Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Report: Canelo-Golovkin Fight Produced 1.3 Million PPV Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
    Big stomps is back. What's up fool
    Mom let him use the laptop again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      With Pugmire writing his story, we now have a solid data point to work from.

The HD/SD breakdown will likely come out later, but you're basically talking about $50m into the pot after passing all outside folks on the US PPV.

$10m-$15m headed to K2, plus their $5m off of the live event, and let's call it another $5m to K2 off of the other revenue streams,
      and it becomes pretty clear that Golovkin would fine a tough path to get his way to the $15m that Alvarez had offered to begin with.
      lol, you havent the slightest idea what the split between Golden boy and K2 is. You are just talking out of your azz (as usual) because for some bizarre reason it would give your life some validation if Golovkin made a bad deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
        Last I knew Khan has never been on PPV before?? Or Smith??? And HECK neither was Cotto's last fight???

So what the hell are you rambling about??? Are you drunk or on drugs???
        how stupid are you? The guy I responded to implied as if Canelo is the sole reason that the ppv did well, meanwhile, I've been telling everyone, even your dumbass, that Canelo vs ggg would be his highest selling ppv other than Floyd because there was a high demand for this fight. Canelo isn't going to put up a mil plus vs any fighter. Fans like you tried to justify the flat fee offer even though sensible people knew it was a way to duck the fight at the time. As far as cotto, yes his last fight wasn't ppv, because he was coming off a loss and a nearly 2 yr layoff. When he fought Canelo, he was the 3rd biggest ppv star of his era behind Floyd and pac and at the time was the lineal mw Champion. Canelo still did bigger numbers with ggg. So what is your argument? Pointless nonsense as usual.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
          lol, you havent the slightest idea what the split between Golden boy and K2 is. You are just talking out of your azz (as usual) because for some bizarre reason it would give your life some validation if Golovkin made a bad deal.
          The fight cleared $50m from the US PPV, and the closest that Alvarez had ever seemed to split a fight with anyone as an A-side was the roughly 30 some odd percent that Chavez Jr got for their fight.

If you want to believe that K2 was somehow able negotiate some ridiculous share after, if folks are being generous, Golovkin's biggest PPV did maybe 20% of Alvarez's "PPV flop", that's on you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            The fight cleared $50m from the US PPV, and the closest that Alvarez had ever seemed to split a fight with anyone as an A-side was the roughly 30 some odd percent that Chavez Jr got for their fight.

If you want to believe that K2 was somehow able negotiate some ridiculous share after, if folks are being generous, Golovkin's biggest PPV did maybe 20% of Alvarez's "PPV flop", that's on you.
            so you are assuming that not a single person bought the fight in HD? Wait, of course you are. Anything to minimize the success of the event.

You can talk all the smack you want, but I would pretty much guarantee that between the PPV, $27 mil at the gate, closed circuit, movie theaters, sponsors, and overseas rights, this event did over $100 million in NET revenue. So I find it hard to envision a scenario where Loeffler would have accepted a split that nets GGG less than $20 million based on this revenue.

Bottom line is I dont know the split, and neither do you. Im just glad that he made a bunch of money, and his family is now set for life. And if it makes you feel better about yourself to think that he somehow left money on the table, I guess thats your business.......lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Floyd's Mask View Post
              You should let Maxi know that GGG came short to Martinez vs JCC PPV.

Nelo vs JCC about 1 million PPV, so Lil's selling power was only 300K. But we all know Nelo sold 1203,000 PPV and GGG sold 97,000
              Are you saying that Liam Smiths selling power is only 300k as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by J Dubber View Post
                Are you saying that Liam Smiths selling power is only 300k as well?
                WHos more popular, Berto or Smith? Cause that was supposedly Floyd’s last fight and boxing’s #1 PPV Star.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                  so you are assuming that not a single person bought the fight in HD? Wait, of course you are. Anything to minimize the success of the event.

You can talk all the smack you want, but I would pretty much guarantee that between the PPV, $27 mil at the gate, closed circuit, movie theaters, sponsors, and overseas rights, this event did over $100 million in NET revenue. So I find it hard to envision a scenario where Loeffler would have accepted a split that nets GGG less than $20 million based on this revenue.

Bottom line is I dont know the split, and neither do you. Im just glad that he made a bunch of money, and his family is now set for life. And if it makes you feel better about yourself to think that he somehow left money on the table, I guess thats your business.......lol
                  Well you gotta admit or at least acknowledge that PPV HD vs SD metrics aren’t disclosed. You also don’t want to encourage PPV enthusiasts that SD is good enough to watch a fight so those metrics aren’t released.

Assume buyers are lower middle class, and food and beverages hosted, is the buyer too concerned to purchase the HD version?

I will say though true 4K PPV should be able to enjoy by 2018 at a cost of $80 which is really really good for sports. Boxing will be better than ever and 4K sets are becoming standardized and affordable. Too bad previous generation boxers and its fans who couldn’t attend events would never know what 4K brings. It’s a real pleaser.

Comment

• Not being Mr. Big or anything, but I truly wonder who in the eff is buying PPV fights in SD...if you considering spending $70 for a fight, whats the extra $10, especially if you hosting..

oh well it sounds like all parties involved will make good money. I'd wager they will split between 65-70m USD when all said and done.

Comment

• Good numbers in my eyes.

Comment

Working...
                      X