Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NASA Q&A About The 2012 Rumors(To Those Who Are Paranoid About 2012)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Shen View Post
    alright fine but do you think they can leave ben affleck on the asteroid this time?
    Provided the asteroid doesn't bring him back to earth, I don't see why not.

BTW, did Ubuntu workout for you?

Comment

Hopefully all the geeks will now stop making all these ridiculous videos about 2012 on youtube.

Comment

Very interesting read enjoyed that....

That 2012 is a load of bollocks...

Comment

Originally posted by The Scientist View Post
          Provided the asteroid doesn't bring him back to earth, I don't see why not.

had a problem trying to dual boot it with windows i gave up and got windows 7 havnt had any problems yet but ive been thinking about doing a reformat and reinstall of windows 7 but first i would have to re-oraganize 600gig of movies onto 4 other hard drives.

though if i do clean it off i might try installing ubuntu for alittle while see how it does before i eventually go back to windows 7.

im gonna get to work on that and let you know how everything works.

Comment

I tried it out and my problem now is i have 2 sound cards well i have 1 but i have hdim on my graphics and i want to be able to watch movies on my tv using my tv speakers at the same time im listening to music or watching something on youtube. so what i do in windows was set vlc up to use my hdmi and set the defult for everything else my sound card but for some reason vlc wont play through my hdmi when i set it up to it still plays through the default sound card even though its set to play through hdmi....though i can set the hdmi to default and set vlc to play through the sound card and that works but that dosnt help me listen to music on my head phones and watch movies with my tv speakers.

so right now ive been looking for a good music program that i can set to play through my sound card or even better a video player that i can set to play through my tv. i found a program called amarok that plays movies and music and i can set the to play where i want them but i think because its not made for gnome or something it dosnt work right and kind of just scans the music really fast and dosnt play anything.

so i think im gonna try out kubuntu and see what problems i have with that.

Comment

I tried it out and my problem now is i have 2 sound cards well i have 1 but i have hdim on my graphics and i want to be able to watch movies on my tv using my tv speakers at the same time im listening to music or watching something on youtube. so what i do in windows was set vlc up to use my hdmi and set the defult for everything else my sound card but for some reason vlc wont play through my hdmi when i set it up to it still plays through the default sound card even though its set to play through hdmi....though i can set the hdmi to default and set vlc to play through the sound card and that works but that dosnt help me listen to music on my head phones and watch movies with my tv speakers.

so right now ive been looking for a good music program that i can set to play through my sound card or even better a video player that i can set to play through my tv. i found a program called amarok that plays movies and music and i can set the to play where i want them but i think because its not made for gnome or something it dosnt work right and kind of just scans the music really fast and dosnt play anything.

so i think im gonna try out kubuntu and see what problems i have with that.
              Amarok is probably the best program you're going to find for what you want to do. Although, it is specifically made for KDE, it can be used on GNOME, but not without some inconsistencies. Some computers, with certain hardware specifications, don't experiece issues at all. I forgot to ask what your computers hardware specs were before making a recommendation.

Kubuntu will probably cover your needs, since it shouldn't experience any compatibility issues with Amarok. Just make sure you try to install it from the Synaptic Package Manager first, and make sure you have all the plugins that it requires. System>Administration>SPM. Only resort to looking for a link on the internet if installing directly from the interface is not feasible.

Comment

Amarok is probably the best program you're going to find for what you want to do. Although, it is specifically made for KDE, it can be used on GNOME, but not without some inconsistencies. Some computers, with certain hardware specifications, don't experiece issues at all. I forgot to ask what your computers hardware specs were before making a recommendation.

Kubuntu will probably cover your needs, since it shouldn't experience any compatibility issues with Amarok. Just make sure you try to install it from the Synaptic Package Manager first, and make sure you have all the plugins that it requires. System>Administration>SPM. Only resort to looking for a link on the internet if installing directly from the interface is not feasible.
                yeah kubuntu sucks as well.amongst other things when i go to activate my graphics driver it dosnt do anything. very annoying and amarok wont play music now it does the same quick scanning bah humbug perhaps xubuntu will work

since im having the same problem i dont think the issue is with gnome or kde but instead with my computer. ill just have to look into things alittle better.

im using a dell 64 bit with an ati 3650 graphics card creative x-fi sound blaster sound card

Comment

yeah kubuntu sucks as well.amongst other things when i go to activate my graphics driver it dosnt do anything. very annoying and amarok wont play music now it does the same quick scanning bah humbug perhaps xubuntu will work

since im having the same problem i dont think the issue is with gnome or kde but instead with my computer. ill just have to look into things alittle better.

im using a dell 64 bit with an ati 3650 graphics card creative x-fi sound blaster sound card
                  Most certainly a driver issue I would say. It seems that it doesn't have the drivers necessary to make your graphics & sound cards compatible with the Amarok program itself.

Have you tried to go to the ATI website and update your graphic card drivers?

Do the same with the sound card.

Comment

Most certainly a driver issue I would say. It seems that it doesn't have the drivers necessary to make your graphics & sound cards compatible with the Amarok program itself.

Have you tried to go to the ATI website and update your graphic card drivers?

Do the same with the sound card.
                    well i didnt really have a problem with my graphics card on ubuntu though on kubuntu i guess i could have done it that way since i couldnt use the driver activate thing.

ill have to try out the sound card drivers if i still have problems on xubuntu though i might end up back with ubuntu since it gives me a little icon that i can click on to mount my ntfs shares unlike in xubuntu where i have to use the terminal to mount them every time i reboot.

Comment

Working...
                    X