Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hunter on Kovalev: Russian Fighters Don't Do Well in Dog Fights!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
    Also Eastern Euro Fonfara showed a lot of grit and determinatiion and refused to fold in his dogfight with Adonis. Then hooked up with Hunter and got destroyed in 1 round in the rematch
    This quote nearly got me in trouble as I started laughing out loud in an open office, LOL.

What I would say though is that very few Eastern Euro/Russian fighters will be heard saying that they are willing to die in the ring. Usually, they don't grow up in an environment where boxing is the only way out of poverty. And traditionally boxing there was viewed as a profession rather than a way of life. So balls to the walls fighters like Ruslan are the exception, and skilled operators are the norm.

They say will beats skill. Not always though. Sometimes the gap in skill is so high that no amount of will compensates. Take Loma fights - it doesn't matter how much his opponents want a dogfight or are willing to die in the ring.

So, to sum it up - Hunter is on to something, but chose clumsy words.

Comment

Hunter's dog fight equals anything goes.
      In pro boxing you have rules that are interpreted differently by different refs and even refs who interpret the rules differently from fight to fight.
      Ultimately you have a situation where a ref's action, rather than a boxer's skill, determines who wins the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
        Hunter's dog fight equals anything goes.
        In pro boxing you have rules that are interpreted differently by different refs and even refs who interpret the rules differently from fight to fight.
        Ultimately you have a situation where a ref's action, rather than a boxer's skill, determines who wins the fight.
        You're just moist because Ward got in Kovalev's ass.

You ain't fooling anybody

If Kovalev wasn't so busy rabbit-punching he coulda' done a better job protecting his tiny balls.

Ward had a chance to unload on Kovalev when he was bending over...but didn't.

If he were dirty he would have taken those free shots Kovalev GAVE him while he was crying.

If a guy gets dirty get dirty back....don't QUIT.

Hunter is right...

Comment

Originally posted by observer View Post
          This quote nearly got me in trouble as I started laughing out loud in an open office, LOL.

What I would say though is that very few Eastern Euro/Russian fighters will be heard saying that they are willing to die in the ring. Usually, they don't grow up in an environment where boxing is the only way out of poverty. And traditionally boxing there was viewed as a profession rather than a way of life. So balls to the walls fighters like Ruslan are the exception, and skilled operators are the norm.

They say will beats skill. Not always though. Sometimes the gap in skill is so high that no amount of will compensates. Take Loma fights - it doesn't matter how much his opponents want a dogfight or are willing to die in the ring.

So, to sum it up - Hunter is on to something, but chose clumsy words.
          Russians grow in far worse enviroments than most American fighters....and you know it.
          Last edited by Kigali; 10-06-2017, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buratina View Post
            All generalizations are false including this one
            Well...

Did Tszyu avenge his loss to Phillips?
            Nope
            He accepted than brutal ass-whipping

Did Loma rematch Salido?
            Nope
            He accepted that ass loss.

Kovalev broke the pattern and got his ass-beat

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
              Russians grow in far worse enviroments than most American fighters....and you know it.
              No they really don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                You're just moist because Ward got in Kovalev's ass.

You ain't fooling anybody

If Kovalev wasn't so busy rabbit-punching he coulda' done a better job protecting his tiny balls.

Ward had a chance to unload on Kovalev when he was bending over...but didn't.

If he were dirty he would have taken those free shots Kovalev GAVE him while he was crying.

If a guy gets dirty get dirty back....don't QUIT.

Hunter is right...
                Very, very well spoken !
                Not only do I respect Ward fight game, gotta respect his ring brinkmanship as well !

Comment

well why did ward retire when it looked like beterbiev was about to become his mandatory?

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                    well why did ward retire when it looked like beterbiev was about to become his mandatory?
                    Still selling fear are we ?
                    Y'all tried this with Kov remember, it didn't work. What makes u think it'll work with Berterbiev ?

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
                      I'm just saying, Kov is now admitting he lost. Why u still holding on ?

Stop acting like a crooked politician trying to spin a man's words to make them mean something different than he intended.

Comment

Working...
                      X