Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: We've Seen Several Weaknesses To Exploit in Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo: We've Seen Several Weaknesses To Exploit in Golovkin

We've had Anthony Joshua v Wladimir Klitschko, we've had the polarising Floyd Mayweather Jr v Conor McGregor bout, but the fight of the year may well come on Saturday in Las Vegas. Gennady Golovkin will face Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez in a highly anticipated matchup years in the making, between two of the best pound-for-pound fighters on the planet.
    [Click Here To Read More]

i'm sure, he's got a smart team, gotta hand it to them.
    But you still gotta take into account if he'll have the chin to withstand Bumlovin punches

Comment

why d i feel canelo team is smarter than sanchez lol

Comment

I saw no "Plan B" or "Plan C" vs. Mayweather Jr., fron Canelo's team. He just looked pathetic. Later on, even after that bad experience, there was no Plan B or C to avoid being pounded time and time again by Lara's jab. The only reason he didn't lose that one as well, is because Lara is a super-cowardly "fighter" that got on his bike most of the fight when he felt hurt by Canelo's body punches. If Lara had engaged like a man, he could have probably won that fight clearly.

So, no plan B or C, when somebody bigger than him, who hits harder and even so, has better stamina than him, will mean a KO for sure. Canelo's preparation fight should have been a true dangerous middleweight, somebody like Lemieux, not a drained super-bum like Chavez Jr.

I hope at least the first rounds are on par with the big hype. Because just by sheer size, GGG already looks like the winner to me.

Comment

Originally posted by sterilizer View Post
          I saw no "Plan B" or "Plan C" vs. Mayweather Jr., fron Canelo's team. He just looked pathetic. Later on, even after that bad experience, there was no Plan B or C to avoid being pounded time and time again by Lara's jab. The only reason he didn't lose that one as well, is because Lara is a super-cowardly "fighter" that got on his bike most of the fight when he felt hurt by Canelo's body punches. If Lara had engaged like a man, he could have probably won that fight clearly.

So, no plan B or C, when somebody bigger than him, who hits harder and even so, has better stamina than him, will mean a KO for sure. Canelo's preparation fight should have been a true dangerous middleweight, somebody like Lemieux, not a drained super-bum like Chavez Jr.

I hope at least the first rounds are on par with the big hype. Because just by sheer size, GGG already looks like the winner to me.
          Lemieux was very dangerous. Low reward. Lemieux can KO Canelo. Then he could never get GGG and such big payday.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirus View Post
            Lemieux was very dangerous. Low reward. Lemieux can KO Canelo. Then he could never get GGG and such big payday.
            Ask Marco Antonio Rubio & Jaochim Alcine how dangerous Lemieux is. Or do you think Lemieux has improved since those loses? Any improvements made by Lemieux have been marginal, especially compared to the physical & technical strides that Canelo has made in that same period of time.

Comment

Go get him cement legs, just hope you don't start gassing by rd 2.

Comment

Originally posted by vaynardevil View Post
                why d i feel canelo team is smarter than sanchez lol
                As sorry as I think canelos team is they levels above team ggg

Comment

Canelo's got them judges. That's Golovkin's real "weakness." He won't get a single round without a knockdown.

Comment

Originally posted by sterilizer View Post

Your assessment seems to takes a lot into account, but not the improvements that Canelo has made in the years since those fights transpired. In addition, Golovkin has a completely opposite style of boxing compared to the three defense-first opponents you chose from Canelo's resume. Mayweather & Lara were both regarded among the top defensive fighters in their divisions, and those fights happened a number of years ago. More recently, Chavez was out-of-shape, and in survival-mode throughout the fight. Chavez threw very little, moved a lot, and was only interested in hearing the final bell. You could say that Canelo could not KO the bigger man, OR you could say that Canelo had the bigger man shook & fearing for his life. It's all about how you WANT to interpret the facts.
                    Last edited by Lemonhead_Jeff; 09-15-2017, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X