Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(SERIOUS) To any fellow Black posters have you ever thought about visting Africa??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
    Im asking because Id love to just a spend summer there learning the history, tasting the food, going to museums, going on Safari tours, helping out with aid etc.

Its always something I wanted to do.
    Do you know which country your ancestors are from? As a black man who grew up in a white country, I can tell you that visiting Africa was a great experience. Just walking down the street looking at the people, the billboards, the magazines, and seeing nothing but black faces was a great feeling. If you're part of the racial majority in your country, you experience that on a daily basis so only people from minorities can understand what I mean.

Every man should learn about his roots and the culture of his ancestors. You don't have to like it and it doesn't define you as a person, but it's something you should know so just go for it man.

A whole summer is quite long though, you might get bored after a while. People over there live at a slower pace.

Comment

No....I havent

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
        No....I havent
        Good post! :boobies:

Comment

No cable, Xbox, clean running water, vibram fivefingers. HELL NO!

Comment

You cant very well visit South Africa and say you visited Africa. Take your ass to real Africa countries like Zimbabwe, Sudan, Somalia, Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Niger, Chad, Guinea, Congo, Angola, Central African Republic, or Burundi. See what the real Africa has to offer and then come back and talk.

Comment

You can also add Uganda to my list of wonderful African countries to visit.

Comment

Originally posted by badblood View Post
                You cant very well visit South Africa and say you visited Africa. Take your ass to real Africa countries like Zimbabwe, Sudan, Somalia, Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Niger, Chad, Guinea, Congo, Angola, Central African Republic, or Burundi. See what the real Africa has to offer and then come back and talk.
                how can they come back and talk? they would most likely be dead if they visited them countries

Comment

Originally posted by Bastolio+ View Post
                  how can they come back and talk? they would most likely be dead if they visited them countries
                  Exactly my point.

Comment

yes i have thought about it

Comment

i would love to go back to Africa and visit my people and learn all about them,some of my family come from Congo but i get scared about the stories i hear.
                      Fellow tribesman eating people,human sacrifices,voodoo magic,rituals and that's just the start.
                      hopefully one day ill be brave enough to go home and experience some of the good stuff.
                      anybody else heard similar stories from their family members and friends?do share

Comment

Working...
                      X