Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't get excited for Loma-Tank or Loma-Mikey. Al Haymon will block it.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    DAZN isn't in the UK, so that would probably add zero in subscribers terms. That fight doesn't make any sense in america.
    No, what I mean is if the fight the takes place in the UK and airs in the afternoon in the states, how many subscribers is it going to add opposed to the fight taking place prime time in the states?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      In that scenario Arum probably has him vacate the belt. If so , ESPN will find a way to spin it.

True, it is a much different time. I think there is more to gain by having Loma dominate on another network.

I had hoped ESPN getting involved in the sport would be a good thing. Same crap TR did at HBO they are doing on ESPN.
      The thing is, Top Rank NEEDS Lomachenko to fight on ESPN or ESPN+ for ratings. Look at the ratings for his fight this past weekend. Obviously helped from the Heisman Trophy presentation, but good numbers nonetheless. Who else is doing that minus Crawford at TR?

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        No, what I mean is if the fight the takes place in the UK and airs in the afternoon in the states, how many subscribers is it going to add opposed to the fight taking place prime time in the states?
        Thats a catch 22 for DAZN then.

Comment

The thing is, Top Rank NEEDS Lomachenko to fight on ESPN or ESPN+ for ratings. Look at the ratings for his fight this past weekend. Obviously helped from the Heisman Trophy presentation, but good numbers nonetheless. Who else is doing that minus Crawford at TR?
          I see your point. I guess Loma is going to drop the belt then in this scenario. I sure hope not.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            Thats a catch 22 for DAZN then.
            I mean I don't think so. They just put the fight in NY or somewhere. Lomachenko draws well so that isn't going to be a problem.

This is ALL about DAZN, very little about giving Crolla the best chance to win.

I mentioned this MONTHS ago during the Wilder/Joshua negotiations, but to me one of the hold ups were the DAZN factor. Hearn knew he couldn't put that fight on DAZN right at the launch as no one in America knew about the product and he preferred pushing that fight to 2019. This way he could sell DAZN for five or six months and then put the Joshua/Wilder fight there adding crazy amount of subscribers. To me that was a underrated factor that very few people, if any, talked about back in June/July.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
              You can't be serious. Everyone is calling for tank. **** tank is talking about Loma now.
              People are saying tank is the one to beat Loma so let's go!
              Hahaha! No YOU can't be serious. Who the **** is talking about Tank? They didn't mention him once as a potential opponent for Loma during the Pedraza fight. Tank might have shown something once, but now he's too busy eating BurgerKing and partying with Broner. He's not serious about fighting anymore

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                I see your point. I guess Loma is going to drop the belt then in this scenario. I sure hope not.
                Lomachenko said he wants to be undisputed but let's see what happens. That will be the true test of how much TR is willing to send their guys to other networks. There is a reason anytime you hear about Crawford or Lomachenko fighting a PBC fighter or any other fighter, it is THEM coming to ESPN and not the other way around. The most they are willing to bend is dual PPV shows which they damn well know isn't likely unless it is a mega event.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                  The PBC side has done an effective job for years deflecting blame to other promoters
                  PBC doesn't even got a mouthpiece to deflect blame for any of these alleged fights you say they stopped from happening. What are you even talking about? Show me some examples of PBC deflecting blame?

Comment

Floyd didn't really want that fight, he just wanted to mess with Tank after he supposedly slept with Floyd's daughter.

As for Top Rank making fights with other promoters? Sure, as long as other promoters send their guys to their network. Only time they fight elsewhere is if they lose a purse bid. Want to see TC or Lomachenko? Then you have to come to ESPN. Sorry, but Spence/TC or Garcia/Lomachenko doesn't warrant a split PPV. Neither fight is big enough for that. You can do that with MEGA events like Tyson/Lewis and Mayweather/Pacquiao, but for those two fights? Not happening.

What will be interesting is if Lomachenko/Crolla goes to purse bid. What will Arum do if they lose that bid and the fight has to take place on DAZN? Actually rooting for that scenario.
                    This is more on point with Bud's & Loma's problems getting their bigger fights out there. Their promoter doesn't wanna share the ball & loves to bean count aka low ball mfers. Thats a sure strategy to fights not happening or fights not happening as soon as they should. And sh^t man thats how its always been with Bob. This is how he does business.

PBC is just countering him well with giving him bs 3rd tier mfers to fight cuz Bob has painted himself into a corner with always wanting to be lead promoter without paying fighters their value. Can't have it both ways. You need to spend money to make the big fights or you need to let other mfers run the show more often.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      This is more on point with Bud's & Loma's problems getting their bigger fights out there. Their promoter doesn't wanna share the ball & loves to bean count aka low ball mfers. Thats a sure strategy to fights not happening or fights not happening as soon as they should. And sh^t man thats how its always been with Bob. This is how he does business.

PBC is just countering him well with giving him bs 3rd tier mfers to fight cuz Bob has painted himself into a corner with always wanting to be lead promoter without paying fighters their value. Can't have it both ways. You need to spend money to make the big fights or you need to let other mfers run the show more often.
                      Top Rank is a business and they do what is best for them. Just don't think it is accurate on how they are willing to work others when it comes down to those other promoters sending their guys to ESPN. Let ESPN send one of their A-siders to another network and then I will become a believer. And I'm not saying Haymon will do the same, just pointing that there is very little difference between the two.

GBP on the other hand? They truly seem willing to send some of their best guys elsewhere. Obviously won't send Canelo, but they shouldn't as he is the ultimate A side.

Comment

Working...
                      X