Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hurd's Plan: Make Mandatory Defense, Fight Lara, Then Charlo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hurd's Plan: Make Mandatory Defense, Fight Lara, Then Charlo

NEW YORK Jarrett Hurd heard Jermell Charlo call him out loud and clear. If Hurd could map out his foreseeable future, though, he is three fights away from challenging Charlo in a 154-pound championship unification fight. Following his technical knockout victory over Austin Trout on Saturday night, Hurd said his plan is to make a mandatory defense of his IBF junior middleweight title against Cedric Vitu, beat Erislandy Lara in title unification fight and then face Charlo.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I hope the idea isn't to marinate this one too long. It is not a mega fight but a very good fight that will garner a lot of interest. No reason why they cannot do it next.

Comment

Smart move taking Lara first but I could see Lara beating hurd by UD. Jermell would KO hurd. Lions Only!

Comment

I get having to fight your mandatory but I'd go with charlo first. Lara is all wrong for him and will probably stink his way to a ud. Only person I'm interested in Lara fighting is andrade and that's because there's bad blood there

Comment

I would prefer he fights Charlo after his mandatory, let Lara come over here and fight one of our champ for the other belt and the winners can all fight for the four belts.

Comment

After seeing how Trout's left hand was landing at will, I can only imagine Lara's left hand...

Comment

I think Lara is a good fight for Hurd. Lara isn't active enough to keep him from coming forward, and the pressure alone would probably be good enough to "sway" the judges into taking Lara's belt away. That definitely sets up the Charlo fight. If not go to Charlo first after mandatory because both of these guys are main event fighters and Lara certainly is not that

Comment

I've seen Lara have trouble with pressure fighters that arent as strong as Hurd (Molina and Angulo) so I give the kid a decent chance at winning that

Comment

Hurd needs a decent trainer. Moving forward. Like Robert Garcia or Joel Diaz to teach him defense & to box (manny steward would’ve been perfect) Trout exposed him.

Comment

I think he will have an easier time with Lara. I doubt Lara fights him next so I guess it will be Charlo. Hopefully he steps up and take that fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X