Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesus Christ The forth Kind is soooooo ****in bad.

How the fuk can anyone believe anything about that film. Major fail. Blair Witch did it 10 years ago.

Comment

• "Poltergiest"

this movie is an early 80s horror film that won 2 oscars for it's special effects and haunting score. It's about a close knit happy go lucky family who live in the suburbs when an evil force starts haunting their youngest daughter. When the little girl disappears they cant tell anyone because they are afraid of looking insane so they call paranormal experts to help get the little girl back and clear the house of the evil presence. \

This movie is great in every way, for an early 80's film the special effects were great, acting is ok, story is amazing. A must see film for anyone

Rocco Rating 9 out of 10

Comment

• "National Geographic: Inside North Korea"

This is a 50 minute long documentary on a group of national geographic people going into North Korea in a way undercover as they follow an eye doctor who is granted permission to enter the country for 10 days to do over 1000 cateract surgerys on North Koreans. They are led around to see only what the north korean guides are allowed to show them which is the beautiful places and parks and to see only the nicest houses and most hard followers of the Kim Jung Il regime and are not granted access to see the real north korea with prison camps and famished points where women men and children are starved daily because only the hardest worshipers can get the supplies. It also goes to show how much fear is in these people due to the leadership. Very good documentary and sometimes documentarys get boring and you lose interest but not this one.

Rocco Rating 8 out of 10

Comment

• Originally posted by aristotlemoses View Post
          donnie darko might be the most over rated movie of all time I think. I don't get why people nutted over it. And not cause I don't get it. Just tried to hard.
          probably. I didn't like it, saw it one time, what a trip. I thought I was on drugs watching that weird movie. Never again.

Btw Rocco you have like 30 reviews it seems, more or less, are these all movies you've seen recently or from a lifetime?

Comment

• Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
            probably. I didn't like it, saw it one time, what a trip. I thought I was on drugs watching that weird movie. Never again.

Btw Rocco you have like 30 reviews it seems, more or less, are these all movies you've seen recently or from a lifetime?
            To answer your question, these are just the movies, documentary's, and some series I have seen since I started posting in this thread back around mid to late July. Some of the movies I have seen more than once but have watched either a few days before or just finished before I wrote my rating.

I dont know when you see movies years ago you remember only bits and pieces, you forget the story and when watching them again after all these years it gives me a whole new view about it. Like a scary movie that I was petrified to watch when I was younger "Lady in White" I will be recieving in about a week just to watch it again and see what made me so scared.

By the way after my next 2 reviews I will have reviewed 74! I'll be having to make my upcoming 100th a massive celebration event! Everyone will be welcome!!...........

except Gorilla Dogs

Comment

• Originally posted by S.G. View Post
              Lol Fourth Kind is fake too.
              me and a couple of homies watched this movie and thought with the footage and all it should at least have "some" truth to it

one of my homies was so intrigued he started showing it to everybody and researching the events in alaska by gathering articles and ****....he eventually found out the producers fabricated the footage

the movie is good though...especially if u dont know about the footage

7/10 for panda

Comment

• "National Geographic: Inside the Secret Service"

So just finished this documentary and it was very well made as most National Geographic stuff is. It goes inside well as you see in the title the Secret Service of the United States. It gives you a nice break down of how they came about, their many uses in todays world as well as the past generations. This documentary although going into alot of different things they do but is based primarily on the Presidential Team and how they plan trips and daily events for the President focusing on an event at an arena where Bush spoke at a graduation.

Overall this is a good documentary it covered alot of ground and showed great vintage footage of former presidents and their coverage. Very good interviews with current and former Secret Service Members. It did a good job as well in the not telling alot of details on certain things for instance the motorcade vehicles used and what the armor is and how good it protects and airforce one and a few other things. But what do you expect when your watching a film about well "Secret Service"

Rocco Rating 6.5 out of 10

Comment

• "National Geographic: China's Lost Girls"

This film goes deep into the heart of China and their strict laws against having more than 1 child and their belief that boys are more important because they carry on the family name, working and making more money, and staying with his aging parents. And where women grow up get married and leave so they are of no importance, so they are aborted, abandoned, sold, and even killed.

Many are put into orphanages and where this film takes us. It takes us into many family's lives where they are going to pick up their new daughter from China that they have never seen or met other than from a picture sent to them many months before. It shows how these girls that were adopted from an orphanage and how they grow up happier in america this coming first hand from the chinese women and families who had these children and the doctors and everyday people in China.

Well made movie, good footage, gave me some more knowledge into a subject I really didnt have alot of insight on.

Rocco Rating 7 out of 10

Comment

• "The Machinist"

This movie stars Christian Bale as a machinist with insomnia who begins seeing things that noone else see's but to him are real. He struggles to get to the bottom of it but are these people real or is it just his tired and worn out self?

Normally I'm not a fan of Christian Bale dont like him as Batman or even John Connor from Terminator Salvation. But I will say he did a great job with this film truly playing the part making himself go from a normal 180 + lbs to 120lbs for this movie. His acting was good and he wasnt trying so hard as he shows in other films. The first 45 minutes were rather slow hard to follow then you hit half way point and you start to figure things out with a bit of a faster pace.

Rocco Rating 7 out of 10

Comment

• "National Geographic: Aryan Brotherhood"

This is a documentary that takes you inside the prison walls with the prison systems most notorious gang "the Aryan Brotherhood" who's saying is "Blood In and Blood Out" meaning you have to kill someone to get in, and be killed to get out.

Jailhouse interviews and surveillance footage reveal how this white supremacist prison gang has managed to dominate the drug and extortion trades behind maximum security bars nation wide.

Rocco Rating 7 out of 10

Comment

Working...
                      X