No announcement yet.

Is it fashionable to be hood/gangsta

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    I think every generation goes through this phase. During the 40s it was zoot suits, the 50s and 60s it was leather jackets, denim jeans, t-shirt, 70s it was denim jackets and jeans or white beater t-shirts, 80s had the dancer and tagger crews, during the 90s gangsters looked like cartoon characters with loose baggy sportswear, starter jackets, and saggy pants in bright colors to identify their gangs. Poseurs are a dime a dozen and usually easy to pick off. Especially the dumb white ones from the suburbs.
    Loose clothing, baggy clothing came from camp, juvenile hall and jail.

They just give you anything and don't consider your size.

So these skinny 110 lb kids wear size L or XL jumpsuits.

When they got out, they started wearing baggy clothing too.

Besides the hilariously huge baggy clothes weren't really the real gang members anyway. Usually the suburb posers.

Can't wear too big or baggy. Can't fight or run in them.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      Loose clothing, baggy clothing came from camp, juvenile hall and jail.

They just give you anything and don't consider your size.

So these skinny 110 lb kids wear size L or XL jumpsuits.

When they got out, they started wearing baggy clothing too.

Besides the hilariously huge baggy clothes weren't really the real gang members anyway. Usually the suburb posers.

Can't wear too big or baggy. Can't fight or run in them.
      One of the reasons for wearing baggy clothes in prison was because tight clothes were considered feminine. Wearing tight pants in prison was/is just asking for it.

Comment

I sag my pants all day everyday my G.

Comment

Originally posted by RightJab View Post
          I'm pregnant, is that hood?
          Originally posted by -jose- View Post
          only if you don't know who da baby daddy be
          Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          Only if you don't know who the baby daddy is

Comment

its called anti intellectualism. its not cool to be smart, or successful in these communities because the vast amount of people dont have the ability to be. They are threatened by this, so its deemed to be cool to be 'street' rather than these people facing the reality of what they are, ****ing deadbeat losers.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
              One of the reasons for wearing baggy clothes in prison was because tight clothes were considered feminine. Wearing tight pants in prison was/is just asking for it.
              Prison u buy or get sent your own choice of clothing.

Camps and juvenile halls and jails a lot of times you wear a jumpsuit provided for you.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                its called anti intellectualism. its not cool to be smart, or successful in these communities because the vast amount of people dont have the ability to be. They are threatened by this, so its deemed to be cool to be 'street' rather than these people facing the reality of what they are, ****ing deadbeat losers.
                What a load of garbage.

It's not about intelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                  What a load of garbage.

It's not about intelligence.
                  no its the truth. these crackheads from the hood or 'the streets' arent going to have great careers, they arent going to earn good money, they arent going to contribute anything useful to society. The only thing they have to take any pride in is being 'street smart', so in that culture it becomes cool to act the thug, cool to be stupid. Otherwise they would be incredibly insecure, they create an environment for themselves where its cool to be an idiot, its how they compensate.

Comment

Not anymore, we are living in different times. I look at my little cousins and it's not even about that anymore.

But when i was growing up in the 90s, things were different. In a way, yea, gang mentality was more common. At school, you were either a nerd, jock, or a gangster and the ones in between were nobodies.

There were alot of hostility in my era. I got put on the set when i was 14 by going on missions. I thought i would get a pass cuz my older cousins and uncle was in it but i actually got tested more. Instead of simple jump in, i had to go on a mission against various enemies like Wah Ching and UBs... i didnt get along with Chinese gangs.

We had a spot in Koreatown called X Mue and WCs one time tried to muscle in on our territory. One dub C foo got shot and didnt live to see the next day so CHinese foos and Viets knew what time it was. Anybody try to come bang in Ktown they better be on some real sht.

Comment

If you saggin, you ***gin haha

Comment

Working...
                      X