Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tim Bradley has a better resume than Ward, Calzaghe, Canelo,Cotto, and many others..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
    I don't think Bradley's own wife could defend him as much you are trying to defend him. I'm not even sure you're real Bradley fan. I notice a lot of your defense is tearing down the accomplishment of the other fighters. Especially Ward. No matter how much you try, it's not working. Bradley is a decent fighter who got a gift against Pacquiao. I'm assuming it was Arum's attempt to increase his status from being a borderline star. It backfired because no one bought it. Not even the people that weren't fans of Pacquiao. He'll probably get in the HOF but so will the other fighters you're comparing him to. Neither his resume or his accomplishments are better than Ward's. It's not as good but maybe closer to the other 3. He's a good fighter but he's a level below or at best on par with Canelo, Cotto, and Calzaghe. He's not event in the same conversation with Ward.
    WTF are you guys doing with Bradley then? My whole deal is if you don't count a controversial fight, then do it for the others too. Count them but if not, what Ward, Cotto, & Canelo have done isn't better than Marquez and the rest that follow. Add the controversies, and it gets even worse. Ward got a gift against Kovalev too but but it's a different level of controversy.

You have yet to give me a good reason why Ward has a better resume. All you guys keep doing is bringing up the Pac fight while ignoring your side. Bradley was considered the best at one point at 140, a division. It's similar to Ward at 168, they fought some of the best but they didn't clean their divisions even though they were #1.

Froch
    Kovalev
    Kessler
    Abraham

Is not better than

Pac
    Marquez
    Peterson
    Alexander

You can debate the last 2 of each but definitely not over the first two. Having a W over Pac and Marquez is even better than all those 4 combined. Remove Pac & Kovalev, beating Froch is not better than beating Marquez.

But anyways, this keeps going in circles. There has been posters that see where I'm coming from. If you can't see it yet after explaining myself over and over and over then you never will. You're in denial and don't want to think as your supermen as an overrated or having an inferior resume to an underrated boxer.

Comment

• Originally posted by JCorrea View Post
      Tim Bradley undoubtedly had an impressive resume. If he had more power, he would have definitely been rated amongst fans more favorably.
      Floyd Mayweather after going super diva mode after beating De La Hoya went on to have a 25ish KO percentage. One of them was on Ortiz who was dumb, Hatton, and McGregor. Bradley had more in his career.

It's because Bradley didn't sell the lifestyle flashy shit that Floyd fans eat up. Floyd is out there praising Trump and they don't want to call him king coon like they do other people. Them seeing Floyd in fancy shit, it's like they living it too. Bradley is complete opposite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teetotaler View Post
        It was khan that ducked bradley. IBF ordered bradley-khan to fight brook for the title and turned it down
        Since when???

Bradley ducked Khan and fought Casamayor instead an act so cowardly that the WBC stripped Bradley for backing out.

Comment

• Bradley was a beast at 140.

That version of Bradley VS Crawford would be a great fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
            WTF are you guys doing with Bradley then? My whole deal is if you don't count a controversial fight, then do it for the others too. Count them but if not, what Ward, Cotto, & Canelo have done isn't better than Marquez and the rest that follow. Add the controversies, and it gets even worse. Ward got a gift against Kovalev too but but it's a different level of controversy.

You have yet to give me a good reason why Ward has a better resume. All you guys keep doing is bringing up the Pac fight while ignoring your side. Bradley was considered the best at one point at 140, a division. It's similar to Ward at 168, they fought some of the best but they didn't clean their divisions even though they were #1.

Froch
            Kovalev
            Kessler
            Abraham

Is not better than

Pac
            Marquez
            Peterson
            Alexander

You can debate the last 2 of each but definitely not over the first two. Having a W over Pac and Marquez is even better than all those 4 combined. Remove Pac & Kovalev, beating Froch is not better than beating Marquez.

But anyways, this keeps going in circles. There has been posters that see where I'm coming from. If you can't see it yet after explaining myself over and over and over then you never will. You're in denial and don't want to think as your supermen as an overrated or having an inferior resume to an underrated boxer.
            We're breaking down Bradley because you're making a claim that some of us think is unproven. Whether you count the controversial wins or not there's no way to dispute his was particularly egregious. You conveniently left off Dawson and even Bika (who went on to become a world champion). If you weren't trying to win this debate there's no way you would consider Peterson or Alexander top notch opponents. Marquez lost to Pacquiao and Mayweather so that knocks him down a notch for the top tier. We're going around in circles because you're beating a dead horse. I can also see where you coming from but I disagree whole heartedly. Maybe if you ranked all the fighters you named and put him in between some where. However, to make a blanket statement and say his resume was better than ALL of them, surely you must have known you were getting a lot of push back.
            Last edited by HarvardBlue; 10-11-2017, 05:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shako93 View Post
              Sirius people dont realize this but I remember when Devon "Black Lives Matter" Alexander was considered to be the man to step into FMW Jr's shoes. I personally thought he was going to.

8-4'd pacqiaou being generous to pacman.

Bradley made Marquez look slow. Too slick too athletic.

Peterson is a top notch pure boxer, juiced to the gills.

Rios was a question mark. As much of a Bradley fan as I am the fact was Rios gave him a hard fight. Rios was clearly out of shape and gave Bradley one hell of a fight until he gassed.

Provonikov a flat footed brawler with no skills. Anybody with a 1/10th decent jab beats him. Jesus even Mathysee outboxed him with his jab. But I guess your as good as the boxing community makes you out to be.
              LMFAO @ Devin "BLM" Alexander

Comment

• i still dont know what timmy did that was so special

what were his years of dominance

his p4p high

Comment

• Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                  We're breaking down Bradley because you're making a claim that some of us think is unproven. Whether you count the controversial wins or not there's no way to dispute his was particularly egregious. You conveniently left off Dawson and even Bika (who went on to become a world champion). If you weren't trying to win this debate there's no way you would consider Peterson or Alexander top notch opponents. Marquez lost to Pacquiao and Mayweather so that knocks him down a notch for the top tier. We're going around in circles because you're beating a dead horse. I can also see where you coming from but I disagree whole heartedly. Maybe if you ranked all the fighters you named and put him in between some where. However, to make a blanket statement and say his resume was better than ALL of them, surely you must have known you were getting a lot of push back.
                  I could have put more true, go ahead and put all of yours and I put all of mine with Bradley. Peterson and Alexander were top notch opponents. The fight with Alexander was to be the best at 140, similar to Froch with Wardso go for it, put your 10 names on Ward's record. Marquez getting knocked down a notch lol, you're doing the same thing you're accusing me of dude. I can play that game too.

If you disagree then let's go, put your names. I put mine on the opening post. So far it's still looking like his resume is still better than ALL of them. No one has yet to change my mind about it. I still don't see it and I'm not being a nut hugger nor a hater. Looking at the names on the resumes, closest is Ward, then Calzaghe, then Cotto, then Canelo, then Golovkin, and then others.
                  Last edited by Mr.Fantastic; 10-11-2017, 11:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
                    i still dont know what timmy did that was so special

what were his years of dominance

his p4p high
                    https://www.*************.com/column...fighter-world/

My opinion is his years of dominance were 08-13. When he beat Witter in a fight were I think he was the underdog is where it started. The odds were like -700 to Bradley's +500.

His p4p high was #3. They hype was with Ward, Bradley never really received that much hype even though it was pretty much the same with him and Ward when they faced better opponents with knockout ratios.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                      I could have put more true, go ahead and put all of yours and I put all of mine with Bradley. Peterson and Alexander were top notch opponents. The fight with Alexander was to be the best at 140, similar to Froch with Wardso go for it, put your 10 names on Ward's record. Marquez getting knocked down a notch lol, you're doing the same thing you're accusing me of dude. I can play that game too.

If you disagree then let's go, put your names. I put mine on the opening post. So far it's still looking like his resume is still better than ALL of them. No one has yet to change my mind about it. I still don't see it and I'm not being a nut hugger nor a hater. Looking at the names on the resumes, closest is Ward, then Calzaghe, then Cotto, then Canelo, then Golovkin, and then others.
                      We can go round and round in circles but I get the feeling I'm not going to convince you. I'm happy to see that even posters that I never agree with feel the same way as I do. I will make one last attempt to take Peterson and Alexander out of the equation. The only person of significance Peterson beat was Khan. In yet another controversial decision. Amir Khan has been a running joke in boxing for the last 4 or 5 years. The only person Alexander beat of any significance was Marcos Maidana. You know who else beat Maidana? You guessed it, Amir Khan. The "running joke" I just mentioned. The "best at 140" wasn't good enough to boost his resume. Yes losing to Mayweather and Pacquiao did knocked Marquez down a notch. And I'm huge JMM fan. I thought about the 10 name but that's way too much effort at this point.

I might not convince you BUT, hopefully you'll reconsider using Alexander and Peterson as the basis of your argument. I happen to also like Peterson but I wouldn't use him as an example to boost anyone's resume. You had some good points but you haven't convinced me either. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                      X