Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So does DJ have iron chin or ggg power hype?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Jacobs is chinny. Although he was fine last night. GGG hurt him about as bad as Mora did. You have to ask yourself how many power punches did GGG really land on the button, I didn't see many. And most of the one's landed, Jacobs took steam away from them by moving away just time to not get hit full impact. Jacobs outlanded GGG in power punches. We were seeing more of Jacobs landing on GGG than GGG landing on Jacobs, as far as telling blows go. GGG was focusing on jabs, so we saw more jabs land for GGG.

Jacobs boxed in the best way he could've in terms of avoiding GGG's power punches and just limiting him to landing jabs.

He's a chinny boxer who avoided getting hit against a puncher. Good for him, hopefully he does that in every fight for the rest of his career so he could minimize the amount of times he gets hurt.
    what lol. jacobs punches were hitting ggg's guard. ggg was landing flush on jacobs face. i swear some people will make up anything. jacobs fought a good fight but it was more of a flash and dazzle fight to try and get the judges attention. the clean quality punches were coming from ggg.
    Last edited by daggum; 03-19-2017, 01:16 PM.

Comment

He has power and it's isn't overrated. His boxing skills were overrated.

Comment

As several industry have said...it was strategical matchmaking that made Golovkin look like hype. Wade? Can we be honest that boxer was not active nor hungry to win during his seasonal house arrest... from the training videos looking unmotivated... imo I guess Haymon had no control over the alternative choosing since Tureano Johnson went injured.

Tureano Johnson has been quiet over anything 160 related... dude probably took an undisclosed step aside fee and claimed an injury.

Lemeiux unfortunately has no reach game compared to Golovkin. I mean Jacobs had trouble with reach at times. That's how good Gennady is in diping out defensively. Lemieux is a close range power slugger with hooks. Where's the reach in that.

Monroe Jr., if he didn't have 6 KOs to his name the probability of them not fighting would've been high.

But since Golovkin had no choice but to fight the second best middleweight we saw the result.

Golovkin vs Jacobs II should be salvation for K2 at least with PPV. Gennady had to win his next bout by KO as Jacobs as well. I predict 250k PPV for Jacobs Golovkin II

Comment

Stevens got dropped in round 2 and survived 6 more rounds, Murray was dropped in the 4th round went 7 more rounds, Lemieux round 5 went 3 more, Monroe round 2 went 4 more, Ouma went 10 rounds with him eating his punches.

This is a pattern that has repeated itself just as it did last night, he's a severely limited plodder that looks to land 1 big shot at a time.

Comment

Rubio came in heavy against GGG the added weight didn't help he got knocked out.Jacobs punch resistance is good Pirog hit him with a punch he didn't see.Golovkin put Jacobs down he wasn't hurt similar to the Mora KD.Most of Golovkin knockouts are TKO's he's a good puncher not a great puncher

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              He has power and it's isn't overrated. His boxing skills were overrated.
              I don't know why people can't figure this out. Of course he has power but we have seen time after time boxing skills can take a fighters power away. And once that happens he is very limited and unable to adjust. He's always been hit way too much but got KO's so people just gloss over those holes and weaknesses of his. against bums you can get away with this. Against better fighters who have some skills this is what he looks like.

Comment

You gotta remember the same people said Ward didn't have a good chin because Boone knocked him down. The same Boone that knocked Kovalev down several times. Now no one says Ward has a weak chin.

Comment

When you are having trouble landing clean its only natural to take some steam off your shots to find more accuracy.

Even still GG dropped Jacobs without landing particularly clean in the 4th and hurt him in the 9th.

Power punching is a skill in its own right. If you cant apply that skill for whatever reason then your shots wont carry the weight they usually do. I think its well established by now that GG hits damn hard for an average sized MW.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                    How about neither?

It was a close fight between two quality fighters, in which GGG outboxed Jacobs in a close but clear decision.

Not everything is binary, pretend otherwise and it will go from educating you, to ridiculing you in a hurry. Fair warning.

Comment

A combination of things.

DJ came in big and executed a great fight plan. Giod foot work, Jabbed well, created distance, pick and choose his battles well and wasn't afraid to clinch when necessary.

I think ggg is declining also, it would be an injustice to do say is was mostly that, it was mostly dj, but how much, nor sure, but do think ggg is fading a bit.

Comment

Working...
                      X