Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does a unified champion with 4 belts in 22 fights get called a duck?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
    While neither side exactly covered themselves in glory during the failed negotiations for the fight, Hearn was by far the most obstructionist and seemed to make himself deliberately difficult to deal with, and it was blatantly obvious that he was just stalling for time until the WBA mandated the Povetkin fight, ie. the one Hearn clearly wanted to actually make all along. Early on he just kept making these bizarre and insulting offers, kept insulting Wilder's promoters, ignoring all attempts by the other side to communicate etc. etc. when at the end of the day the sensible deal to make was staring everybody in the face since day 1, ie. Wilder takes something between 30 and 40 percent and the fight gets staged at Wembley some time in September. I don't know if it's because he was genuinely afraid of Joshua losing to Wilder or if he wanted the DAZN deal to go through first, but neither is a satisfactory explanation for weaseling out of a fight that was highly in demand for boxing fans around the world and could have and should have easily been made. Obviously you could say that that's just Hearn and that you can't really blame Joshua for it, and I don't think Joshua is scared of Wilder or anything like that, but he wasn't exactly proactive in pursuing the fight and I just get the sense that he does what Hearn tells him.
    How can wilder be insulted when hez offered X7 of his regular.
    The brother is still earning 1.5mil just for the reminder.

Comment

• Originally posted by CrowsNestWest View Post
      It's not AJ's fault that Barry Hearn has said clearly he doesn't want him t fight Wilder yet. It ain't his fault that Refs have helped pad his KO %. It ain't his fault he beat 42YO Wlad, but also got knocked down by 42YO Wlad. It's not his fault that Eddie Hearn turned down the 50mil (Wilder proved he had the 50mil). Ain't AJ's fault he got his belts through a C Class Charles Martin. It ain't his fault that the only reason Parker lost to him was not throwing enough punches, but regardless of if it's his fault or not, I ain't seen him fight the scary HWs. Jarrell Miller, Wilder, Ortiz. None of 'em. 39YO Povetkin doesn't count either. It's unrealistic to say AJ is ducking Wilder, but it's almost obvious that Matchroom Boxing is.
      Barry's advice is exactly that, it has no definitive effect over what Eddie and AJ do.

1 early stoppage to with Takam who was being smashed around like nothing, getting dropped and all, you couldn't guarantee him surving the rest of the fight with a knockout looking more likely. Takam is also still better than 38 of Wilders opponents.

41 year old Wlad was way more game than he was for Fury fight and a better win than Ortiz by far, and would still probably beat most current top HW's right now.

What ATG did Wilder fight to get his belt, I think I missed it?

Ortiz is older than Povetkin so why would he count not count.

Bahaha Miller 'one of the scary HW's', ludicrous, he's only scary if he's in front of you at an all you can eat buffet and you're hungry.

Wilders team wouldn't meat AJ to seal the deal and provide the details to get their deal because they couldn't be bothered to have one meeting.

"The only reason Parker lost to him is because he didn't throw enough punches" Dumbest thing I've ever heard, might as well just say if he didn't lose he'd have won, AJ wasn't exactly throwing 'punches in bunches' either. Plus chances are the more he trades the more likely he would've get clipped by a big shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        And Showtime has the rights to Wilder's fights. But if he accepted Hearn's offer, Hearn would own the promotion and could shop the fight. Since Wilder is the B-side, he had to seek Showtime's permission to take a fight off Showtime since Hearn refused to allow Showtime to match the highest offer.

And if AJ had accepted Wilder's offer, Wilder's side would own the promotion and could shop the fight. Since AJ is the A-side, Wilder's side agreed the fight could be on Sky as long as they paid fair market value.

I know this is all gibberish to you because you don't know anything about making fights. But please, by all means, enjoy AJ's fights. Be a fan. Are you a boxing fan or are you a promoter? Why are you pretending to understand how any of this works?
        Don't be a jerk, wilder never made any offer. The brother was mere playing on twitter like my teenage cousin.

An offer means you send a contract across. Everytime you claim to have knowledge of the sport and everytime you write foolishly. Am sorry to say.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Keane View Post
          AJ has the best resume of the heavies by far and is no.1 in the world. Men lie, women lie numbers don’t....
          Pure fact undiluted.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeGoodland View Post
            Dude, good work in presenting the other side. I think there are a few things that Anti-Joshua/Hearn posters never put in the same post...

1. Some people always say that the $50m was real and that Eddie Hearn CONFIRMED that the money was there
            BUT
            2. They will happily then say to any post that is either neutral or presents a counter argument that quotes Hearn that 'Hearn talks rubbish' or 'You can never believe what that snake Hearn' says.
            AND
            WBC WBA IBF is always banging that drum. So I wouldn't let it get to you.

Boxing is boxing. Posters like WBC WBA IBF don't represent what we are all here for.
            You got that line perfectly. He wants people to believe that singular line that Eddie and AJ confirmed the money was there but at the same time want people to still believe Eddie is a snake, you shouldn't believe anything he says.

I always laugh at him because it's like shooting oneself on the foot.

Hez a recognized lier on this forum. Everybody knows him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
              wilder never made any offer. The brother was mere playing on twitter like my teenage cousin.
              Your claim has already been debunked. An offer was emailed. That's been confirmed by all involved. You're the only one claiming an offer was never emailed.

An offer means you send a contract across.
              That's a lie. You don't send a contract until basic terms have been agreed to. Until you get a green light on the term sheet, you don't go to contract. You're a fan on a message board and have no idea what's customary in negotiating fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
                If the offer was real, why were they running from meeting?
                Because there's nothing to meet about if AJ changed his mind about wanting $50 million.

Why is Warren and BT sport coming up with the money as claimed by the large part of the media?
                Because the media just parrots whatever Hearn says. All Warren did was help PBC determine what the fight was worth in the UK. There's no other way to keep Sky honest.

Why didnt they send a contract instead of twitter offer behind a mobile phone?
                A term sheet was emailed, which is customary. A contract wasn't sent, because the term sheet was turned down.

Comment

• lolol@all the UK/EE fanboys out here still defending AJ...when lennox, froch and parker all said AJ dont want to fight wilder now.....but they still out here in denial...its amazing to watch really

Comment

• Originally posted by CrowsNestWest View Post
                    1. Eddie Hearn turned down the 50 mil Wilder prooved he had
                    2. Barry Hearn said publicly he doesn't want AJ to fight Wilder yet
                    3. Brits get more hype, and more attention earlier in their careers
                    4. 38YO Luis Ortiz is a much fresher fighter than 42YO Wlad. There's no evidence that AJ vs Ortiz is not a 50-50 fight.

4. AJ has been gifted a handful of early stoppages (Takam)
                    All of Wilder's KOs are real KOs or TKOs.

5. AJ is considering fighting a Cruiserweight for his 2nd fight of 2019.
                    You are pretty good in lining up excuses why wilder didn't have a good resume.

You are as dumb as wilder thinking he will attract over 2mil ppv's.

Comment

• Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
                      Many promoters admit that sending a contract knowing it wont be accepted is a way of ducking a fight and saving face.
                      Hahahahaha..... Receiving a contract that is far higher than what you av made in half your fights and didn't sign is what many promoters call duck.

Comment

Working...
                      X