Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin Aims To Decide Career Direction By Year's End

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He had one hell of a run though if does decide to call it quits by years end. He is a future Hall of Famer. It's just a real shame and tragedy how his career got derailed by the political and corrupt side of the sport of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
      A fight against Brant might not go so well for GGG.
      I agree. That fight would be all wrong for GGG at this stage of his career. Perhaps 6 years earlier but not now. That kid throws too many punches. He'll beat GGG up. He's too big, too strong, too fast and too young for Golovkin.

Comment

Gotta avoid vegas. And WBC.

Comment

Wonder if he's going to call it a day

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
            No blog author. Gennady is 1-1-1 with his win over JMW conqueror Vanes Mariirtrosyann - you may forget him because he was retired before and after the fight and took the bout on 2-3 weeks notice....that was May, 2018
            Thought I was the only one who noticed. Writer actually wrote the same thing from a previous article a few weeks back.

Comment

Canelo already made that decision for g. g is going to retire, hire a good lawyer, and hope to god his being white is enough to keep him for being deported.

We've all seen the pictures and video of g after the last fight. No one has seen g since then. It is because he had to have reconstructive surgery. That is what g's own trainer Abel Sanchez said. I cannot see any state giving him a license and allowing him to be in a professional boxing match anytime soon. And if he leaves the country to fight, he won't be allowed back in the U.S. That is why g is dragging this out so bad. The longer he goes without announcing his retirement, the longer he doesn't have to worry about being deported.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiowhatta View Post
                It's incredible how quickly GGG has faded into the background along with the usual naysayers calling him a 'hype job'.
                I am just guessing here, and knowing DAZN is backed up by two large parent companies, but I wonder how much they are hoping Golovkin can be lured into a lucrative third fight?

If I were GGG, I would sign on to fight Canelo a third time, but only if the fight was held either in Europe or even in Kazakhstan giving Golovkin his turn to be the hometown fighter.

If Canelo refuses, or more to the point GBP's refuses, then GGG should wipe his hands of those scumbags and go for the plenty of fights available at 160. The big problem is promotional.

Finally, Sanchez needs to go. In his fights with Canelo GGG threw under 20 punches to the body and regularly let Alvarez off the hook.

The right trainer/manager knows how to deal with those problems, but Sanchez is the kind of trainer who is all about transforming oneself for your opponent.
                You do know Canelo is from MEXICO??? Hometown fighter woukd be a fight in Mexico fyi. It would sale out in Mexico City.

Also Einstein doesnt GGG walk around screaming MexiCAN style to anyone that would listen???

I mean HOLY SHT!!! He did a fight with some Armanian on Cinco De Mayo and called it "Mexican Style".

I dont even have to wonder but Im pretty sure your still crying robbery and gave GGG probably all 24 rounds with some 10-8 rounds for good measure.

Comment

Originally posted by johnbook View Post
                  Gotta avoid vegas. And WBC.
                  Why??? Maybe not miss 1,130 punches and only land 15 body punches and youll have a better shot of winning???

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    LMAO

Canelo decided the direction of Golovkin's career in September

Man CLOWNS that dont even know how to score a fight are STILL crying robbery???

Remind me the last time someone won a fight missing 645 times and only landing 6 BODY punches. Pretty much only throwing a weak back footed jab all night with almost ZERO combos thrown???

Ohhh and RAN out the ring CRYING, his OWN trainer said he lost, AND he looked like an extra from the show The Walking Dead?

While the other guy looked like he barely was even hit and went CLUBBING right after the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
                      DAZN makes the most sense. Way more options and proabably the most money. Also that possible 3rd fight with Canelo. Espn has nobody besides Brant and Ramirez. SHowtime has no one at 160 besides Jermall. Should be a no brainer.

Call me crazy but I believe were gonna soon see a snowball effect of fighters jumpin on the DAZN wagon. My hope is that they get a better commentator crew. So far there hasn't been an big match ups but if we do see better fights the commentary is a big part of what makes some of the fights exciting
                      I have a feeling he will go with espn cuz he, his team & his fans are a bunch of #Twinkies.

Comment

Working...
                      X