Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why are brits so paranoid that americans hate them...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why are brits so paranoid that americans hate them...

brits think americans will hype there own and hate on them purposely to bring a brit down.......remember when the lewis-holyfield I decision was announced in new york......everyone booed

the only one i agree on is the laughable hype given to kelly pavlik last year, that he would beat calzaghe.......most dumb americans dont even hype fighters unless they like them personally, aka nonthreatening types that dont say anything back....like sweet ray leonard.......but even shane mosley got booed entering the margarito fight in his hometown which was a disgrace

but the same can be said about brits who hyped that chump ricky hatton, just because he seems like a nice regular bloke

not to knock on joe calzaghe, but his diehard fans like to believe americans were behind peter manfrendo lol.......and jeff lacy wasnt loved by americans it was mostly media hype because they were looking for another mike tyson

Count the number of Calzaghe haters vs Calzaghe Nuthuggers it's 20-1 in the haters favour.

There are probably 3 calzaghe nuthuggers on the cite.

As for us as a nation, well you should consider we have to put up with Dynamite kid and The C.E.O making 20 hate posts a day, it's bound to make us a little defencive.

Lacy was overhyped by American media and boxing fans alike, Calzaghe was given as much chance to win as Pinoy's give Hatton.

Comment

Originally posted by hammerhiem View Post
      Count the number of Calzaghe haters vs Calzaghe Nuthuggers it's 20-1 in the haters favour.

As for us as a nation, well you should consider we have to put up with Dynamite kid and The C.E.O making 20 hate posts a day, it's bound to make us a little defencive.

Lacy was overhyped by American media and boxing fans alike, Calzaghe was given as much chance to win as Pinoy's give Hatton.

im not gonna lie....i thought calzaghe would be asleep the moment Lacy landed a left hook

Comment

I can't for the life of me figure out why the two sides have friction. I'm as American as Abe Lincoln... but I think the U.K. kicks ass. I've never spent much time in England, other than Heathrow (which was a nightmare)... but I've spent time in Scotland and Northern Ireland... I love The States... but the U.K. rocks too... Before anyone knocks it, they really need to visit.

Comment

Hatton is not a chump.. He will beat the Pacman!! About Calzaghe I thnik he just hanged his gloves a little bit soon but he has done great things in the ring

Comment

Originally posted by nathan_nall View Post
            I can't for the life of me figure out why the two sides have friction. I'm as American as Abe Lincoln... but I think the U.K. kicks ass. I've never spent much time in England, other than Heathrow (which was a nightmare)... but I've spent time in Scotland and Northern Ireland... I love The States... but the U.K. rocks too... Before anyone knocks it, they really need to visit.
            Most people that have, seem to moan a lot about the weather

Comment

Originally posted by hammerhiem View Post
              It won't surprise people that you can't perform basic maths.

See above. Also it's: 'site'. Your welcome.

You speak for your entire nation now, how great. Dynamite kid is a Calzaghe hater like you, and pretty fond of American fighters so I'll defend that odd attack on him. So why you just listed him I don't know, shows you just say things for the sake of it without much to back it up. Also, why note Americans are defensive, the thread title itself is clearly about Britain's being paranoid about hatred from the US, not about Americans reactions or behaviour. I didn't think it was possible, but you just got thicker.

Good day now.
              Last edited by Kris Silver; 02-06-2009, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Thats the second time today i've been called a Cal hater lol I think thats; Hater 2 - 4 Hugger. I wish you guys would make up your mind.

Cite is interweb speak numpty.

Also i'm english not American so why
                why note Americans are defensive, the threat title is clearly about Britains being paranoid about hatred, not the Americans.
                ?? Reading clearly > You.

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
                  Most people that have, seem to moan a lot about the weather
                  I got lucky in Edinburgh the last time I was there... out of 10 days, only one was foul.... Sunshine the rest of the time.

Comment

Working...
                  X