Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko: Rigondeaux Fight Would Play Out Like Marriaga Did!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They always say nobody wants to fight him and then when people call him out there's an issue. Make the fight happen already. The fans want to see it! Until the fight goes down the only thing that will happen are heated debates between fans lol

Comment

Originally posted by Thetruthiserrol View Post
      I agree. Loma will KO him easily.
      If its so easy then why won't they fight him?

Comment

Originally posted by pedrito View Post
        I slightly favor Lomachenko in this fight, based on weight and age mostly, but also because a good swarmer has an edge against a pure boxer. It's really a fight I'd love to see, they're two of the most skilled fighters active today and their styles should make for an interesting match. And yes, obviously the fight won't look anything like the Marriaga fight - in which I thought btw that Loma was getting caught just a tiny bit too clean considering, but hey I suppose he wanted to put on a show and risked a bit to do so.
        I agree with every word.

After the fight, Lomo said he needed to work on defense. Probably a good idea if you're going to fight Rigo, who's heavy-handed and accurate. Vasyl isn't touching Rigo without getting hit in return. It's laughable to say a Rigondeaux fight would play out the same as with a journeyman. I believe Lomo wins this matchup, for the very reasons you cited, but I wouldn't go betting the house on it. Lol

Comment

This little ***** Rigondeaux is obviously looking to cash out. If you can't see that by now, then you need to get your head out of the sand...

The offer has always been there for Rigondeaux and it's NOT a low ball. This is a guy who made 110K in his last fight on Ward Kovalev PPV undercard ffs. Yet somehow no one seems to bring that up.

He's probably looking for $750K +, which he's not going to get, because that would mean Lomachenko would have to take less money.

Comment

No article on the ratings of the Loma fight? lmao Steve Kim would have already wrote 5 articles about if it was a PBC fight

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_R View Post
              Lomachenko thinks Rigo would fight the same as Marriaga.

lol, nobody thinks that, Loma included. He said it would play out the same, ie Loma believes he would break him down same as Walters/Sosa/Marriaga, which all played out the same.

I agree with Loma, mainly because Rigo is a 122 fighter while Loma is 130. Rigo is 36, and fights at 122 lbs. He has already lost some foot speed due to age - now add 8 lbs, factor in his age (weight jumping at older ages isn't the same as at younger ages where the body is more forgiving), do you think the foot-speed increases or decreases ?

Then look at the Amagasa fight where a limited fighter like Amagasa didn't find it that hard to get to Rigo, even had him down, then slow that version of Rigo down a bit and put Loma in there instead.

This isn't the Rigo of 5 years ago where he was still 100%, we're talking a declined Rigo being asked to carry an extra 8lbs against someone equally good as him, except Loma is in his prime and at his optimum weight.

Also factor in Rigo's apparent ease of going down when he gets caught. Rigo hardly ever got touched before, a less mobile Rigo is going to catch quite a few shots from Loma, and I suspect that while he will land on Loma too, Loma will be able to take shots better than Rigo. And can Rigo carry his power to 130 ? (dunno)

Just can't see any way Rigo wins.

Comment

I'm mad the NFL had the dang hall of fame speech that took up the top rank boxing card on my recording smh

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
                  lol, nobody thinks that, Loma included. He said it would play out the same, ie Loma believes he would break him down same as Walters/Sosa/Marriaga, which all played out the same.

I agree with Loma, mainly because Rigo is a 122 fighter while Loma is 130. Rigo is 36, and fights at 122 lbs. He has already lost some foot speed due to age - now add 8 lbs, factor in his age (weight jumping at older ages isn't the same as at younger ages where the body is more forgiving), do you think the foot-speed increases or decreases ?

Then look at the Amagasa fight where a limited fighter like Amagasa didn't find it that hard to get to Rigo, even had him down, then slow that version of Rigo down a bit and put Loma in there instead.

This isn't the Rigo of 5 years ago where he was still 100%, we're talking a declined Rigo being asked to carry an extra 8lbs against someone equally good as him, except Loma is in his prime and at his optimum weight.

Also factor in Rigo's apparent ease of going down when he gets caught. Rigo hardly ever got touched before, a less mobile Rigo is going to catch quite a few shots from Loma, and I suspect that while he will land on Loma too, Loma will be able to take shots better than Rigo. And can Rigo carry his power to 130 ? (dunno)

Just can't see any way Rigo wins.
                  That's oversimplified imo. No guarantee he puts in the full 8 pounds. 2nd styles make fights. Recall Jacobs was chinny but went 12 with Trip. I just feel like Rigo has enough pop to limit Lomas aggression. Not necessarily win...but definitely not get stopped.

Comment

Like Marriaga? Lol . Lomachenko must be an NSB poster cause he thinks just like a typical one. I hope he truly is not this stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                      That's oversimplified imo. No guarantee he puts in the full 8 pounds. 2nd styles make fights. Recall Jacobs was chinny but went 12 with Trip. I just feel like Rigo has enough pop to limit Lomas aggression. Not necessarily win...but definitely not get stopped.
                      True, Rigo would probably be better off by not adding the full 8, and he probably wouldn't.

There would be an X factor too. Looking at the Amagasa fight, I couldn't help thinking 'what the eff is wrong with Rigo ?'. He looked terrible in that fight, and pretty sure a combo of not being properly prepared, over-looking the opponent and/or the travel to Japan.

Ditto Loma was a bit sloppy at times with Marriaga, and pretty sure he was looking past him and not really at his best.

If Loma and Rigo faced off, the X factor is that they would both treat the fight VERY seriously, whereas I suspect they both slacked off a bit in other fights.

I still think Rigo has declined though, and age combined with the weight would make it a long night for him.

Comment

Working...
                      X