shooter even if it costs him his access and relationships he was one of the few who went hard on Canelo for getting popped for clen.
                    Lance Pugmire is the last real boxing journo, he could have easily taken money to work for Golden boy, top rank, or PBC but he enjoys his job at LA Times.

And when he breaks something its neutral honest and non bias

Coppinger now has bias since he signed with PBC and on FOX

Kevin Iole is a real douchebag always hating on boxing, because he works for UFC

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                      Lance Pugmire is the last real boxing journo, he could have easily taken money to work for Golden boy, top rank, or PBC but he enjoys his job at LA Times.

And when he breaks something its neutral honest and non bias

Coppinger now has bias since he signed with PBC and on FOX

Kevin Iole is a real douchebag always hating on boxing, because he works for UFC
                      Coppinger is signed with the PBC but also writes for Ring TV at the same time. Will be interesting to see how many stories he breaks now, as before being signed to PBC no one was close to him. Well, Pugmire was but Coppinger was still breaking more stories than him.

Comment

Working...
                      X