No announcement yet.

Golovkin and Canelo two of the best chins in boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
    We already knew about Golovkin but I think it's safe to say Alvarez is up there with him now especially considering he's been moving up. Some still think that might be a weakness because of how he got hurt when he was very young but your durability definitely increases with maturity.

They both took(sometimes walked through) each other's best shots and it was one of the impressive things about the fight. Too bad the decision ruined it.

For the rematch they will be training for a 12 rounder, I don't see either getting stopped anytime soon, do you.
    Or maybe it says a lot about how overated GGG's power is considering he failed to drop a welterweight even once, couldn't stop chinny Jacobs, and failed to even hurt Canelo who was rocked by Mayweather and Kirkland.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
      Or maybe it says a lot about how overated GGG's power is considering he failed to drop a welterweight even once
      Apparently blowing out his eye socket and nearly blinding him is a sign of how overrated GGG's power is because he didn't knock him down. Can we get this guy to Vegas to show us how to score a fight?

hurt Canelo who was rocked by Mayweather and Kirkland.
      Funny I don't remember Canelo backing up into the ropes almost every round vs Mayweather and Kirkland. Clearly was "rocked" by them.

Comment

There was a shot landed by Canelo in the later rounds which was very similar to the one that sent Khan to Jupiter which landed flush on GGG's jaw and he barely even flinched at it.

I think it's time to start putting GGG's chin up there as one of the best ever seen in the sport.

Canelo has a great chin also no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Daccan View Post
          Apparently blowing out his eye socket and nearly blinding him is a sign of how overrated GGG's power is because he didn't knock him down. Can we get this guy to Vegas to show us how to score a fight?

Funny I don't remember Canelo backing up into the ropes almost every round vs Mayweather and Kirkland. Clearly was "rocked" by them.
          Kirkland held him against the ropes most of the time and had him hurt. Did youe even watch the fight dude?

Floyd Mayweather had Canelo cowering against the ropes many times in their fight, unlike in the GGG fight where Canelo CHOSE to go to the ropes to set up traps, in the Mayweather fight he was beaten back until he was against the ropes.

Blowing out Book's eye socket? Errol Spence, a welterweight, blew out his other eye too. So how does that make him such a great monster if a welterweight could do the exact same thing with his jab?

Comment

Working...
          X